Lone Star Chevrolet - Customer Service 2011 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard of several other issues with Lone Star Chevrolet over the past couple of years and have avoided that dealership for everything including purchasing parts. I am not going to give a dealership that treats customers this bad any of my business. It appears Lone Star Chevrolet is still up to the same games to screw their customers.

They are just killing their own business.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not the author of that post, but I will pass this on to him

James

I have looked at the link you sent me today.
It says that someone will fix for $295
I am willing to cut you a check to handle that today.
Please call me to discuss,

Joe Healy

Internet Director
www.LoneStarChevrolet.com
Best Number 281-517-7041
Next Best Number 832-275-9668

-----Original Message-----
From: Cockerham, James William, Jr. [mailto:khaos288@neo.tamu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:01 AM
To: Healy, Joseph
Subject: Re: Greetings from Lone Star Chevrolet

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...camaro-ss.html

try that link. These are people I would regularly take advice from and know personally.

----- Original Message -----
To: khaos288@neo.tamu.edu
Cc: "Joseph Healy" <Joe.Healy@lonestarchevrolet.com>
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2010 4:28:47 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Greetings from Lone Star Chevrolet

My name is Joe Healy and I am the Internet Director at Lone Star Chevrolet.

I want to Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I could not see what site you are referring to.

If you could send me a link to it..I would greatly appreciate it.

We are the Number 1 Chevy Dealer in Houston and in the Top 5 in the country and we are always looking for ways to get better!

I would like you to read just two testimonial pages. We have thousands more!

These are from “real” people who enjoy the outstanding customer service at Lone Star.

http://www.lonestarchevrolet.com/dea...stimonials.htm

http://www.lonestarchevrolet.com/video-testimonials.htm

Feel free to call me anytime to discuss.

Joe Healy

joe h

Internet Director

www.LoneStarChevrolet.com

Best Number 281-517-7041

Next Best Number 832-275-9668
random thread I started with them via email
Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Launching!

They just love ducking responsibility. I would expect that kind of response from them.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Blackfly. You spend a ton of money on a car and in the end, they call you a liar. This is unacceptable.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
They just love ducking responsibility. I would expect that kind of response from them.
I noticed that also, the internet must be down in the ls1 department.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Your Welcome
Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
I noticed that also, the internet must be down in the ls1 department.
Try the LS3 department. The LS1 department was discontinued, but we still pay them to show-up and call customers liars. And business is good!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Teching In

we bought a tbss from carmax 21k miles. I didnt notice white marks on all four wheels for about 2 weeks. They are small. They are not scratches and are under the clear coat. Call carmax back and see what they can do. They advise to take it to gm to try warranty work, BUT IF THAT DOESNT WORK bring it up here and we will fix it. This is how it should be. and this is a used vehicle. You bought a brand new car, and you are getting FUCKED.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Teching In

This situation sounds bad although I think it could have been avoided. You could have asked for them to completely dry it off, inspect exterior and interior, and this flaw would have shown. Its a major purchase. Just like a home, you do an extensive walkthrough. Once you take it off the lot, anything can happen to it. I remember seeing a 2011 Mustang on this forum that had Chevy symbols keyed into the paint. Once again, anything goes once you drive off.

Just being devil's advocate... but I Hope it get resolved quickly for you.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Quick
This situation sounds bad although I think it could have been avoided. You could have asked for them to completely dry it off, inspect exterior and interior, and this flaw would have shown. Its a major purchase. Just like a home, you do an extensive walkthrough. Once you take it off the lot, anything can happen to it. I remember seeing a 2011 Mustang on this forum that had Chevy symbols keyed into the paint. Once again, anything goes once you drive off.

Very true, but people think car dealers are still making hand over fist money when in truth the internet has made it almost impossible to earn lots of gross on a vehicle these days. Most dealers are selling at or below invoice on most units, alot are only able to turn a profit on the preowned side. Plus people think salemen make commisions like real estate agents but they only make money on the amount sold above invoice or they have to make do with a "mini"....at our dealership thats $100, now imagine selling barely enough to make above minimum wage and have to deal with customers who think your the devil and trying to steal thier 1st born........this is a profit driven business and not a charity
Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Quick

This doesn't always work. My dad tried this when he picked up his new Firebird in 98. It had just finished raining when he finished all the paperwork and the car was all spotted up. They told him it was still raining all over town and they weren't going to bother detailing it for him to go get it dirty. They told him if there was anything wrong just to bring it back and they would take care of it.

We weren't too happy, but what was he going to do? Pull a gun and force them to detail it so we could look for scratches?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
This doesn't always work. My dad tried this when he picked up his new Firebird in 98. It had just finished raining when he finished all the paperwork and the car was all spotted up. They told him it was still raining all over town and they weren't going to bother detailing it for him to go get it dirty. They told him if there was anything wrong just to bring it back and they would take care of it.

We weren't too happy, but what was he going to do? Pull a gun and force them to detail it so we could look for scratches?
I didn't suggest a detail, just said the dealership should dry it off for a inspection. Its the owners fault if they dont press the issue. It is a simple request for a vehicle that cost this much.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Hope all works in your favor dude. Goes with the saying-Dont buy a car at night either.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

I contacted LSC and provided, what I believe is reasonable compensation and now they are using the term BLACKMAIL.

The first action in any defense is to destroy ones credibility. (again I am being attacked)

I posted facts. What is considered reasonable compensation can be called whatever one wants to call it.

It is subjective.

I will build my webpage after my sons football practice this Saturday.

Last edited by Blackfly; 08-11-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfly
I contacted LSC and provided, what I believe is reasonable compensation and now they are using the term BLACKMAIL.

The first action in any defense is to destroy ones credibility. (again I am being attacked)

I posted facts. What is considered reasonable compensation can be called whatever one wants to call it.

It is subjective.

I will build my webpage after my sons football practice this Saturday. Unless this is resolved.
Unbelievable. I will definitely avoid that place.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

dealer just cut a check and count their loses. If u bought it new u may have a GM survey coming which dealers live and die by, i could imagine how that would be filled out now.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

So did the guy in the email not help?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackfly
I want to make her aware
Damn there is the problem.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

One of the stripe decals was installed crooked on my 2010 Camaro SS by Classic Chevrolet (Sugarland, TX). I pointed it out to them a week later. They replaced that decal, no questions asked.

THIS is how a dealership should treat a customer that just spent $35K on a toy with them.

Lonestar Chevrolet, tsk tsk. I'll help spread the word about how they treated you.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Launching!

lol sounds like my issue with champion chevrolet and my wifes HHR SS. no sooner than we drove it off the lot, the tire monitor light came on. we've taken it back 4 times and they say they fix it. as far as telling us they replaced the sensors. we drive off the lot and it comes right back on. now its out of warranty and there is nothing they can do without us paying. no wonder people are buying toyotas