Lone Star Chevrolet - Customer Service 2011 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lone Star Chevrolet - Customer Service 2011 Camaro SS

***cross post*** Camaro5.com---- I posted just the facts to avoid any legal issues. I ask you to take your business somewhere other than Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston,Tx.

EPIC FAIL!

I don't want to write a book so I will try to be concise.

Story:
I bought my 2011 SS June 22nd from Lone Star Chevrolet. For the next three weeks it seemed to rain every day (except the weekend of the 3rd). I washed my car for the first time on Saturday July 10th. I noticed a flaw in the paint and scratches on my rear deck stripe decal. That next week my plates came in, I showed my salesman the scratches on the rear deck and the paint flaw. The salesman said the paint flaw would be taken care of and he would discuss the issue with his manager- "bring it in and we will get you taken care of". That weekend I brought my car in on a Saturday and I spoke with my sales guy and reminded him of the issue with the stripe decal he told me his manager would not fix it but he would talk to the body shop to see if they could buff it out.

I picked my car up the next week on Tuesday. I was informed the bodyshop could do nothing and I would have to discuss the matter with the sales manager. I immediately asked to speak to the sales manager. The sales manager came out and said because it has been too long since I bought the car he would not correct my issue. I explained to him It had been raining since I bought the car and I notified my sales person Immediately after discovering the issues. I asked to speak to the next level of management as this (scratches to the decal) was done prior to buying the vehicle. I explained I only use microfiber to wash my car and I know not to use anything as abrasive as whatever was used to make "those" scratches. While the sales manager was explaining to his General sales manager the issue, he made the comment that there were no scratches at the top of the decal just near the bottom (spoiler area)

When the GM of sales finally came over, he looked at my car and the decal, I explained my issue again. I showed him what I use to clean and spot clean the car (i had a micro fiber towel/mitt and ICE detailer's spray). The GM of sales then began to rub my decal with his fingers and stated by just rubbing briskly "creating heat" with his fingers the "light surface scratches" came off and If I brought it in he would have his buffer guy fix it and if that didnt work he would look into getting it replaced "just bring it in we will get you taken care of" I asked If I had his word that he would take care of it and he said "yes, that should come out no problem. See, it comes out when you apply some pressure and heat while rubbing. If it does not come out to my satisfaction, I mean, OUR satisfaction I will see what we can do about replacing it, just don't let anyone touch it". While he was rubbing with his fingers his watch was scratching the decal even more...and worse - as in deep scratches, not "surface scratches". I stopped him and showed him what he was doing. He said he didn't do that, I said "yes sir you did, you did that with your watch" he said "no I didn't" (i didnt want to argue with him as he just said he would take care of it either by buffing or replacing it- choose your battles right?) I said "ok, your going to fix this right? I have your word? right? He said "Yes come back this Saturday in the morning we will get it fixed up for you".

So today is Saturday. I took it in. There is a big event going on and some Corporate GM people were there. The GM of sales comes over to me with his buff guy asks for my key's and to "wait here make yourself at home I will be right back". I watched him walk out to my car look at my stripes then came back to me and asked me to follow him. he said someone is messin' with you", "what?" I replied. we get to the car and he points to the scratches he did with his watch and said "someone is messin' with you!

Me: No sir. you did that with your watch when I brought this in to show you the scratches in the first place...remember? I even stopped you and showed you what you were doing. There were no scratches on the top portion of the decal, your manager pointed that out to you!

GM of Sales: No that is not true. Those scratches were not there when we looked at it a few days ago.

Me: Your right. when I brought the car in for you to look at you rubbed your fingers all over those areas and scratched the decals, I pointed that out to you.

GM of sales: You know what. I'm DONE with you. I'm not fixing it. I don't deal with LIARS!

^ that comment right there F@$*n' pissed me off- I went from 0-60 right there. F@$*ing call me a liar.

Me:Your calling me a liar. You f@$*ing scratched this up with your watch when you were rubbing the decal with your hand! There were no other scratches on this decal except here near the spoiler! I ******* told you 3 days ago about what you did and you said you would get it taken care of. Your manager even mentioned to you there were no scratches near the top . YOU DID THAT! NOW I F@$*ING EXPECT YOU TO FIX IT LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.

GM of sales: I'm not fixing anything I'm DONE.

Two paid-duty cops showed up, allot of people were watching, and the GM of sales said I need to be "removed from the property, I'm not fixing anything." "get him outa' here"

The officers said I was making a scene and I have to leave before I am arrested for trespassing. Because I was making a scene...? I thought police officers were supposed to protect civilians rights.

What kind of world do we live in when we THINK we have rights but in reality when we try to exercise those rights we are shadowed by the fact our attempt is futile.

What can one do?

***I added Meta tags for the search engines and spiders****
<meta name="description" content="RECONSIDER BUYING FROM LONE STAR CHEVROLET! Very bad experience with the General Sales manager at Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston, Texas. Customer service experience at Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston, Texas was worst experience ever. I was told one thing then when I brought my car in I was called a Liar then asked to leave by Jersey Village PD.">
<meta name="keywords" content="RECONSIDER BUYING FROM LONE STAR CHEVROLET! Lone Star Chevrolet, Customer Service, 2011 Camaro SS, Houston, Texas, New Car, Incentives, Sale">

Last edited by Blackfly; 08-11-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Launching!

a+ on spreading the word
Old 08-09-2010, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Representatives of GM dealerships should consider what their comments/ actions could mean for their business.

Such a small issue- Now who knows.

Did they forget that the reason their still in business is because they borrowed money from tax payers such as all of us!?

This issue could have been taken care of for WAY less than the potential loss from a post such as this; Or the web page I will build to capture my experience. At MOST I hope these actions catches the ears of Corporate.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

You already doing it...spread the word, create your website and while those actions may not drive them out of business, they will cost them money...more than it would have cost to make it right for you...Make sure to email the stealership GM your website URL (lonestarcheveroletsucksdick.com) once you have it up of course...
Old 08-09-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow man, that really sucks. My Wife just got a Used Certified BMW and we just noticed some small issues with the paint on the bumper (called the sales guy the same day) and we have a appointment on Thursday to have it fixed. Hopefully they don't try any stupid stuff like you went threw.

**Side note** keep this thread clean and I would email the Sales Manager and link from the boards you have this posted on So with that said:

I will never do business with " Lone Star Chevrolet "

B
Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Seems to be it would have been a easy fix (for the dealer) to just replace the rear decal. Cost for our dealer for stripes is $295 installed so maybe $75 cost to save face...dumb move unless there is something else to the story?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

I was just looking at a 2011 Tahoe Online from them. Thanks for the heads up. I can't stand this kind of crap over what would cost them pennies to fix.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Wow man, that really sucks. My Wife just got a Used Certified BMW and we just noticed some small issues with the paint on the bumper (called the sales guy the same day) and we have a appointment on Thursday to have it fixed. Hopefully they don't try any stupid stuff like you went threw.

**Side note** keep this thread clean and I would email the Sales Manager and link from the boards you have this posted on So with that said:

B
You Didnt notice at time of delivery that ur used BMW might have some flaws? Was it a paint flaw or a chip?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

B
I bought a Charger Daytona from them about a year ago and my wife got pulled over the next day by a state trooper for having illegal tint. After explaining the situation they agreed to removed and replace it and they did.

I'm kicking around the idea of getting another car and was thinking about visiting them again, but now I'm not so sure. Replacing a couple of sections of stripes on a new car to keep a customer happy shouldn't be a tough decision to make.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
You Didnt notice at time of delivery that ur used BMW might have some flaws? Was it a paint flaw or a chip?
Its was the clear coat on the back bumper

We purchased @ night so went over it the best we could, notice the flaws 5days later... The Sale man and Manager gave us the big sale pitch of "Certified Pre-Owned BMW" so now We called them on it and seem to be getting fixed.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Seems to be it would have been a easy fix (for the dealer) to just replace the rear decal. Cost for our dealer for stripes is $295 installed so maybe $75 cost to save face...dumb move unless there is something else to the story?
No, nothing else. I have no reason to lie. If I had made those scratches I wouldn't expect the dealership to fix it as I already know It is such a hassle to get them to do anything.

I have an honest reason to be pissed. Those scratches were done before I picked the car up. They should correct it. Not me.

After being forced off the lot when I had a legitimate reason for being there (the sales manager asked me to come in), To be called a liar when I KNOW I didn't make those scratches and then lied to...it's real frustrating. When a Man gives his word he should know how to keep it.

As consumers, we cant fight theses types of salesman who have the law and GM lawyers to shadow any attempt to go against them. Or do we?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

that sucks, I have had nothing but great business there. I would not post this on the web. I have seen many cases get turned around if you decide to pursue legal action. The GM lawyers have this as proof and you get screwed... Just noting what has been said on z06 forums...

Regardless I hope you get it fixed and taken care of. I haven't bought a product from them, just had warranty stuff done and they were top notch there....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've heard of dealers putting striped on wrong. I had a **** experience with Bill Turd, so I wouldn't put a past a dealer to act like d-bags but some of those Camaro5 guys seem a little D-ish them selves. If it went down like that, the dealer needs to handle it self better. To bad for most dealers it's

The Sale man and Manager gave us the big sale pitch of "Certified Pre-Owned BMW" so now We called them on it and seem to be getting fixed.
It's a legit, my old room mate got his 3 series through a Advantage? Mid town, he got great service.

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 08-09-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

yep, some bullshit man. hope you get it resolved.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:48 AM
On The Tree

Blackfly, you have a pm!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Joe i know what you mean, I used to sell cars and even the dealerships screw each other. I picked up a black on black fully loaded CX-7 from mazda of Clear Lake one time on a dealer trade, **** was dirty. brought it back, washed and there was a 3 inch scratch in it on the driver door, my boss had the make ready guys buff in black shoe polish to cover it.

Im an honest guy, i couldnt handle that **** and thats why i quit selling cars, there ****** shady like that
Old 08-10-2010, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

I will be contacting Lone Star Chevrolet today to try to speak to the owner. I want to make her aware (if she doesn't already know) of the situation and what I have done in response to her representatives unwillingness to recognize the importance of his customers.

If that does not work. I WILL create a web page and move further up the ladder.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blackfly
I will be contacting Lone Star Chevrolet today to try to speak to the owner. I want to make her aware (if she doesn't already know) of the situation and what I have done in response to her representatives unwillingness to recognize the importance of his customers.

If that does not work. I WILL create a web page and move further up the ladder.
if im not mistaken lone star is owned by sonic, bunch of fuken ********, i can tell that you will be waisting your time dealing with these people, they are all about profit, not customer service or customer satisfaction.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Well if ur where closer I'd get my tinter/stripes installer to help u out at discount....Good luck man. IMHO seems to be more trouble then its worth to pay for a web page, pursue legal action and just the straight up aggravation in dealing with the matter. Just make sure I'd tell all my friends and family not buy or use there service dept & of course use gm websites like this one but I wouldnt spend any money out of pocket.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks to hear that bro, spread the word like Herpes!