Have gone to the darkside and start school on Mon

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have gone to the darkside and start school on Mon

For those that don't know the story... I quit my job in the home security biz when the home building market crashed in Jan. I have been doing the "2 part time jobs " gig. Thru Brookhaven College i have been waiting for a chevy or ford dealer to bring me on with no success. Thanks to my advisor the ford ASSET program has allowed me to start class while they help me find a dealership. I start school Mon. Would have loved to go into the Chevy program but they have yet to fully restart their program at Brookhaven.

Anybody with hook ups with north DFW dealerships that are looking for student let me know!!!

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by Brian Coles; 08-10-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Congrats Brian!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

im an asep graduate. wait for a gm spot to open. trust me.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brian Coles
For those that don't know the story... I quit my job in the home security biz when the home building market crashed in Jan. I have been doing the "2 part time jobs " gig. Thru Brookhaven College i have been waiting for a chevy or ford dealer to bring me on with no success. Thanks to my advisor the ford ASSET program has allowed me to start class while they help me find a dealership. I start school Mon. Would have loved to go into the Chevy program but they have yet to fully restart their program at Brookhaven.

Anybody with hook ups with north DFW dealerships that are looking for student let me know!!!

Thanks
Brian
im an asep grad from 2008 at brookhaven, my friend is starting the asep program on the 19th at brookhaven. i loved asep, the instructors are the best around and we won the challenge in 2008
Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
im an asep grad from 2008 at brookhaven, my friend is starting the asep program on the 19th at brookhaven. i loved asep, the instructors are the best around and we won the challenge in 2008

Was told earlier this year that the asep program wasn't going to happen this year...then 3 weeks ago was told it was but I could not find a delaer in my area that would sponsor me. If any one can get me an interview with a service manager I could still switch.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Who did you go with for your tools. Was told vendors give students packages at discounted prices.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

yeah all of them are at 55% off the truck prices, its badass. my only regret was not buying more tools when i was in school. i went with snap on for the basic tool set and i had a matco double bank that i later traded for a snap on triple bank off the tool truck here at the dealership.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ASEP is a good program, graduated 07. It's not as easy as some think, Marvin and Steve are pretty hard on some folks. We started with 25 or so in the class, and only 10 graduated.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
i was at that challenge. that **** was rigged as hell. i wouldnt brag about winning it.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

WHAt?!?!?! how was it rigged?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by built408
ASEP is a good program, graduated 07. It's not as easy as some think, Marvin and Steve are pretty hard on some folks. We started with 25 or so in the class, and only 10 graduated.
true story, we started with 15 and i think 7 or 8 of us graduated. those instructors are *** hats but they are the best at what they do. and having the gm training center here in the dallas ft.worth area is a great advantage too.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

the question was about air conditioning. it was, what causes excessive pressure on the high side? our guy answered trash in the orifice tube. it was counted wrong. your guy answered, debris in the orifice tube and it was counted right.

thats the one that sticks out the most. it was 2 years ago so its hard to remember everything. plus it was run by ur school, judged by ur school. just sayin.

it was very obvious that the answers wer straight out of your text book. especially when ur guy started answering a,b,c, or d before the answers wer even given out.

im not trying to be a sore loser, i didnt even compete. i was there tho. most of the other schools agreed it was rigged

Last edited by ElkySS; 08-11-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElkySS
the question was about air conditioning. it was, what causes excessive pressure on the high side? our guy answered trash in the orifice tube. it was counted wrong. your guy answered, debris in the orifice tube and it was counted right.

thats the one that sticks out the most. it was 2 years ago so its hard to remember everything. plus it was run by ur school, judged by ur school. just sayin
It's not judged or held at Brookhaven. It's usually held at the Training Center in Garland, and most of the time the judges are field engineers in the area. Sucks you lost, should of been smarter.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

i didnt say it was at brookhaven but you guys work closest with the training center. im not gonna argue with u about it. it was a common opinion among the schools that it was rigged
Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Ok...but does anyone have a hook up. I am running ouy of time here. I looked into this program when i was young and prob would have dropped it or f'd it up some how. Glad I am going now that I'm older and my work ethic has changed. Looking forward to being in class room again.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats awesome Brian!! Glad to hear it man!!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ElkySS

thats the one that sticks out the most. it was 2 years ago so its hard to remember everything. plus it was run by ur school, judged by ur school. just sayin.

it was very obvious that the answers wer straight out of your text book. especially when ur guy started answering a,b,c, or d before the answers wer even given out.

im not trying to be a sore loser, i didnt even compete. i was there tho. most of the other schools agreed it was rigged
dang to remember that far back to a specific question, that sounds sore loserish of you, all i remember is we won. and the judges were engineers from gm, no relation to the asep program at brookhaven, we only deal with the instructors at the training center for one or two weeks out of the entire program. just like other asep classes that have to get hands on classes completed.

by the way brian, i replied to your pm. did you try calling them yet?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

all the bragging your doing is making u sound sore winnerish. dont u think? again, i didnt compete so i have nothing to be sore about. i just dony see the point in rigging such a small competition
Old 08-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Is my plee for future employment being by a dispute about BS from years ago.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

unfortunatly, yes. but im done talking about it. it wasnt really that big of a deal anyway.

they should help u find a job but if its anything like when i was looking for one, its gonna be hard. i dont even work in a dealer anymore. i work for an independent shop