Old 07-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is ******* hilarious
Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Village Idiot

Me thinks -

Carwin gets Lesnar in the rematch... That fight could have easily been stopped in the 1st when Lesnar went fetal.. Brock caught a break..

Also Cain Velasquez takes out Lesnar if they ever fight. Cain has 10x the cardio of Lesnar, can wrestle his *** off, and his standup is way better then Lesnar's.. Lesnar's size and weight is the only advantage he will have in that fight..

Polish that title, sleep with it, kiss it Lesnar because you ain't gonna have it long. I think Lesnars standup got worse since the Randy fight..
Old 07-04-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
Finally someone with some sense. lemons needs to get off lesnars nuts. He has only been winning because Dana white gave him an easy path to the belt. This was his first even match up and he was not impressive at all. His first fight was way uneven against a 2-6 fighter. Then he loses to Frank mir. Then he fights Heith herring and wins by decision from riding his back and just controlling him. Then He gets a title shot? against a guy 60lbs lighter and 15 years older. He wasnt impressive in that fight. Then he fights Frank Mir again and is getting his *** kicked at striking until he manages to get him on the ground and ride his back punching him.

Shane Carwins record speaks for itself. He lost but just as St. Pierre lost to Matt Serra, St. Pierre was still the better fighter and proved it in the 2nd fight.
I'm not on Lesnars nuts. How can you not call him the better fighter? Carwin was done 3 minutes into the first round, period. Conditioning is part of fight, just like striking, grappling, submissions etc etc etc. And it is even more important than any of those. Carwins conditioning is a joke at best. His average fight is 1:08. So basically is he can't knock his opponent out within the first round, he is done. I knew that before the fight began.
You are right, this was his first EVEN match up, and he won. Impressive or not is irrelevant. He won.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
I'm not on Lesnars nuts. How can you not call him the better fighter? Carwin was done 3 minutes into the first round, period. Conditioning is part of fight, just like striking, grappling, submissions etc etc etc. And it is even more important than any of those. Carwins conditioning is a joke at best. His average fight is 1:08. So basically is he can't knock his opponent out within the first round, he is done. I knew that before the fight began.
You are right, this was his first EVEN match up, and he won. Impressive or not is irrelevant. He won.
This is all true as much as I hate to admit it. When he smiled back at Carwin, I knew something was up.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
This is all true as much as I hate to admit it. When he smiled back at Carwin, I knew something was up.
Yea.. You could tell the outcome of that as soon as it went to the mat. He was so gassed it was pathetic.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

guys like it or not lesnar won. which makes him the better fighter for that bout. i know everybody is screaming rematch etc etc, but what's to say it wont happen again? lesnar came out of the corner in the 2nd round with a strategy, he then employed it and won. lesnar is the better fighter. for now. and stop crying about a rematch because the truth is you wont know the outcome of a rematch until after the rematch has been fought. you guys aren't mrs. cleo.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just watched it again.. Lesnar "ran" (covered up) from him while rocked, which MANY fighters do ALL the time. Why is he any different? After he got rocked that 1 time, he was never in any more trouble. Every time I said, "they will probably stop it if he hits him again" Lesnar would throw a punch or two and then start protecting himself again.
Carwin is an idiot. With around 2:30 left in the 1st round he stood up from Lesnar, Lesnar kicked him and Carwin came back on top. Lesnar knew what he was doing and it worked.
2nd round.. Carwin was a complete joke. Lesnar got in full like it was nothing and could have VERY easily beat the hell out of Carwin and got the W.. But Carwin gave him the choke, why wouldn't he take it?

Lesnar won that fight and honestly pretty easily. Got rocked 1 time and recovered VERY quick. Carwin only landed 2-3 punches. He should have been able to finish Lesnar, for whatever reason (whether Lesnar has a rock in his jaw or Carwin isn't capable of doing that to someone his size).

I find it funny that people say, "well lesnar has never fought someone his size, look how terrible he did".. HE WON!! People aren't talking about how Carwin faced his first even opponent and couldn't do his normal less than 2 minute knock out.. Carwin showed his MAJOR MAJOR weakness. Lesnar showed what we already knew, his stand up isn't as good as it should be. He did show that he could take an *** beating as good, if not better, than he can give it. And that he is a very smart fighter.

I am not nut swinging.. That is how I view it.

Last edited by lemons12; 07-04-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

^thank you.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Pimp

Dude, seriously is he your hero? Do you sleep with his likeness next to you every night?

Lay off the dudes nuts man. lol
Old 07-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Teching In

is everyone saying it should have been stopd u know it was a title fight right ??? refs give more time to the fighters to defend themselves because of this
Old 07-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

Im just laughing at everyone saying Carwin is the better fighter.

Now I am no Lesner fan at all, I hate the *****. But the fact remains that Lesner took everything Carwin could hit him with, went to his corner, caught his breath and came back to retain his championship. Carwin on the otherhand went to his corner, couldnt catch his breath, came out in the second round looking like **** and got tapped out.

Looks to me like Lesner is actually the better fighter, considering MMA fights last longer than 2:00 like Carwin is used to.....
Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Launching!

well so much for carwin......brock aint the best by any means but he can take a beating and still stand thats fo sure. most of y'all counted your chickens before they hatched. now you learn lol.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _Zac
Dude, seriously is he your hero? Do you sleep with his likeness next to you every night?

Lay off the dudes nuts man. lol
**** yeah dude. you can't tell me your aren't a LITTLE gay for brock lesnar. i mean it's like you could stop him if he wanted that...
Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Launching!

Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But it's easy to say Brock won so he's better. Better at what? Wrestling? No. Striking? Hell no. Conditioning? Maybe. He didnt have to expend any energy while he was a human punching bag. I find it funny when you say Lesnar won easily. The first round was as one sided as it gets. And a lot of fights have been called for less of a beating. Also how did you know that before the fight anything about Carwin's conditioning? He hasnt had a fight go long enough for anyone to know what his conditioning was like. That's like Brock saying it in his post fight interview. Like he planned that **** or something. I can hear it now "Yeah as you can see my plan worked perfectly. I let him punch and elbow the **** out of me for 2/3's of the first round, that way he gets good and tired. Then I'll use my highly skilled bjj to tap him out." He was trying to get out of that fight as fast as possible to make sure Carwin didnt catch his breath and beat the hell out of him again. I don't like him, he talks too much ****, he's not humble, he always does some stupid showboating crap when he wins. Carwin gave him a beat down. Sorry but running and dropping to the ground isnt something the great fighters do. You ever seen Fedor do that? What about GSP? Anderson Silva? Nope. And there are plenty of fighters who win against someone they will lose 9 out of 10 times to. Too bad ufc doesnt have old school Pride rules would have been funny to see carwin smash his knee into Lesnars face. Probably going to take a knee to the head or a kick to knock Lesnar out. I'll be happy when his belt gets taken away.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

This fight reminded me of most of Matt Hughes fights but with an entirely different fan reaction.... How many times has Hughes gotten his *** handed to him for an entire fight only to come back and win at the last second..... People would suck his nuts for days and talk about how awesome he is/was.... Brock pretty much does the same thing and 1/2 world says he sucks and has no skills....

Last edited by gtorep; 07-05-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Grammar fairy
Old 07-05-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But it's easy to say Brock won so he's better. Better at what? Wrestling? No. Striking? Hell no. Conditioning? Maybe. He didnt have to expend any energy while he was a human punching bag. I find it funny when you say Lesnar won easily. The first round was as one sided as it gets. And a lot of fights have been called for less of a beating. Also how did you know that before the fight anything about Carwin's conditioning? He hasnt had a fight go long enough for anyone to know what his conditioning was like. That's like Brock saying it in his post fight interview. Like he planned that **** or something. I can hear it now "Yeah as you can see my plan worked perfectly. I let him punch and elbow the **** out of me for 2/3's of the first round, that way he gets good and tired. Then I'll use my highly skilled bjj to tap him out." He was trying to get out of that fight as fast as possible to make sure Carwin didnt catch his breath and beat the hell out of him again. I don't like him, he talks too much ****, he's not humble, he always does some stupid showboating crap when he wins. Carwin gave him a beat down. Sorry but running and dropping to the ground isnt something the great fighters do. You ever seen Fedor do that? What about GSP? Anderson Silva? Nope. And there are plenty of fighters who win against someone they will lose 9 out of 10 times to. Too bad ufc doesnt have old school Pride rules would have been funny to see carwin smash his knee into Lesnars face. Probably going to take a knee to the head or a kick to knock Lesnar out. I'll be happy when his belt gets taken away.
This post sucked.. It wasn't biased AT ALL, and it showed.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
This is what pissed me off the most. There are countless fights I have seen where that **** would have been called.
if it had not been a title fight it may have been called, but with as much hype and the belt on the line there is no reason to stop a fight, ref stoppage is to protect the fighter Brock was not a limp as Mir was against Carwin. Do I think Carwin can beat Brock of course, will he do it every time HELL NO. People hate on Brock cause he he is cocky and came up quick but that is the what makes the UFC better than Boxing the fighters are under contract and you don't have to wait years for an agreement for to get guys in the ring.

The more people hate Brock the more money he will make
Old 07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, this sounds like the national championship game.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
This post sucked.. It wasn't biased AT ALL, and it showed.
that's funny because all your posts make it look like you wish you could cup Lesnar's *****.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

that's funny because all your posts make it look like you wish you could cup Lesnar's *****.
Please, point it out for me.
I have tried to be unbiased as I can. Hell even someone that was "anti Lesnar" went back and looked at the fight and somewhat changed his mind about it.

I don't think you can get to much more biased than your post.

Quick Reply: UFC tonight.. Who's got Who?