so i got arrested yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i got arrested yesterday

so i was maybe going 30 in the baybrook mall parking lot, the part where it looks like a 4 lane road.. anyway, a houston cop pulls behind me after i leave the parking lot, gets on his bullhorn and says "pull the **** over" so i did, and he came up and yanked me out of my car, slammed me up against my car and cuffed me.. he then walked me over and slammed me against his car, took my wallet and got my drivers license and insurance and then put me in the back of his car. 2 wreckers show up, and in the mean time my gf is in my car flipping the **** out. about 10 minutes later he takes me out of his car, un cuffs me, apologizes for being a complete dick, and has me sign a ticket for speeding 40 in a 10 mph zone, but the location he gives is glenwest st, which runs behind the mall where i was pulled over, he didn't note anywhere where the 10 mph zone was. can he even give a ticket for this?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

file a harassment complaint. and yes he will probably get away with writing down the wrong street name. sux but the courts don't care.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Pimp

Glenwest is NOT a 10mph zone. If you prove that you're good to go. At least that's how it should be. You're probably fucked..

Maybe file a report on him??
Old 05-30-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

So he was yelling obscenities over his PA?

What was his reason for everything? Thought you were someone else?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Launching!

He did all that **** to you?

Yea... I'd do what Brian said. Im sure the camera on their dashboard has to be recording during a traffic stop or when they turn their lights on.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Pimp

Most HPD units do NOT have a camera.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by _Zac
Most HPD units do NOT have a camera.

Oohh... did not know that
Old 05-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

you didnt get arrested you got fucked. i would call his police chief and file a report. thats totally unnecessary. back in boston my friend got a ticket where they put the wrong street name and he got off the hook totally because the cop made a lameass mistake. even if the ticket sticks file a report on that douchers ***. i hate cops who think they **** ice cream, in reality thats most of them.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Launching!

one solution, which i proved to dallas p.d. is downshift and hit the gas. **** that **** hahaha. not recommended though lol....
Old 05-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
So he was yelling obscenities over his PA?

What was his reason for everything? Thought you were someone else?
ha yeah, he was saying what if somones little girl walked out in front of you.. i was thinking, thats the outer edge of a huge parking lot away from buildings... wheres this little girl going to come from? he was cussing me out all the way back to his car, i'm telling you this **** was bad. i went back over there this morning and its 15 mph around that loop, and glenwest where he had me pulled over is 45 mph
Old 05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Teching In

i didn't know they could give tickets in a mall parking lot...i thought it was private property, but google maps has a name for that loop i was speeding on, so maybe it is a public street..
Old 05-30-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

once you cross between the curbs and go into the actual parking area that becomes baybrook mall property. that street that circles the parking lot is public. so yes he can write you a ticket, but he wrote the ticket using the wrong street name, so technically it COULD get thrown out, but depending on the judge that doesn't mean it will happen. if i were you i'de get with his unit and file a complaint like i mentioned BEFORE your day in court. that way you have some ammo to fire at the judge if he tries to make you pay the ticket.

i can already tell you the judge is going to try to get you to admit that you were speeding, regardless of what street it was on. if you are stupid enough to admit in open court that YES I WAS SPEEDING BUT THE COP WROTE THE WRONG STREET....the judge WILL make you pay that ****. DO NOT admit to the fact you were speeding, side step it at all costs, if they want to prove that you were speeding then ok...but you do have the right to the 5th amendment SO USE IT.

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 05-30-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't get arrested. Though it sounds like the cop overreacted

I'm surprised that HPD doesn't have cameras and mics. All of the APD traffic patrol guys are wired up. They want all the video and audio for court.

There was a big blow up a year ago when APD shot and killed a suspect in an apartment complex parking lot because in two of the three responding patrol cars the officers failed to activate their cameras. The **** hit the fan over that one.

We've seen Williamson County yell profanities through their PA, but we approved. They were clearing a bunch of dumbshit ricers out of a parking lot at a street meet and we were laughing our asses off at the insults the deputy was flinging at those ricer tards.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Teching In

ok thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems like the cop went way overboard for just speeding by roughing you up like that. You should file a complaint to his supervisor and talk to a lawyer about it.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest, once police lights are on as you are being pulled over, you really are under arrest! If you are wearing cuffs you are really arrested! The officer has the option to release you at any time during this process.
I know the area pretty well and where you were pulled over is fair game you can be arrested/detained given a ticket etc. The fact that the officer wrote the wrong street means nothing since it was possibly the closest named street to your location.
It is your option to fight this ticket in court. Now said officers demeanor should be addressed in court if indeed you have expressed to us everything that ocurred... Maybe you were a possible suspect,matching vehicle etc.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i say u do what brian says and fight that bitch , I probably would of been laughing at him the whole way to the car as I can control my self when in trouble to laugh lmfao hahah
Old 05-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned Scammer The PAT WS6

pussssy u didnt get arrested
Old 05-30-2010, 06:49 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
To be honest, once police lights are on as you are being pulled over, you really are under arrest! If you are wearing cuffs you are really arrested! The officer has the option to release you at any time during this process.
Yes, going by the technical legal definition, that is correct. Anytime someone is "detained" by law enforcement it is technically an arrest. But let's not get silly here. Every time you get pulled over you say you were "arrested"? No, you got pulled over. In common vernacular, if you take a ride downtown and get booked in... then you really have been arrested.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing you can do that we have done before is to call and ask to be connected to the cop that pulled you over. Tell him that the ticket is bogus and so were his actions, and that you have spoken with an attorney and he should consider dropping the ticket or you will be filing a formal complaint of his actions with the police commisioner. Because if a formal complaint is filed he is suspended with pay till it is figured out im pretty sure.

Quick Reply: so i got arrested yesterday