"Tricplate" Anyone heard of this thing? We all need this..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol @ where thread is going

my .02 cents are- in Texas it is illegal to have ANY cover over the plate (as posted by someone way earlier in the thread) AND everyone knows how the police like to bully you fbody owners around about your front license plate lol so of course they will pick out something like that

and I wouldn't do duct tape, how about painters tape?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ

my .02 cents are- in Texas it is illegal to have ANY cover over the plate (as posted by someone way earlier in the thread) AND everyone knows how the police like to bully you fbody owners around about your front license plate lol so of course they will pick out something out like that

and I wouldn't do duct tape, how about painters tape?
LOL - You know my wife said the same thing about painters tape after I suggested duct tape - DOOH!!! Didn't even think of it.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAVE00
LOL - You know my wife said the same thing about painters tape after I suggested duct tape - DOOH!!! Didn't even think of it.
well, I've seen people use it before to prevent road rash on expensive cars. If people will put it on $50,000+ cars it couldn't hurt your license plate lol

Old 06-24-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rabiddog
I am not defending anything.

First thing its not the fact that its yellow. Its a combination of being a Mustang, convertable, and yellow. Its a triple wammy!!! The only thing to make it more gay is to put a tricplate on it!! (trying to stay on topic here)

I am just jacking around trying to make the day go bye. You are the one that has the sad life of needing to buy a car to pick up chicks. How well is that working out for you??? I know for a fact it hasn't been working out well as it sits on blocks in front of your house.
LOL, I'm just making the time go by as I pack (moving my chick and I into my new place). I'll be sure to trade my car in as soon as she says yes. Maybe then I'll get another Z06, but I doubt it seing I got the Cobra over the vette. Just could never own a Camaro, like I said having dudes run up to my window at every light just isn't my thing.

Maybe this tricplate will be good for you though, that way you wont have 10 dudes tracking you down after the next car meet wanting a 'ride'.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by _Zac
LOL, I'm just making the time go by as I pack (moving my chick and I into my new place). I'll be sure to trade my car in as soon as she says yes. Maybe then I'll get another Z06, but I doubt it seing I got the Cobra over the vette. Just could never own a Camaro, like I said having dudes run up to my window at every light just isn't my thing.

Maybe this tricplate will be good for you though, that way you wont have 10 dudes tracking you down after the next car meet wanting a 'ride'.
Well as soon as your ready to sell it I am sure either a chick or a flamer will be there quick to pick it up!! Had plans for a Vette myself but had to have a back seat to haul my kids around. (yeah and I guess all the dudes too) Good luck with the chick she is probably going to be pretty confused when she finds out her roomate is actually straight and likes her.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Launching!

lol @ this thread it made me cry laughing. cobras are sick mustangs......i agree wit rabiddog on not wanting to get yellow but to each their own. if it were me id get a black one or my fave, sonic blue.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by rabiddog
Good luck with the chick she is probably going to be pretty confused when she finds out her roomate is actually straight and likes her.
Sounds like you're speaking from experience, and I'm sure that was a rough transition for you and her.. Lucky for me my S/O isn't scared of the color yellow, or cars much faster than the run of the mil f-bod, so there has never been any problem with me owning the mustang.

Of course it also helps that unlike you I don't bring any 6'5" dudes home in thongs. That may have been why she had always seen you as some what more of a 'friend'. Who's to say?

I guess what it comes down to is I'm manly enough to not be terrified of the color yellow. Maybe because it doen't set off any raging homosexual urges in me. If it did I'd probably be typing the same rebutle as you right now.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
It's just the internet.. I don't take any of it serious, and I'm sure he doesn't either. Besides, we all know it isn't about Cobras or 4th gens. It's all about the third gen.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _Zac
It's just the internet.. I don't take any of it serious, and I'm sure he doesn't either. Besides, we all know it isn't about Cobras or 4th gens. It's all about the third gen.
no biggie, I'm not an off-topic ****, I just thought it was funny how out of nowhere that argument arose lol
Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Lucky for me my S/O isn't scared of the color yellow
Seems that you are using the S/O and trying to hide that you are yet again talking about your boyfriend.

cars much faster than the run of the mil f-bod
Not to worried about your banana hammock car.

I don't bring any 6'5" dudes home in thongs
I like how you looked at that picture long enough to justify a height.

Maybe because it doen't set off any raging homosexual urges in me.
Maybe that is because you cant flame on anymore than you already do.

should be typing the same rebutle as you right now.
Yeah I know.

Dont hate just because you were nominated for prom queen and didn't win.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jb7241986
lol @ this thread it made me cry laughing. cobras are sick mustangs......i agree wit rabiddog on not wanting to get yellow but to each their own. if it were me id get a black one or my fave, sonic blue.
Yes it would be a nice car if it were painted another color and someone didn't get so defensive over the stereotype.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Pimp

I love my car and the paint color. You don't see this exact car anywhere. (I've only seen one in the 6 years I've had it.)

I've found that most people who hate something simply can't afford to have one. So they buy the cheaper version and then say, "well it's just as nice".

I know because I hate third gens, and lambos. LOL!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

You know a yellow convertable turd gen would have you beat.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

I a yellow convertable turd gen and its flamin more than your car for sure!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Pimp

If by flamin you mean ballin then yes it is flamin..
Old 06-25-2010, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

if you think a ballin car is one that is actually on fire then yeah I guess so
Old 06-25-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Wow..so many yellow haters..I have a yellow Dodge Ram, yellow car hauler, yellow Honda atv, and a yellow Gixxer...
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Pimp

I have a yellow bmx bike...

I'm not that into yellow, and every car I've ever owned has been a different color.