Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my way
Old 06-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Teching In

i was disappointed to have only seen one other ws6 there today
i did see lots of 4th gen camaros though!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Teching In

some vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1dj...=youtube_gdata

a cop turned in the parking lot 2 seconds before this one, so I was gonna take it easy, but the other guy didn't care, so I figured.....why not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFH1Z58cBVA

Last edited by uscgreel; 06-05-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Teching In

ahhh i wish i could have gotten mine on video!
I fishtailed badly out of the parking lot right there haha
Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by uscgreel
some vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1dj...=youtube_gdata

a cop turned in the parking lot 2 seconds before this one, so I was gonna take it easy, but the other guy didn't care, so I figured.....why not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1djSYQlxI
Perfect example on why Coffee & Cars has been talked about being canceled by the business owners in Uptown Park.

B
Old 06-05-2010, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Wish I could have made it but forgot we had a meeting fo the walk fo juvenile diabetes this morning at house of blues maybe next time
Old 06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Perfect example on why Coffee & Cars has been talked about being canceled by the business owners in Uptown Park.

B
If you watch the videos you can see people standing there watching, do you know what they are watching for Strini SS? Well the answer to that riddle is...for people to do exactly what was displayed in that video. People don't gather there to watch a 2000 Camaro take off slow.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strini SS

B
I don't see what the big deal is. Most of those places don't open until 11 PM anyway and everybody generally clears out by about 1030.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with STRINI.. this is why there is maybe two good meets around the Houston area. All of the good meets got shutdown years ago b/c of stuff like this. There is a place and time for everything...Why adults can't hang around and talk about cars without having to do a burnout/ racing while they are leaving is beyond me.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by uscgreel
If you watch the videos you can see people standing there watching, do you know what they are watching for Strini SS? Well the answer to that riddle is...for people to do exactly what was displayed in that video. People don't gather there to watch a 2000 Camaro take off slow.

so if theres some middle age people and little kids in the area, that gives you justification to get on it and look like a complete *** clown?
and you're how old?

why cant people just go there and check out the nice rides? whats the point in trying to show off in a 40k$ corvette after you just pulled out of a lot with some 200k+ cars? idiotic at best.

that was a badass video of that vette. slow *** shifts, barely breaking loose, and when it decelerated it sounded like absolute ****. like a ford ranger that some 14yr old kid took a hacksaw to the exhaust.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
so if theres some middle age people and little kids in the area, that gives you justification to get on it and look like a complete *** clown?
and you're how old?

why cant people just go there and check out the nice rides? whats the point in trying to show off in a 40k$ corvette after you just pulled out of a lot with some 200k+ cars? idiotic at best.

that was a badass video of that vette. slow *** shifts, barely breaking loose, and when it decelerated it sounded like absolute ****. like a ford ranger that some 14yr old kid took a hacksaw to the exhaust.

Exactly... what if one of those cars broke loose and hopped that curb straight into that crowd? Once again, there is a time and place for everything... Uptown Park at 10 in the morning is not a place to be doing **** like that.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wild thing
Exactly... what if one of those cars broke loose and hopped that curb straight into that crowd? Once again, there is a time and place for everything... Uptown Park at 10 in the morning is not a place to be doing **** like that.
Yall like to play the "what if" game more than anyone I know. Give it a rest. They were there to watch the cars take off. It fun to get to see and hear cars that you dont see every day. Thats why people bring their kids and what not.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dickster86
Yall like to play the "what if" game more than anyone I know. Give it a rest. They were there to watch the cars take off. It fun to get to see and hear cars that you dont see every day. Thats why people bring their kids and what not.
I would just think people would use some common sense... burning out after a meet isn't "cool" it makes you look like a jackass. Especially a meet like this one, a meet where ferraris, lambos, etc.. like to gather. If **** like this keeps going on they will move to a different location. I've been around this scene since I got my license... this is what happens to every meet. People start doing stupid ****, cops start showing up, people keep acting stupid and then they get shut down. I don't know who you are talking about when you are saying "yall", I basically stated that **** does happen and I have seen people lose control doing stupid **** after meets, it could easily happen. I'm not trying to act like I am perfect on the road, I just don't do it around a large group of people, or any bystanders for that matter.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Launching!

what you failed to realise is that the event has almost already got shut down because of idiots rev'ing their weak *** cars in the parking lots.
keep in mind that the event supporters arent paying the local shops. so if something happens the local shops will just kick the event out because its not worth the risk to their paying customers.
uptown park is an awesome place, would you rather meet up in a target parking lot with a bunch of civics and integras? cause thats the kind of **** they do there. might fit in real well.
truth is 95% of the idiots that are making noise leaving the events are people with civics, chargers, and iroc's, not the guys with f430's and CGT's. why is that? because they know better and handle themselves as professionals around other people.

If you want to rag the hell out of your car, wait about 2miles, jump on beltway8 and rip it apart, no one gives a crap then! NEWS FLASH! no one is impressed with a 13 second car making a bunch of noise. please stop!
Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Launching!

dbl post.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

what you failed to realise is that the event has almost already got shut down because of idiots rev'ing their weak *** cars in the parking lots.
keep in mind that the event supporters arent paying the local shops. so if something happens the local shops will just kick the event out because its not worth the risk to their paying customers.
uptown park is an awesome place, would you rather meet up in a target parking lot with a bunch of civics and integras? cause thats the kind of **** they do there. might fit in real well.
truth is 95% of the idiots that are making noise leaving the events are people with civics, chargers, and iroc's, not the guys with f430's and CGT's. why is that? because they know better and handle themselves as professionals around other people.

If you want to rag the hell out of your car, wait about 2miles, jump on beltway8 and rip it apart, no one gives a crap then! NEWS FLASH! no one is impressed with a 13 second car making a bunch of noise. please stop!
Me and this guy see eye to eye. I can't believe the stupidity of some people.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

LOL... you weren't out there today then where you?
because they had the GT40's, Shelby Cobra's, some Ferrari's, and a few merciolago(sp) that did exactly the same thing these two vettes where video taped doing..
(there where also several HPD cruisers in the parking lot at this time, they knew what was going on.)
I was standing in the parking lot right next to the feeder road, and watched a lot of HIGH end cars doing the exact same thing these other "KIDS" where doing..
I think it's funny that a normal meet on a Friday or Sat. night. when somebody pulls up in a vette, they are considered more mature(older car enthusiasts) than say a person with an F-body, but at this one you refer to Vette owners as kids...
and these guys are not professionals... they just happen to have butt load more money than I do.. LOL and are able to buy a high end car..

as far as is it right... no. it's not.
But I figure HPD will allow this until something happens..
Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
LOL... you weren't out there today then where you?
because they had the GT40's, Shelby Cobra's, some Ferrari's, and a few merciolago(sp) that did exactly the same thing these two vettes where video taped doing..
(there where also several HPD cruisers in the parking lot at this time, they knew what was going on.)
I was standing in the parking lot right next to the feeder road, and watched a lot of HIGH end cars doing the exact same thing these other "KIDS" where doing..
I think it's funny that a normal meet on a Friday or Sat. night. when somebody pulls up in a vette, they are considered more mature(older car enthusiasts) than say a person with an F-body, but at this one you refer to Vette owners as kids...
and these guys are not professionals... they just happen to have butt load more money than I do.. LOL and are able to buy a high end car..

as far as is it right... no. it's not.
But I figure HPD will allow this until something happens..
Exactly, If HPD is alright with it and all the shop owners i've talked to are ok with it, I really don't see any harm. Trying to look cool and going completely sideways with a sidewalk full of kids and people is another thing though, be smart about it if your going to do it.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=ThunderZ28;13408765]I will see if I can make it Joe.
Depends on work..
I just came off a week and a half vacation, so I may have to work..[/QUO

whats up bro my name is anthony iam a friend of rays thats lives off east i was wondering whats up and ur car is clean
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=2010toni;13428742]
Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
I will see if I can make it Joe.
Depends on work..
I just came off a week and a half vacation, so I may have to work..[/QUO

whats up bro my name is anthony iam a friend of rays thats lives off east i was wondering whats up and ur car is clean
Whats up Anthony..
thanks for the compliment