Who is going to the San Antonio *meet*??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Henderson does good work, Lethal does good work, Nelson does good work, Fuel Injection does good work.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't go too far saying Lethal does "good" work. This is a pic of a guy's pinion angle after they installed an engine, trans, and rear end in his car. Note they didn't even have the jam nuts even close to tight. It looks like they just slapped the torque arm on and went with it.

Initial measurments showed me it had 7degrees positive angle where it should be no more than 2.5 negative.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Teching In

track was good...
Adolf ran a constant 11.49
Nick ran 12.9
z28 with small cam no bolt ons .. 13.3
Old 07-10-2011, 03:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alex41
Wouldn't go too far saying Lethal does "good" work. This is a pic of a guy's pinion angle after they installed an engine, trans, and rear end in his car. Note they didn't even have the jam nuts even close to tight. It looks like they just slapped the torque arm on and went with it.

Initial measurments showed me it had 7degrees positive angle where it should be no more than 2.5 negative.

No sweat man. Last time I looked the shop was packed. Vettes/camaros/TA's/Mustangs/Ford GT/Vipers/ZR1 I dont think there doing to bad. lol

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 07-10-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fbody junkie
track was good...
Nick ran 12.9
Wow those are some slow times. Me with just my long tubes I was running 13.0's-13.1's......especially nick...
Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_the_SS
Wow those are some slow times. Me with just my long tubes I was running 13.0's-13.1's......especially nick...
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fbody junkie
track was good...
Nick ran 12.9
I thought you said the cam was equal to an MS4
Old 07-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

had a good time at the track..sad to see that kenne bell whoopin so much ***..and the guy that tore out the 10bolt but other than that seemed like the tracked hooked good was impressed..
Old 07-10-2011, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

If that z28 was running just a ms4 that explains why it's so slow. That cam needs to breathe and no way a stock intake car would allow that
Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

nick has no tires....adolf is running ****** good with just bolt ons n spray
Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Eric dont make excuses for them. The times are still slow for the what is done. It's not my fault they don't have tire. Building your car to roll race is fine..... But don't get pissy is someone tells the truth about being slow in a real race.

NHRA-National Highway Roll Association = fail

Don't be a nut hugger Eric.

Last edited by Dave_the_SS; 07-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

I'm not being a nut hugger u can't say there slow which really there faster then u...if there slow ur even slower just saying
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Is that john andrews camaro??
Old 07-10-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alex......You know there is only 1 shop in this town that touches my car from time to time. My thing is, people come on here asking for suggestions on shops (they never listen to sound advice) and everyone has there own opinion. If these same people came to meets, hung around car people, or went to events they could manufacture their own opinions. By the way, I agree with your pictures/statements, just wanted to clarify why I wrote that garbage post.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zamora7
I thought you said the cam was equal to an MS4
LOL you're gonna believe Lala when he says that? He prolly dont even know what an MS4 is.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

Eric think. About what you. Are going to type before u wrote it. Cause what just said is so completely illogical and retarded.

I said the times are slow for the mods they have done due to the fact that me personally runs a 13.0-13.1 with only long tubes. There for nicks 12.9 is really slow considering hers a heads cam car. Thus making my car seem faster them what it is.
Don't use the excuse of not having tire just cause the times were slow. Plain an simple u go to the track ready to race......meaning of u don't have tire that sounds like a personal problem. Run what u brung.
As for adolfs time I never said specifically his pass was slow. So chill out barbie no need to get your panties in a bunch
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blown90camaro
had a good time at the track..sad to see that kenne bell whoopin so much ***..and the guy that tore out the 10bolt but other than that seemed like the tracked hooked good was impressed..
i saw that.. i think he was racing nick when that happen....
If that z28 was running just a ms4 that explains why it's so slow. That cam needs to breathe and no way a stock intake car would allow that
man my brother said that.. lol i need to find out the specs for sure..
Originally Posted by diablo-Z
nick has no tires....adolf is running ****** good with just bolt ons n spray
i guess it depends on traction... my 60ft was 2.24 on .6 reaction
Old 07-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Teching In

If this constitutes bad work that should result in bashing on a public forum then I'd have to say all shops are equally at fault. I'm sure you are beyond flaw but I wouldn't go as far as to say Lethal doesn't do good work. I've had my cobra and 3 vettes tuned by them over the course of the last 10 years amongst a lot of other work without a single issue. I think it's rather unfair to bash another shop, which is someone else's livelihood, on a public forum. That's very immature and so uncalled for.

BTW- Lethal has some of the fastest street cars San Antonio has EVER seen. Many mid 9 sec street cars, TRUE street cars. Out of curiosity, what have you built?

-Cheers,
MC
Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Ok....First of all I'm not "bashing" the shop. I'm simply pointing out the fact that one of the most important things about putting a rear end in a car was completely overlooked. The car in question was dropped off in October of last year to have an engine, trans, wiring harness, rearend, and full suspension done on it with a VERY large cash deposit and it just got finished 2 weeks ago. Since that time the exhaust has already fallen off of it, a few other odd's and ends of not finishing work have popped up, and now this.

No, I'm not perfect either, but when you spend that kind of cash at a place and they take that long to do it while other cars come in and out of there long before yours is even touched, I would tend to get a bit upset as the owner should. I'm just a 3rd party observer here. I simply pointed out fact and added that it wouldn't be considered "good" to send a car out with a loose and un-set torque arm.

I've built plenty of cars in my day that range from full on race cars to street cruisers.

I'm very glad you have had good luck with them in the past. That's not what was in question here. Neither is the fact that they build fast cars. Quality of work slips at times, people are human and make mistakes but a lot of this car was slapped together and it dosen't reflect the price he paid.

Next time you wish to smart off behind your computer screen, please read the original post that made you so mad and try to take the words written at value and don't read into them as if they were spouted out with any kind of attitude.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Alex41;15139091]Quality of work slips at times, people are human and make mistakes
/QUOTE]

Case and point. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Who is going to the San Antonio *meet*??