Maybe he is Irish.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

picard.jpg
Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been to a few shops that were just about as dirty, which isn't really that much trash. Just masking paper in a few places. Strickland was really clean but I hear their paint jobs suck. As long as the paint booth is clean it doesn't really matter. I don't work all day anymore so we can't keep it spotless like we use to.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Green with gold stripes? Nasty.
Ross, maybe I should put green stripes on the GT500...what do you think?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Maybe a die-hard Baylor fan?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk lol but I think it will be painted tomorrow so I will get some pics for y'all. This thing is friggen hard to drive because the clutch is like a damn pogo stick. That would get old quick especially in traffic. I love my aftermarket clutch lol.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Idk lol but I think it will be painted tomorrow so I will get some pics for y'all. This thing is friggen hard to drive because the clutch is like a damn pogo stick. That would get old quick especially in traffic. I love my aftermarket clutch lol.
So you work there?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
That "shop" does look a little "rough", but whats more important is how their work comes out.
He just said it was a $1500 job, buy a $35k car and only spend $1500 to get a shitty paint job. WTF!!! It will come out shitty I can already tell. Front bumper not removed, grill not removed, fog light covers not removed, etc, atleast they took the camaro emblems off the fenders. Gzzz..

Oh nice uniforms also... that's standard body shop stuff there.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think the whole idea of his post was to find out who would want to make a..."meh" car at best look even uglier...not to criticize the damn shop
who cares how well the attention to detail is lol its gunna look like crap anyways!!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
He just said it was a $1500 job, buy a $35k car and only spend $1500 to get a shitty paint job. WTF!!! It will come out shitty I can already tell. Front bumper not removed, grill not removed, fog light covers not removed, etc, atleast they took the camaro emblems off the fenders. Gzzz..

ZOMGOMGOMG they don't have fancy uniforms, that means no way in hell they know what they are doing!!!

p.s. for those among us whose reading comprehension has failed them:

This picture was like a week ago before they started taking it apart.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR

dont get your panties in a bind, the shop could look dirty as hell but still come out with good products...just ask hpe
Old 09-01-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe some people don't want to spend $10,000 for a paint job. That doesn't make it a bad shop. Go look at those shops and see how busy they are.

If you want a better job, expect to pay more. That's how it works anywhere. Apparently he didn't want an all out paint job. I guess you could brag to your friends that the inside of your fender is painted but no one will ever know. If you tell boss tho he will gladly do whatever you want. We've painted cars completely inside, out and underneath before, just costs a little more money.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Ross, maybe I should put green stripes on the GT500...what do you think?
I vote for pink or the more masculine "light purple".

Seriously though...if you were ever to put any on it, my vote would be for matte black.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe some people don't want to spend $10,000 for a paint job. That doesn't make it a bad shop. Go look at those shops and see how busy they are.

If you want a better job, expect to pay more. That's how it works anywhere. Apparently he didn't want an all out paint job. I guess you could brag to your friends that the inside of your fender is painted but no one will ever know. If you tell boss tho he will gladly do whatever you want. We've painted cars completely inside, out and underneath before, just costs a little more money.
Is that place still owned by Tim? This is Mainstreet in Pearland, right?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Hey Novacaine, Take a look at post #7. Removing the weather stripping does not constitute taking the car apart.

Guess you failed to read the entire thread or maybe you had trouble "comprehending" it.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn some of you are gettin all worked up over the shop cleanliness and the fact that they didnt take the car apart... geez calm down it's not your car, well atleast i HOPE it's not your car...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

What a bunch of *** hats in this thread.........WOW NOT YOUR CAR QUITYERBITCHIN.....
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

I've learned through my time that the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" really holds true. The best people who go out on their own still have to start somewhere, so if you want to hate on a guy for how his shop looks and not based on the quality of his work, I wonder why you don't get all your work done at the local dealership.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
I've learned through my time that the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" really holds true. The best people who go out on their own still have to start somewhere, so if you want to hate on a guy for how his shop looks and not based on the quality of his work, I wonder why you don't get all your work done at the local dealership.
The shop doesn't even look dirty, idk what everyone is bitching about, the only thing I see in the picture are some tires leaning up against the wall. It only takes 1 average car to completely **** up a clean shop. Now once you get into the rusty *** cars where you have to sandblast and what not, the amount of trash generated from that one car is just insane. It's impossible to keep the whole shop clean at once so we just do sections at a time.

I know y'all aren't going to believe this but the car actually looks really good, a completely different green than what I had in my head.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe he is a pimp. Am I the only one that has ever heard the saying, "green for the money, gold for the honey"?

But, the pimp thing to do is green paint and gold wheels. Nobody knows this?