Daniel6718 - I wont say anything...read

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Sucks man, I definitely know how it feels to be ripped off, lol.
He's already got me.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IROCSS
That sucks! False advertising same with this POS http://www.empiremotorcars.net/web/2...olet-Camaro-SS Speakers blown grease on carpet and seat antenna broke 1/4 inch chunk broke passenger rim was 4 sale 16,000 at grand prairie ford dealer screen in the back WHY? no dvd player stupid non smoker cig butts in ashtray. I smoke but don't lie. POS in my opinion
Are you really looking for a low mileage 35th ss? Theres one that has 2500 miles for sale on moderncamaro.com and I can send link.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Default Just notified of this thread

First thanks for generating the thread.
As stated in my original post I found the car on Craigslist. I wish I had known it was on here. When I started communicating with Daniel he seemed like a straight up guy. He told me the car was driveable, held coolant, the a/c was working and it had 80,000 miles. He told me the interior had been removed because it was filthy and torn up.
Only when I was heading out from Sulphur La. to Garland did he confess it may not hold coolant but he was not sure. When I got there the car was far from driveable because it would only turn one direction due to wreck damage. We had to turn it on a jack to get it out of his shop, would hardly back up due to tire spin dragging the front. One neck was completely broke out of the radiator, so holding water was out of the question. The a/c lines had been removed and the compressor bolts showed recent signs of wrenching so I'm not really sure what went on there. And the interior had been removed including the cluster. I was not told the cluster was gone prior. I must say the trans was cleaner than the rest of the drivetrain so it appears to have been removed recently.
The car had been started earlier in the day as told to me by Daniel. During inspection I put water in both radiator hoses and did my best to hold them high to check for head gasket leakage. It sounded good so despite the other discrepancies we loaded it up. As I was leaving I remembered to ask for the title which was not given to my wife when she surrendered the funds which would normally happen in a transaction. Luckily I remembered because I would need it for salvage. We hurriedly made sure it was for a 2000 t/a and headed out.
The next morning I got up went outside installed a battery and started the car. It has so much piston slap it sounds like the pistons are swapping holes on the first start-up of the day. After a long warm-up most of the noise goes away.
The windshield was busted out and laying on the dash area so I was moving it around to make it safer to work around and noticed an oil change sticker showing next oil change 211,000. Then I checked the mileage on the title 207,758. only 3242 between the two. As a side noted the oil in the vehicle looks new.
Upon contact with Daniel he tells me no way that vehicle has 200,000 miles on it the interior was way too clean. The same interior he told me he removed because it was filthy. He insists the odometer showed 79,xxx.
The only thing he as offered to do was build me a short block if I pay for parts. Which is not feasible because I live 6 hours away and well I found all this other valuable information on him. I explained to him I was trying to buy something ready to run and spending more money to fix this builder was not my intention. Besides I paid fair market price for an engine ready to run in my opinion. His last communication with me stated that he was not refunding any of my money because he supplied me with a running engine which is what I wanted. I would have never knowingly bought an engine with over 200,000 miles with the intention of running it as is.
After going back over the events I should have been intelligent enough to back out but unfortunately my desire to buy an ls1 and natural tendencies to think all people are honest put me in a bad situation. But trust me this guy is smooth and it was not his first time to take advantage of someone.
Sorry for the long read but I hope it helps someone else, and Thanks again for the thread. Brent
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

we need to start a list of people that need to be kicked out of texas. This **** aint right!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Why the **** is a guy like this still allowed to post here - not like it's the first time he's ripped someone off
Old 09-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

THIS^^^^^^Is not his first bad deal with someone on tech......Look at his history.....CON ARTIST!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember reading a while back in the Texas section about this guy scamming some people...reason I remember is because that goofy *** picture of his
Old 09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only down side with banning people is that they will just make another account and start from square one
Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL @ all his 25 top friends on his myspace being dudes... Who even uses myspace anymore? ****'s wack yo!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

LOL @ all his 25 top friends on his myspace being dudes...
his milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

I posted on his profile to quit being an ******* scammer and to get a job, and he PMed me saying:

-----------

You Don't Even Know Me...

"i sell prolly 10-25 parts a week. Ive only had a few bad experiences. The guys that buy and are happy dont post, only the unhappy ones. Ill be posting in his thread you can rear what really happened. And i do have a job i own a mechanic shop with tons of happy customers every month.
Daniel"
Old 09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

If you guys that got ripped off would start dealing out *** whooppins for this type of **** it might stop. I would be driving back to kick this guys f_cking teeth in.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

OK so the buyer stated he didnot see the car listed HERE, BUT on craigslist. Only after he purchased it from a CRAIGSLIST ad does he see it on here.So his whole original transaction had NOTHING to do with TECH. Yet the seller is supposed to have to make things right here? I am not condoning his actions. It sounds like the buyer got RIPPED I agree. But if I buy something from Walmart I am not gonna get Target to refund my money.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
OK so the buyer stated he didnot see the car listed HERE, BUT on craigslist. Only after he purchased it from a CRAIGSLIST ad does he see it on here.So his whole original transaction had NOTHING to do with TECH. Yet the seller is supposed to have to make things right here? I am not condoning his actions. It sounds like the buyer got RIPPED I agree. But if I buy something from Walmart I am not gonna get Target to refund my money.
I dont think its about makin things right here, but in the LS comunity. Being as the guy owns a shop or works at a shop or whatever that does services for the LS comunity.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fknsmshn
I dont think its about makin things right here, but in the LS comunity. Being as the guy owns a shop or works at a shop or whatever that does services for the LS comunity.
Exactly, this is a public forum about LS powered cars. The OP bought an LS powered car... So I think he is entitled to let everyone know this guy ripped him off...
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Ban the guy this is BS no way does this guy really think the car didn't have 200K miles on the car when the ******* title says it does.

I understand people can put new motors in the car but, you don't say the car has 80k when you sell it.... You say the car has 200k and the motor has 80k and has been replaced.

This guy sounds like a *****..

Whats the name of this guys shop??? Please tell us so we don't go to it!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Exactly, this is a public forum about LS powered cars. The OP bought an LS powered car... So I think he is entitled to let everyone know this guy ripped him off...
OK but then the moderator comes in & says........
Originally Posted by Strini SS
Going to give "daniel6718" a chance to get on here and make things right... before the BANNED hammer comes down. ( I will be watching his logon activity )

Thank you 99CamVanillaTop for being this to our attention.

B
Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
OK but then the moderator comes in & says........
The guy is online and he hasn't posted in here...???
Old 09-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Thats like banning me from the site because your freind is pissed @ me for whatever.
I agree the buyer has a right to voice his opinion & or dealings good or bad from outside the forum. The seller has the right to come in & defend hisself if he so chooses.
Punishment in the forum for things /transactions outside the forum is not fair or acceptable.
Had the buyer purchased said item through the forum thats a whole different ballgame. And any recourse from the forum mods. would be expected & welcome!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Launching!

The guy is online and he hasn't posted in here...???
He is probably scared because he knows he was wrong IDK what his problem is really. I'm not saying he is right, But I say the Forum still has to operate in a fair & just manner. Discuss it here.....This is a dicussion board. If he can't defend his CS actions then I am sure he will lose bussiness.

Quick Reply: Daniel6718 - I wont say anything...read