How about them COWBOYS??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not a stats whiz by any means, but do any of the current Cowboys players have a Superbowl ring? Legacy means nothing to me, since players change yearly. When I think of legacy records, I only think about that specific team at that specific year.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Win, lose or tie, COWBOYS fan until I die!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
dood...they have 5 rings. they are merika's team. they beat the texans. they have 5 rings. they beat themselves. they have 5 rings. they play better at noon. they have 5 rings. they weren't even trying. they have 5 rings.

They suck. Face it. They are a huge disappointment to their fans and they will be extremely lucky to finish the season at 8-8...and that's pushing it.
Ross, tell us how you really feel...lol

And as stated before by me many times, they don't suck, they ******* suck and it is always someone elses fault.

As far as Homo goes, I can't stand him, he makes some bone head calls, but he isn't the problem on the team, he is probably the best player on the girls. The problem is every other person involved with the "Cowgirls".

Now that I think about it, were iis MMiller? This is usually where he would throw a ban on me....MM you out there? just picking at you since I haven't seen you posting in a while.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a serious question for the Cowboy fans.

How has Wade Phillips been allowed to remain this long? Is JJ really so manipulative that he feels he has to have a patsy for a coach, or does JJ really believe Wade is the right man for the job? If Wade had any power at all, Garrett wouldn't be the OC.

And who will eventually replace this coaching staff? Does anyone seriously think Gruden or Cowher would work for JJ?

There's a ton of talent on the Cowboys. They CAN play well, but good lord they need discipline! They just seem to meander around throughout the game and hit a big play despite themselves every now and then.

-Mike
Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

1-5 after this Sunday
Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra

How has Wade Phillips been allowed to remain this long? Is JJ really so manipulative that he feels he has to have a patsy for a coach, or does JJ really believe Wade is the right man for the job? If Wade had any power at all, Garrett wouldn't be the OC.

And who will eventually replace this coaching staff? Does anyone seriously think Gruden or Cowher would work for JJ?

There's a ton of talent on the Cowboys. They CAN play well, but good lord they need discipline! They just seem to meander around throughout the game and hit a big play despite themselves every now and then.

-Mike

Contract issues if he fires him he'll owe him 3 million next year, so most likely he'll be there next year as well or so I heard on ESPN.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I walked into a Hardee's and got a burger and looked up and saw the cowboys throwing the football around like little kids. Saw a couple flags thrown, picked up my order, laughed a little (because even you know it was funny), and walked out the door shaking my head while we headed back home from the track.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

-Mike
Jason Garrett has been unbelievably unimpressive since receiving his monster contract to be offensive coordinator. Why should we expect him to do any better as a head coach?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

-Mike
Jerry Jones has to have a pansy for a coach. Look at all of the past coaches who have been there with the exception of Parcells. They might as well add head coach to his title since he is the CFO, CEO, general mgr, owner, assistant manger and zone manager. He wont hire anybody with some fire in them. I cant stand watching Wade Phillips acting like a 2 year old that just got his sucker taken away. He has no desire or fire inside.

Originally Posted by antonio84
Contract issues if he fires him he'll owe him 3 million next year, so most likely he'll be there next year as well or so I heard on ESPN.
**** that. Jerry Jones wipes his *** with 3 million a day.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ben R
Jason Garrett has been unbelievably unimpressive since receiving his monster contract to be offensive coordinator. Why should we expect him to do any better as a head coach?
I wasn't suggesting Garrett take over as head coach. If JJ does that, he'll take the lead over Al Davis as Bat **** Crazy Owner #1.

-Mike
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

-Mike
That's simple, Wade is the only one that will put up with JJ trying to be a mini coach. Truthfully, watching interviews, they think they are alot better than they are. Plus the Vikings are no slouch whom deserve alot more credit than they were given by Dallas. They make it sound as if they lost to the Lions. It's only going to get worse considering the NFC EAST has the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants which are all tough teams.

They may be loaded with talent, but this is the NFL, every team is loaded with talent.

The one thing I do see they are missing is a consistent running game which is essential. Plus they can't stop a 4 man rush to save their ***.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Launching!

The cowboys need a coach that has actual control of the team and a new o line! Oh and a fg kicker...
Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by indigo28
Win, lose or tie, COWBOYS fan until I die!
****** right, a bad season doesnt change my mind that i am a Cowboys fan. Hell, Texans are my other team. I show support for my Texas teams no matter what.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by redws618
Were they sucking in em before they kicked the **** out of the texans??
Did I hurt your vagina with that comment?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
****** right, a bad season doesnt change my mind that i am a Cowboys fan. Hell, Texans are my other team. I show support for my Texas teams no matter what.
True, I always will be a cowboys fan no matter what.
I just dont get why these texans fans are talking **** about the boys' so much? Yall say we "******* suck" but were the 1st team to beat your precious texans. How does it feel to get beat by a team that "******* sucks"???? Cowboys may have a worse record right now, but wait til the end of season to talk **** considering we spanked yall!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
I just dont get why these texans fans are talking **** about the boys' so much? Yall say we "******* suck" but were the 1st team to beat your precious texans. How does it feel to get beat by a team that "******* sucks"???? Cowboys may have a worse record right now, but wait til the end of season to talk **** considering we spanked yall!
Oh please, give me a fkn break, ya'll are the innocent victims of our merciless ****-talking now?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!! This is an Emergency!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I seem to remember all of the "we are going to the Superbowl" Cowboys fans talking mad **** about the Texans and their organization all the way up until about 2 weeks ago. Some of them have wised up a little and realized they have ZERO room to talk ****. You and a few others are exceptions.

You can consider your win in Houston an "any given Sunday" moment. The Cardinals beat the Saints last week. Does that mean they are better? I don't think it does.

Your boys didn't do anything that any other team hadn't done against the Texans this year. Our defense is a problem. Teams are going to score points against us. We are allowing 27.8 points per game. Sadly, you guys scored "below" average (27) against the Texans. More reason to panic.

If the Texans don't get something going on defense, we are screwed.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redz_02
That's simple, Wade is the only one that will put up with JJ trying to be a mini coach. Truthfully, watching interviews, they think they are alot better than they are. Plus the Vikings are no slouch whom deserve alot more credit than they were given by Dallas. They make it sound as if they lost to the Lions. It's only going to get worse considering the NFC EAST has the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants which are all tough teams.

They may be loaded with talent, but this is the NFL, every team is loaded with talent.

The one thing I do see they are missing is a consistent running game which is essential. Plus they can't stop a 4 man rush to save their ***.

Umm, did you see the game? The viks looked like ****. 188yrds of total offense, a fumble on the opening drive. Sacked 3 times... dont try and make it sound like you lost to a top notch team, they had a **** poor effort and still got the W.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
LOL @ Cowboys fans trying to justify a ****-poor season by beating lil brother Texans up. Also, you guys are too hard on Romo. I think he is an excellent QB with a shitty team and shitty coaching. I'm not sure what it would take for the Cowboys to turn this around, but I agree those penalties would be a good start. I'll bet if Jerry started fining each of the players for each penalty, they might think twice about doing them. Two penalties I consider highly retarded are holding and blocking in the back. Both are bad judgment calls on the player's part, and can be avoided.

The great Tom Landry used to do this all the time. The money would be pooled up through the season and then donated IIRC.

They can no longer do this due to some shitty regulations the players league has :o