FCKN' Retreads

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you don't like retreads, start buying new tires for all the trucks out there. Once you bought a few of them then you will see why retreads are economical.
if you run over a retread then more than likely you aren't paying attention to the road.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by need4fun2469
if you don't like retreads, start buying new tires for all the trucks out there. Once you bought a few of them then you will see why retreads are economical.
if you run over a retread then more than likely you aren't paying attention to the road.
but then again, if retreads were made to be illegal, there would have to be a lot more new tires made to make up for the current retread market, which means that new tires won't have to be as expensive as they are now, since they won't have to worry about getting undercut by retreads.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Road Gators!

I had one of those do about $2000 worth of damage to the front of my vette. Couldn't avoid it in traffic.
I had another one actually rip the tranny skid plate off the bottom of a Cherokee I had. I couldn't believe it actually tore a steel plate off the bottom of my Jeep.
Those things are a menace!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
but then again, if retreads were made to be illegal, there would have to be a lot more new tires made to make up for the current retread market, which means that new tires won't have to be as expensive as they are now, since they won't have to worry about getting undercut by retreads.
You are dead wrong in your thinking. The only thing keeping the cost of new tires down are recaps. If there wasn't any recaps the tire manufacturers could set the price a lot higher than what they are now.
I have seen new tires blowout because of poor tire maintenance. Improper tire pressure.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

i understand not all things can be avoided that are in the road. Sometimes you have no where to go to be able to avoid them.
For the most part, drivers are following too close to the car in front of them or fiddling with something in their vehicles (cell phones)that keep them from seeing obstacles in the road.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Friend of mine hit one in his DD civic. Punched a hole in his oil pan, shattered his front bumper, destroyed his wheel and blew his tire. It was ridiculous. Not a whole lot you can do about it and I sure wont complain as long as it keeps the prices of tires down.