Sealy.....Saturday?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Powell chill out bro, he said casters IRS C5, not fastest car. The first pass he had he'll keeping traction and got squirlly but the 2nd pass was straight and clean.

Overall I was a little disappointed in the competition of the day. The best matchup in my opinion were two black Trans Ams that went at it a few times running low 11's- high 10's.
It's to early for me to read full post before I talk smack. Plus I'm hungry, and in a bad mood due to lack of sleep. Now if Chris E doesn't hurry up with his damn work out I'm going to start bonesawing **** left and right. I'm HUNGRY!!! RAWR!!!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
It's to early for me to read full post before I talk smack. Plus I'm hungry, and in a bad mood due to lack of sleep. Now if Chris E doesn't hurry up with his damn work out I'm going to start bonesawing **** left and right. I'm HUNGRY!!! RAWR!!!!!
Hey Powell, I'd like a crack at Herbie as well. I'm having some little fuel pump issues currently but that should be taken care of by this coming up week sometime. I'll let you know when my car has all of the bugs worked out and we can do this if you accept...
Old 06-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by enigmah
Yep exactly what ARD's car looked like.. Thats why i assumed it was you. Ohh well. Too much nitrous i guess?
I would imagine....

Originally Posted by ??mystery man!
Also.. Owen has NO clue how a camshaft works.. trust. me.. I've seen cars make LESS horsepower with cams he pics.. w
His 2010 Camaro.. here is the REAL story on that pile..
468 cid.. 11 to 1
LS7 Warhawk heads,
fast 102mm intake..
Owen picked cam( wrong size trust me lol)
450 shot of Nitrous.. yes its not a typo!
he now has a 4l80e reverse manual valve body..( he has to shift it)
Big rear axles, 3.73 gears.. has a manual lockup switch.. 3500 convertor
lots of other small crap.. on the big 450 shot.. made.. 830hp.. that's it.. convertor locked.. I saw it run 11.40's.. never saw it run the 10.30's he posted...
His original setup with the ls3 has cam, cnc heads, etc with a 250 shot and it ran high 11's..
Car is a turd... he lies about the Nitrous shot... always does..
Old 06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
I love internet warriors
Steven how is that being an internet warrior? That's just stating the facts, the car went a 5.9 @120 in the 1/8th.

That is DAMN impressive, so is your customers car, but lets give some credit where it's due here.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by _Zac
Steven how is that being an internet warrior? That's just stating the facts, the car went a 5.9 @120 in the 1/8th.

That is DAMN impressive, so is your customers car, but lets give some credit where it's due here.
...and then it blew up. Not that impressive.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by jmorgan
All these cars blow up, why do you think the LMR car has a LSX block in it? You aren't hauling *** unless you're breaking ****.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by jmorgan
**** happens and parts fail. Too bad it was from a stock block that failed. They didn't have a LSX or Warhawk block like everyone else. I didn't see anyone else out there getting into the 5's.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:39 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dan03mach
**** happens and parts fail. Too bad it was from a stock block that failed. They didn't have a LSX or Warhawk block like everyone else. I didn't see anyone else out there getting into the 5's.
Not a great argument there. They have a built LS7 motor in the car. For the price of buying an LS7 block the LSX is not much more. The 1/8th mile times are super impresive to say the least, the race that was going to happen wasnt 1/8th mile, it was 1/4 mile. I will anxiously await for the Dallas car to be repaired and see both cars line up next to each other.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by RCC
Not a great argument there. They have a built LS7 motor in the car. For the price of buying an LS7 block the LSX is not much more. The 1/8th mile times are super impresive to say the least, the race that was going to happen wasnt 1/8th mile, it was 1/4 mile. I will anxiously await for the Dallas car to be repaired and see both cars line up next to each other.
Yeah the race was 1/4 mile not 1/8th mile and the car was set up for the 1/4 not the 1/8th and it still ran a 5.9 @120 in the 1/8th so If you don't think it wouldn't have gone faster then 9.6 in the 1/4 you're crazy man. As for the LS7 block as far as I know It could have been given to them and was free. So the LSX block would have been a lot more.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Pimp

I think LMR and oc2 will agree it isn't about how much was spent, but more about how fast you're going.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car still has the stock 3.45's in the rear, it's just fast. We will set up a race when the "real" silver car is finished. To many people think I was there at Sealy and I wasnt.

5.90's, thats about 3 tenths quicker then Davids car in the 1/8th.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Powell chill out bro, he said casters IRS C5, not fastest car. The first pass he had he'll keeping traction and got squirlly but the 2nd pass was straight and clean.

Overall I was a little disappointed in the competition of the day. The best matchup in my opinion were two black Trans Ams that went at it a few times running low 11's- high 10's.
Were those ARD's trans ams? they were parked right by the trailer the whole time. I only saw them run a couple of times.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

What kind of car is Herbie? Just asking.. Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

VW Beetle... duhhhhh
Old 06-14-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Steven, no offense bro but as OCII and Sam both said they have you all killed in the 1/8th (which they do) and they even said they will be calling you for a match when its done. It's not internet warrior. I think your days are numbered unless Brooks spends another good chunk of change Which hey that's business for you and that's what every business owner wants right?

Just don't do it at Sealy pick a track that you know EVERYONE is going to dead hook on. I remember being told Sealy hooked perfect and they go to make a run in Robs car and he almost wrecked it. Then we lined up Matt and he almost did the same...

If I still have some MS109 left I want to meet up with you all and have a shot at that 2010. Make sure you bring a video camera because if Herbie does some how win I want to see the reaction from everyone...

With that being said name a day this week for Freebirds. I've had to get it to-go the last 2 weeks. I don't want to do that again!

Powell, you and your little buds are the PERFECT example of INTERNET WARRIORS.

You see the difference is, when we post up about a car, we actually SHOW up at the race and TAKE home the MONEY time and time again. We never talk out of our *** about what could be done or should be done and NEVER show up to race. That is not us. WE ARE RACERS! win or lose

Now, you and your interenet buddies can type on a computer with the best of them, and talk about how fast this car is and should be, but when its time to let your nuts hang and show up at a race to line up next to someone, yall are no where to be found but at home behind your computer typing. TYPICAL
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Powell, you and your little buds are the PERFECT example of INTERNET WARRIORS.

You see the difference is, when we post up about a car, we actually SHOW up at the race and TAKE home the MONEY time and time again. We never talk out of our *** about what could be done or should be done and NEVER show up to race. That is not us. WE ARE RACERS! win or lose

Now, you and your interenet buddies can type on a computer with the best of them, and talk about how fast this car is and should be, but when its time to let your nuts hang and show up at a race to line up next to someone, yall are no where to be found but at home behind your computer typing. TYPICAL

Damn!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

wow
Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

lol..
Old 06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
8 Second Club

Interesting you say that Steven...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6Hzh7NHBc

I didn't seen ANY LMR cars competing at TX2K10, even street cars... I saw you driving Bob's Viper, but that's about it.

I made 10 passes that day and I didn't see any of you all's customers in the next lane.

First "Night Meet" I honestly only drove out there because we had to rig a LOT of things to get the rear wheels to fit and wanted to make sure it could last a drive. Hell I didn't feel comfortable driving home because front runners aren't so easy to stop on. Second night meet I went home early so I could get up in the morning to do some drag racing.

Going back to the Camaro days. I was out at the track PLENTY of times and I DID line up against you and I lost. I blew a head gasket, Landers, etc... can verify but I lost regardless. When Trans Am Dan called me out in his stock motor car we actually came out to the meet and nothing happened.

You always talk about when we go racing this and that. No offense dude it's easy to do when you don't pay for anything... If someone had us build a car and drive it for them; and they cover it if we break it or blow it up. I'd be down to do it any day of the week. The problem is we don't. If I break a halfshaft it cost ME $2200 for a set of Driveshaft Shop ones... If you break a halfshaft in the 2010 it cost the CUSTOMER $XXXX and you MAKE $XXX. I'm not hating on anyone for being able to do that. Hell I wish I could be the driver for some cars, but I never will be more than likely.

There is no keyboard warrioring in there. It's ALL the truth. Correct me if I'm wrong on that last part????

Anyway if you want to do lunch call me. I'll be around the office and we can eat Olive Garden, Freebirds, 5 Guys Hamburgers, whatever. We can set up some races and figure out a day to line up some cars. We will have a few cameras so we can cover excuses, etc.... Plus with multiple cameras there will always be a 2nd video posted
Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 AM
RCC
On The Tree

LMR at the track.They make a cute couple-