UFC tonight.. Who's got Who?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo........................?

what are we talkin bout again?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anywhere that I can watch a replay?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by work in progress
anywhere that I can watch a replay?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...-116-a-15.html

3-4 pages back someone posted a link up.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-05-2010, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

After seeing the replay I have to say Lesnar is a very tough man, and after the 1st round he handled Carwin with ease.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

/ thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CRAGER

Just saying.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
/ thread

I was looking for that but couldn't find it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

...should I close this thread now? lol

~ Craig
Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vicarofhell
if it had not been a title fight it may have been called, but with as much hype and the belt on the line there is no reason to stop a fight, ref stoppage is to protect the fighter Brock was not a limp as Mir was against Carwin. Do I think Carwin can beat Brock of course, will he do it every time HELL NO. People hate on Brock cause he he is cocky and came up quick but that is the what makes the UFC better than Boxing the fighters are under contract and you don't have to wait years for an agreement for to get guys in the ring.

The more people hate Brock the more money he will make
I don't hate Brock by any means, I was actually wanting him to win until I started watching Carwin footage, studying his style, etc. It was an easy decision seeing the caliber fighters he has ran through that he is a better fighter than Lesnar. He just got gassed, thats it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CRAGER

...should I close this thread now? lol

~ Craig
I laughed pretty hard...
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ahahaHAHAHAHA.

carwin lost.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
I don't hate Brock by any means, I was actually wanting him to win until I started watching Carwin footage, studying his style, etc. It was an easy decision seeing the caliber fighters he has ran through that he is a better fighter than Lesnar. He just got gassed, thats it.
My point exactly. You(lemons) are nutswinging when you can completely dismiss the beatdown that was the first round, and say he won easily. Yeah he won after Carwin completely exhausted himself from the beating he gave lesnar all throughout the first round. Any fighter can wear themselves out from throwing too many punches. I mean do you need lasik or something. Lesnar ran fell on the ground, not knocked to the ground he dropped and curled up in a ball. Supposed to be a fight, not run away, fall, curl up in a ball, and let the other guy beat me up so he can get tired, thing. That's what cowards do, and made me like him that much less. And don't bring up BJJ guys because that is what they are good at, Lesnar is no black belt so dont try and bring up any stupid **** like that. And the first round showed that a Carwin who paces himself a little better or does some conditioning work will take that belt with ease. Brock has a long way to go in the skill department. He didnt win because he is awesome at BJJ. The only reason why he won was because Carwin got gassed. If you can't see that then there is no point in arguing with you because you are blinded by some wwe fanboy crush you have on him.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Launching!

And anyone who wants to watch the whole fight go to www.mmalinker.com you can pretty much find any fight you want.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lesnar will never be the stand up fighter that Carwin is, and nobody can expect that. He is based in free style wrestling which is what he has done his whole life. No, not with the WWE, but the guy won the NCAA Heavyweight wrestling national title when he was at Minnesota. He was 106-5 in his 4 years of wrestling at a collegiate level. That is insane to anyone who has any history in amatuer wrestling.

I have been training in Mui Tai for the past 6 years and 3 guys whom I train with (one is Kamal Shalorus) all have a huge history in freestyle wrestling. They always talk about how Lesnar is alot tougher than people think, and they respect him because of his history in freestyle wrestling.

Back to the fight, Shane Carwin easily won the first round to the fact that I thought I was already 50 bucks richer. I thought Lesnar had bought off more than he could chew with this one, but strategy paid off. Dance around, survive a punishment, and then use Ogre strength to pin a gassed fighter. He knew Cawrin was going to try and take him down in the first round, he even said that in the interview after the fight. You may say Shane is a better fighter which he clearly is (stand up), but Lesnar is highly underrated when it comes to the ground game, he has done that competitively his whole life. A rematch would be great, but hopefully this time Carwin won't expect to knock out Lesnar in the first round.

I am in no way a Lesnar fan, hence why I bet against him, but I can at least respect his win and his strategy (all though it lead to him curling up in the corner). Hell maybe they should have Lesnar fight Bobby Lashley and call it Smackdown. Give them mic's in the begginning and have them talk **** before the fight.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Launching!

actually your opinion sounds pretty unbiased. I am aware of Brock's college wrestling record, but Carwin was also a collegiate champion, and stuffed Brocks take down attempts except the first one which he used the whizzer(don't know how to spell it) and immediately got back up. And of course the second round when he was too tired to defend. I still don't see running, falling to the ground and curling up in a ball as a strategy. It was like when Fedor was hitting Tim sylvia and he just dropped to the ground to avoid the onslaught of punches then he got submitted in like 38 seconds. When Frank Mir won the first fight no one said Mir did great, everyone said he got lucky they didnt call the fight when he was getting pounded on and managed to pull out a victory. That's what Brock did. To me he got lucky they didnt stop the fight when he was curled up trying to cover his face and getting repeatedly hit in the face. Fights usually get called when a fighter runs away and gets pummeled. They couldve let Frank mir take a lot more punches to the face too and he may have pulled out a win some kind of way, but it usually doesnt go that way. And Frank Mir was outstriking Lesnar with ease. I'm only disputing lemons acting like lesnar kicked Carwin's *** which was the exact opposite of what happened.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
/ thread

Someone make this avatar sized for me and make it say,"Right here bitch" at the bottom, just for Zac.

Hahhahahhahaa.

**** Carwin, he has not even fought any real opponents besides 3 maybe. Gonzaga was working his *** standing with him and got lucky, now he is proven he is not as bad *** as everyone thought. Shoulda seen the guys at the table across from me, i jumped up after carwin tapped, threw double birds and was talking ****, they woulde even look at me, they all got up and waqlked out and looked like bitches.

Most Carwin fans dont even know his fight history, they just assume that being 12 and 0 means he has fought the best....

WRONG.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

No way in hell anyone is getting out of that traingle.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Pimp

I know one thing, carwin still hasn't fought the best. Lesner is a chump in the world of mma. Carwin lost and that's a FACT, but he did it after beating that *** so bad he almost fell asleep in the second round just in time for brock to fall on him for the win.

Call me crazy, but I like fighters that can finish a fight. Laying on your opponent should cost you a point for being gay.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Pimp

BTW I was never a carwin fan, but after watching that fight you would have to be a fool to think brock is the better all around fighter. Hell Mir is better than brock, he just got laid on like everyone else. lol

Quick Reply: UFC tonight.. Who's got Who?