Thursday night **Racing Videos**

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White_lightning
what am i sand bagging? easy for you to say.. you run 9s.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by D1StrokerC5
You just need to take advantage of that 8-rib setup and up the boost! I'm running 12psi on 6-rib.
Or he could buy your d1 and donate his p1 to another fellow ss in need of some ***** lol.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

are you going to follow me to every forum and post about how my car is not slow but ubber fast?? this coming from the guy who 12" of sig with every mod and track time in their sig....

how about.. you worry less about how fast or slow my car is... it's getting OLD.
i just happened to read kirks thread and you were in it, so i replied. i don't follow you. still my friend Jew Unit? lol
i am proud of my car and like to share what's done to it in my sig in case people have questions about it. very simple.

what am i sand bagging? easy for you to say.. you run 9s.
i can't and won't sandbag. all my **** is posted up and open to the public.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

9.74 @ 14?.?? on the juice
Old 07-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
9.74 @ 14?.?? on the juice
don't know what my mph is on the juice since that is the only pass i have made at the track on the juice. the track didn't post the mph on my slip or the timing board. same thing happened to the camaro in the lane next to me. watch the video and you will see. so that is why i say 14?.?? b/c i think it was 142-144 based on my gearing and my rpms through the beams. so not sandbagging if that is what you were implying. here is the slip

Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard today that your car is on a lease lol cammedc6?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
I heard today that your car is on a lease lol cammedc6?
yea it is till nov. i didn't expect that i was going to like the car and was going to go back to a non sports car. figured i would turn it in after 3 years. instead i'm going to refi it in nov. when i did the cam and exhaust, i was hooked. i have put too much time and money in it to give it back. lol. damn my money pit.

Last edited by cammedc6; 07-26-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cammedc6
don't know what my mph is on the juice since that is the only pass i have made at the track on the juice. the track didn't post the mph on my slip or the timing board. same thing happened to the camaro in the lane next to me. watch the video and you will see. so that is why i say 14?.?? b/c i think it was 142-144 based on my gearing and my rpms through the beams. so not sandbagging if that is what you were implying. here is the slip

What do you have done to it to get it to hook like that off the line?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

What do you have done to it to get it to hook like that off the line?
Stock suspension. Raised the rear at the track to fit the 28" tall tire or else it would rub. Then I have the RPS clutch. All that's done to it. Waiting on LG to make some 15" spindles so I can fit a 15" wheel on be rear and get more sidewall. If you look at the video I actually spin off the line which is good. Rather it spin a little than dead hook and break stuff.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

yea it is till nov. i didn't expect that i was going to like the car and was going to go back to a non sports car. figured i would turn it in after 3 years. instead i'm going to refi it in nov. when i did the cam and exhaust, i was hooked. i have put too much time and money in it to give it back. lol. damn my money pit.
Haha I hear yeah. Just when I heard that you spry the **** out of it I was like damn sucks for who ever buys that after your lease is up but glad to see you sticking with it even if it's a LS2 and not LS3 there still badass.

Just FYI my buddy was leasing a Cobra a while back and blew the motor but had the warranty. So we took off the nitrous kit and everything in 1 day and took it to Ford to get it all fixed. Well 2 days later and my buddy gets a call and its the main service rep and he tells him we wont fix your car under warranty, because we saw your You tube videos of you street racing and at the track spraying the **** out of it.

Just giving you a heads up so you know how crazy it is they find this stuff out.

Last edited by NoTractionLS1; 07-26-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Stock suspension. Raised the rear at the track to fit the 28" tall tire or else it would rub. Then I have the RPS clutch. All that's done to it. Waiting on LG to make some 15" spindles so I can fit a 15" wheel on be rear and get more sidewall. If you look at the video I actually spin off the line which is good. Rather it spin a little than dead hook and break stuff.
Are those Quick Time Pros you're running at the track? I am wondering if I just need to bite the bullet and buy a set of bigs and littles with some bias plies to get mine to hook. Mine is stock suspension with Ram twin disc and RPM Stage III diff and shafts. It's got 315/30-18 BFG DRs on it and they don't hook at all in 1st.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Are those Quick Time Pros you're running at the track? I am wondering if I just need to bite the bullet and buy a set of bigs and littles with some bias plies to get mine to hook. Mine is stock suspension with Ram twin disc and RPM Stage III diff and shafts. It's got 315/30-18 BFG DRs on it and they don't hook at all in 1st.
They are Hoosier Slicks. I didn't find them under QTP. I tried drag radials and could never hook. So I went with slicks bc I figured I could hook better and would absorb more shock in my M6. Plus my bias ply setup is lighter than my radial setup of course. Helped saved some rotational mass weight. Our clutches are real similar and I have he same RPM rear. I broke a stock C6 halfshaft and upgraded to the C5Z halfshafts and so far they have held up.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW You guys all have some nice looking and modded vettes... I want one
Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

I think the dodge colt was out a DR this last friday.....pretty quick car esp from a roll.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Teching In

They are Hoosier Slicks. I didn't find them under QTP. I tried drag radials and could never hook. So I went with slicks bc I figured I could hook better and would absorb more shock in my M6. Plus my bias ply setup is lighter than my radial setup of course. Helped saved some rotational mass weight. Our clutches are real similar and I have he same RPM rear. I broke a stock C6 halfshaft and upgraded to the C5Z halfshafts and so far they have held up.
Yeah, I was hoping to get it to launch on DRs but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I've had good luck with M/T ET Street radials on Mustangs but I didn't know if it was worth switching from the BFGs to those next on the Vette.
I was wanting to avoid having to have 2 sets of wheels and tires for it - I already have a street set and CCW drag pack for my Mustang. The wife might think I'm crazy if I have 4 sets of wheels and tires for 2 cars that I hardly ever drive.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Haha I hear yeah. Just when I heard that you spry the **** out of it I was like damn sucks for who ever buys that after your lease is up but glad to see you sticking with it even if it's a LS2 and not LS3 there still badass.

Just FYI my buddy was leasing a Cobra a while back and blew the motor but had the warranty. So we took off the nitrous kit and everything in 1 day and took it to Ford to get it all fixed. Well 2 days later and my buddy gets a call and its the main service rep and he tells him we wont fix your car under warranty, because we saw your You tube videos of you street racing and at the track spraying the **** out of it.

Just giving you a heads up so you know how crazy it is they find this stuff out.

Np. It's cool. Ive only sprayed it once at the track. None on the street. Only 6-8 times on dyno for tuning. My warranty is long gone. Haha. Whatever happens to this car will come out of pocket. Damn Corvette Tax.