What would y'all do if a PAYCHECK didn't clear?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happen to me I'm a transmission tech boss handed me a check told me to have a wonderful weekend. **** wish I did but check wouldnt cash I went to him Monday he smiled made some jokes handed me cash then I loaded my tools. If it happens once it will happen twice.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

LMAO to BAD CHAD's last comment...
Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What shop is this?
Old 09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Launching!

LMAO to Bad Chad. That's a great idea dude! I'll call him here shortly and see if he'll hire me lol.

I don't wanna say what shop it is.

This morning he was trying to say the IRS was only supposed to freeze part of the account and the "dumb bank" froze it all. Whatever the **** that means...

He said it'd be clear to cash a check at noon. I just got back from the bank... empty handed.

Another employees FB status read: "What's green, regtangular and completely worthless? MY PAYCHECK!"
Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
so the IRS talked to him, he was in a very bad mood, left the shop and a few hours later returned in a good mood?......Either Drugs or Hookers
Lol. I wouldn't doubt it too much... He does take "ridalin", but the effects are closer to Meth.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Reckon I'd try to get in touch with the vet "anonymously".
Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by derekf
Reckon I'd try to get in touch with the vet "anonymously".
Yeah no ****.. Let the guy know so he can go back and bet the **** out of the guy for ******* him.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
LMAO to Bad Chad. That's a great idea dude! I'll call him here shortly and see if he'll hire me lol.
Just letting you know there is options out there...
Old 09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Send a 10 Day bad check letter. Your boss is also liable for any bad check fees you've incurred.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

This morning he was trying to say the IRS was only supposed to freeze part of the account and the "dumb bank" froze it all. Whatever the **** that means...
Human error.

Although I would check to see if his business is under a EID or LLC. My understanding is if he files bankruptcy and walks away from his responsibilities you and the other employees are screwed. You can only sue the company not the guy personally. I may be wrong but just an FYI.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Launching!

I think you are accurate with that statment. The owner's wife is a lawyer and also is a co-owner. They covered their asses with the business.

There was no human error tho. He fucked up by ignoring taxes and they kept his money from him.

For the record, I finally did get my paycheck. And I will probably be looking for another job. Luckily, I had money to fall back on.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So whats the name of this place Joe???
Old 09-13-2010, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I over heard a convo at the end of the day with some other employees. Something about he had to hold their check till tomorrow and he might just give them cash. Sounded to me like he was going to pay out of his pocket.

I hate to leave the shop cause I've made some good friends and best of all, the shop has A/C. BUT I can't keep working at a place that doesn't ****** pay me on payday.

I tried to get a job at the dealership, but those **** suckers wouldn't pay me more than $10/hr since I don't have their specific schooling.

If the economy were better, I'd use this opportunity to open my own shop...

Go to Kennedale and start pulling the motor out of my GTO.... sounds like a great plan. After that....... you got me!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

did u try asking ur boss? hey man i tried to cash my check but it bounced?? whats up?

try that? just cuz the IRS is on his *** doesn't mean he is not going to pay u. Believe me the IRS is not going to freeze his account, they need their money and stopping him from making money is not going to help either party.

J
Old 09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

The IRS did freeze his money. The only way he could get money out was to send it to them.

WizeAss: Where's your car at? A shop or what? What are you pulling the motor for?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

man that blows, i know exactly how you feel... i worked at an independant shop about 6 years ago and the owner was doing the same kind of shady **** that you're going through... he was renting about 10 shops around the dallas area which were already loaded with lifts, dynos for state inspections, etc... well his paychecks would bounce and he would come back and pay us cash... the rest that was supposed to be going to taxes, well it wasn't... the irs finally caught onto him and started closing the shops down 1 by 1... now this guy had quite a few employees coming after him so he started selling equipment out of the shops that he didn't own... another employee and myself confronted him and demanded our money (we were owed for about 3 weeks of work)... he said he couldn't pay cash but if we gave him our routing and account #'s he would send it to our bank... this seemed like our only option so we agreed... that turned out to be a big ******* mistake... initially the money was there, i had a bad feeling so i withdrew it all and a day or 2 later he reversed the transaction... i told my bank what had happened and they tried to get it back but they weren't able to for whatever reason... so i had a little bit of money in my pocket until i found another job but had to pay the bank back... luckily they worked with me, didn't charge any interest, and didn't turn it into collections... i will NEVER work for an independent shop again, lesson learned... i have been with my current employer for about 5 1/2 years now and haven't had the slightest problem with being paid
Old 09-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Damn it. That's ridiculous. I would have told him that I'd accept his personal vehicle as the payment that he owed me.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, I've actually been told that I'm "too honest for my own good" lol.

I'm the same way too.

Good luck sorting it out.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Teching In

I say put it to his wife if he doesnt pay up!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

being a disabled vet myself but still active duty id like to give your boss a nice lil visit and talk about how he treats the ppl that protect his freedoms and ability to own his own shop