Fuel injectors keep popping out of the fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I just revived a thread from 2010. But I made my own threat with pretty much literally zero help, I'm having the same problem and this is the only other person post up a similar problem. Any fixes?
Old 10-16-2014, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I developed the philosophy of F a buncha aftermarket fuel rails. No more leak issues.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

With the fuel rails installed, unbolt the rail from the L brackets, and see if the fuel rails push further down. If so, mark where you need to drill new holes in the L brackets. That's what I would do.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
With the fuel rails installed, unbolt the rail from the L brackets, and see if the fuel rails push further down. If so, mark where you need to drill new holes in the L brackets. That's what I would do.
I do this al the time, it actually does sit lower on the injectors when re seated. But the distance is so small it's only a couple millimeters apart and IMO not really a great idea to "extend" the existing hole for the brackets. I just wish there were aftermarket brackets that don't flex as much and held it down more firmly on the injectors. How hasn't anyone marketed any yet with all aftermarket rails supposedly having this problem??!?!
Old 10-19-2014, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
do this but instead of drilling more holes just have a machine shop shave the brackets down

Quick Reply: Fuel injectors keep popping out of the fuel rail