how to fight amplified noise ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ross can you read? the cobalt has a stock system... STOCK... and my bass was set to 0
Old 07-06-2010, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
was in my 08 cobalt SS.. had the radio probably 85% up (can barely hear the bitch unless its 50-60%) and i had the bass way below half anyways cop gave me a ticket for amplified noise said I was taunting him because he was sitting somewhere close

oh and stock deck/speakers
Open your cutout & he won't hear the stereo!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
It's still inconsiderate and dumb because I'm sure other people use that road who don't want to hear your stupid *** bass.
What he said.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vexzer
Open your cutout & he won't hear the stereo!
on a cobalt? lol
Old 07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

ross can you read? the cobalt has a stock system... STOCK... and my bass was set to 0
Well, that's even gayer.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by old_goat
What he said.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

^^^ HA thats a good one!!!

You dont have to have base to get a amplified noise ticket. Maybe you should have turned down the volume or listened to something better than Celine Dion.

Be smart if you have it turned up so you can hear it while driving with the wind noise when the wind noise dissapears aka you stop at a red light. Turn your tunes down. If he could hear it from a parking lot you desirve the ticket.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/Salsaverde88/NutSwinger.jpg

Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol this thread is going to turn epic...

I was not driving!! the cop was going to pull in either way to tell us to leave because that is what they do here.. they tell us to leave the parking lots.. he pulled up 5 feet away from my car then asked for my ID..

and it probably didnt help someone on a crotch rocket had just run by him going 100 doing a wheelie when the cop was turning off the main street thats the reason he came back in the first place but the biker never came back..

so?? please tell me where am i in the wrong besides sitting in the parking lot maybe?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

OMG! my stomach hurts from laughing. Funny ****.

Originally Posted by aggiez28
that reminds me of an issue i had a few months ago. i pull up to a light and there is a 4 door car next to me with neons under the car and music playing rather loud. all windows were down and he had Tvs in the headrests of the seats. he was the only one in the car and he had **** playing. it was about dinner time too. I was glad i didnt have my kids in the car.

I made sure to get his plates and called the local police abotu it. he wouldnt get in much trouble for it but he deserved any he got.

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I would fight it. Make the cop show up at court and waist his day for a bs ticket. It isn't going to go on your record so why just give them money with out a fight. Set it up for a Jury trial too. They hate that because they might lose. I would never just hand over money for a ticket that isn't going on my record. And if the cop doesn't show up it gets dismissed and you don't have to pay anything.
You normally set this for "trial" if you believe you can garner sympathy from the Jury/Judge. If your on PB, the DA is going to make you look like a Punk Bitch then try and show you are wasting tax payers money, dragging people out of work JUST to fight such a lame *** ticket. I believe when this all said and done YOU WILL pay more that just paying the ticket.

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
lol good luck, you'll kick yourself in the *** later when you end up paying more than the fine was worth. Ticket amount + court fees + time off work to go to court = not worth it to me. I usually blast my radio, if I get a ticket one day when it's not as loud as it usually is, I still pay it. Of course everytime I get pulled over for loud music, I have gotten warnings. So if the cop decided to go through the trouble to write you up for that, than chances are you're not going to win.

Originally Posted by superfish711
All y'all bitching about loud music don't understand its on the main strip in town its a six lane road that people cruz up and down till at least 12am it not like its a residential neighborhood. Most of the cops here are just a bunch of chicken **** wanna be bad asses looking for a easy ticket instead of messing with real criminals.
Uh huh. Sounds like you got it ALL figured out.

I bet MOST of THOSE cops are retired Military- who fought for the right for you to run your mouth off like that. You should be showing some respect.

You could be put in a cell with Bog Bone Tyrone and get that *** jammed!

Just saying- Cops don't just pick on anyone, they defuse possible threats before it gets worse. Show respect/Get respect. NO ONE GIVES RESPECT. you earn it.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Old 07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

lol this thread is going to turn epic...

I was not driving!! the cop was going to pull in either way to tell us to leave because that is what they do here.. they tell us to leave the parking lots.. he pulled up 5 feet away from my car then asked for my ID..

and it probably didnt help someone on a crotch rocket had just run by him going 100 doing a wheelie when the cop was turning off the main street thats the reason he came back in the first place but the biker never came back..

so?? please tell me where am i in the wrong besides sitting in the parking lot maybe?
Sounds like "you were in the wrong place at the wrong time" situation.
He could have been making an example out of you so everyone would leave.

He could just not show up to court- Possibly wrote the ticket intending NOT to show up to court- he just want you all to go somewhere else. Maybe he needed you guys out of there so he could go home to spend time with his children before they went to bed.

Maybe he had been working all weekend because the night scene had been overwhelming all weekend and all the "Young adults" where out tearing **** up.

There could be all sorts of reasons, Just consider the other side. Maybe if you had been "the other guy who didn't get a ticket" you wouldn't be complaining.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im with Jimmy....should'a popped him. haha!

I still don't see the need for a cop to be a dick and "make and example out of anyone". I think that's bull ****, and if the cop was having a bad day then maybe he should have stayed home. That's what pisses me off about most cops around here. I will say I've met some cool cops tho, but I guess you will always have those that have a swollen head because of the badge. Owell, good luck.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned

Learn from this man:

You aint gotta put up with that **** in Waco.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by texas heat
learn from this man:

you aint gotta put up with that **** in waco.
lmao!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
Learn from this man:

You aint gotta put up with that **** in Waco.
You gaw-dam right! haha!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ELDIABLO
Im with Jimmy....should'a popped him. haha!

I still don't see the need for a cop to be a dick and "make and example out of anyone". I think that's bull ****, and if the cop was having a bad day then maybe he should have stayed home. That's what pisses me off about most cops around here. I will say I've met some cool cops tho, but I guess you will always have those that have a swollen head because of the badge. Owell, good luck.
I still dont see the need for people to sit around in a parking lot and listen to music in a cobalt at 85% volume. Maybe next time the whole group will get loitering tickets. I have ran into many cops and normally being polite admitting that yeah it might be a little to loud will get you off a ticket. Either he was having a bad day or you annoyed him to get the ticket. Like I said earlier he might not of appreciated the Backstreet Boys music blaring through the parking lot.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rabiddog
I still dont see the need for people to sit around in a parking lot and listen to music in a cobalt at 85% volume. Maybe next time the whole group will get loitering tickets. I have ran into many cops and normally being polite admitting that yeah it might be a little to loud will get you off a ticket. Either he was having a bad day or you annoyed him to get the ticket. Like I said earlier he might not of appreciated the Backstreet Boys music blaring through the parking lot.
Good point. It would be like texas heat sitting solo in a parking lot playing with himself while looking at a Ricky Martin fanbook. It's something that one should just use some common sense to avoid a problem.

Last edited by old_goat; 07-07-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackfly

I bet MOST of THOSE cops are retired Military- who fought for the right for you to run your mouth off like that. You should be showing some respect.

You could be put in a cell with Bog Bone Tyrone and get that *** jammed!

Just saying- Cops don't just pick on anyone, they defuse possible threats before it gets worse. Show respect/Get respect. NO ONE GIVES RESPECT. you earn it.
You know what you ****** smart *** i have friends in the military and most have went across to fight i have the up most respect for them so you sir can go **** yourself. For you to make a dumb *** comment shows your stupidity. And they dont defuse **** a few weeks back we were in a parking lot at a gtg we have every week some guy came driving threw the lot yelling gang **** and pointing a gun at us. There were little kids were he was pointing it so people call the cops they acted like they didn't give a ****. Turns out he shot some guy across town came by waving the gun at us then shot at the guy on his way home from the ER. Then a week later the same guy pulled up to a red light and shot at a car 8 or 9 times the guy in the car got shot like 5 times. But your right they should keep on bustin those big time crimes if we can just stop the the loud music and the bass we could achieve world peace..
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by old_goat
Good point. It would be like texas heat sitting solo in a parking lot playing with himself while looking at a Ricky Martin fanbook. It's something that one should just use some common sense to avoid a problem.

Quick Reply: how to fight amplified noise ticket?