***Texas Mile Updates Oct 2010 Post Up!***

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

edit..woops sorry question already answered

Last edited by XtremeBBQ; 10-22-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sc300
Why did u said probably not when u don't even know what happened??

And even with the shakedown pass of 238mph is ******* fast. Rc or Josh would be lucky if they can hit that!! I don't know how everyone got so hyped up thinking that an lsx will just show up and do 240++++. Lol
Look duy and Powell, we are not even at the event, give props to the guys that did make it and are hauling ***. I am not one to say "we are going to set this and that record", I have never been that way, josh on the other hand(maybe a little, lol), but think about every single large build LMR has built. Every single one of them had a specific goal and EVERY single one of those cars hit those goals and set records while doing so. I am not saying we are going to do that with this mile racing, but common sense would tell anyone if we can go 209mph in just a 1/4 mile distance, that I think we have the technology and brain power to use that same combination and run somewhere in the 250 range with more left on tap. Again, no need for me to make predictions, anyone can race on paper, you will all just have to wait until march to see what an LSX engine can truly run at the mile, and yes, it will be factory appearing body parts on our cars. No 20ft wings hanging off the back.
Please dont get this thread off topic, keep it about cars that are ACTUALLY AT the event competing, it kills me that we are not one of them, but thats life.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:30 PM

SW did a shake down pass this afternoon and had some vibration at 100mph. They were working on it tonight to see if they can find the vibration.

The ART 1800 car is out there and running. Not sure what it ran.

Jonahs Car (Holtz car from Giddings) I think broke the tranny or something - last car to run today.

The supposedly Florida 266 mph GT is out there but hasn't ran. He said was going to go 300mph next year.

241 was fastest for the day with this 18 to 20+mph head cross wind.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 PM
8 Second Club

Yeah the Ford GT guy has a nut swinger on 6speed saying that they will be doing 300mph this year... They claim the power plant in the car which is a 5.4ltr variant motor is good for 3000hp. Which is highly doubtful due to the fact I don't think a cammer motor has made that much even in a race car.

And Steven you are right, let's keep this thread on topic. You all do meet your goals and that is bad ***! I know Josh gets upset at times thinking I trash you alls work, when in fact it is the opposite. You all build bad *** cars and there is nothing that can disprove that. Honestly I'd like to see an LS motor in the 250 area... Hell the Porsche people are trying their asses off to get there. I know I couldn't do it myself and I certainly cannot fund a build to do it. I'll be happy with just a 200mph shirt, which I know I could have done stock motored. I don't think I'd feel safe at 230-240mph in my car with a 4pt. I'll be there in March and will certainly be the first one to congratulate all of the team involved when you all raise the bar again.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Look duy and Powell, we are not even at the event, give props to the guys that did make it and are hauling ***. I am not one to say "we are going to set this and that record", I have never been that way, josh on the other hand(maybe a little, lol), but think about every single large build LMR has built. Every single one of them had a specific goal and EVERY single one of those cars hit those goals and set records while doing so. I am not saying we are going to do that with this mile racing, but common sense would tell anyone if we can go 209mph in just a 1/4 mile distance, that I think we have the technology and brain power to use that same combination and run somewhere in the 250 range with more left on tap. Again, no need for me to make predictions, anyone can race on paper, you will all just have to wait until march to see what an LSX engine can truly run at the mile, and yes, it will be factory appearing body parts on our cars. No 20ft wings hanging off the back.
Please dont get this thread off topic, keep it about cars that are ACTUALLY AT the event competing, it kills me that we are not one of them, but thats

life.

No one can argue or talk **** after that...

Good luck steven and I hope ya accomplish your goal!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:57 PM
8 Second Club

Duy you going to be there tomorrow? I'll be there hopefully about 9-9:30
Old 10-22-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
B Nasty just hit me up... I think we may be rollin.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

300? That would be insane.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Let me see if I can get up tomorrow. We were out there drinking and goofing around all day and I just made it back home..I can't rough out there like we used too..

Btw..SW's rear driver side rim looked wobbly on jack stands. So they think the rim was bent during his adventure in the dirt..
Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

powell/duey keep me updated 2morrow. both of you have my number. il be at work most of the day fml
Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Here is a pic of SW car on jack stands, after the cleaning crew got done with it.. Yes, they had a Carwash crew came with them just to wash cars. I think they came from Jonas camp..

Last edited by sc300; 10-22-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:48 PM
9 Second Club

seafish 227.8 off the trailer then 225.6 later in the day, lifted early on the second run due to loosing belt and fan shroud damage. Should do 230 no problem, hope the weather holds good tomorrow.

The FGT from florida, performance power racing or whatever, is here, should be VERY interesting to see it run up here and see if it can back up its runs from earlier this year in FL.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to see my boy seafish/seafish crew doing work.

Supposedly there is a bad head wind... Saw an update on another forum... Sick all week so I didn't get to take today off to go out this morning...
Damn cuz, you cant catch a break worth a **** these last few weeks. Hopefully you make it out sunday or later in the day saturday
Old 10-22-2010, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Please dont get this thread off topic, keep it about cars that are ACTUALLY AT the event competing, it kills me that we are not one of them, but thats life.
Originally Posted by sc300
No one can argue or talk **** after that...

Good luck steven and I hope ya accomplish your goal!
Kind of hard to say anything back on Steven's statement. It shows his class. Good luck in the March Steven and LMR crew!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 PM
8 Second Club

Just be thankful this has not turned into the thread like 6speed where the Ford GT guy is claiming 300mph and people are busting out physics and ****... I literly sent Tyler and Ben a message saying "Please explain something for my dumbass cause I have NO clue what he said!"

Originally Posted by 6speed Member
d=1/2at^2. Using the numbers provided, a=2*1320/3.6^2=203.7ft/s^2 or 6.37G (1G=32ft/s^2). At that acceleration, the car will be traveling Mach1 in 5.5s. I don't think that will be possible.
That was just part of the post that I didn't even ask for explanation... I am a Psych major... Math > Me
Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

wtf
Old 10-22-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my fellow turbo bike racers were there today fighting the wind as well. Bill Warner went 255mph "sideways" through the trap.....leaned over on the crowns of the tires...(He has been 272mph at Maxton) and my other buddy Tom Gates went only 232mph leaned over....He went 261.5 back in March.....

Conditions will be good early sat/sunday morning but typically the wind picks up by 10-10:30..... Thats just racing in Goliad...

I went 225mph on low boost(16lbs) with a tail wind....Then after the wind shifted in the afternoon I went 218mph with 18lbs....

Lot of science in this stuff......other then getting the whole launch thing right, drag racing is a cake walk to LSR..... You only THINK you break/burn up **** drag racing....
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Any Idea what a top fuel car would do? Would it even make it that far before falling apart? lol
Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was wrong there is an ART Viper out there. Did 222mph.
the co-owner of ART was boasting about that Viper, and how it was going to go 270 at a meet I went to a couple of weeks ago.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
Any Idea what a top fuel car would do? Would it even make it that far before falling apart? lol
It wouldn't make a mile, but you could coast the first 3/4 of a mile and go well over 300 the last 1/4 if it would hook at all