Did the lambo wreck???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
ppp
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
whoever made his cage needs to get that footage and use it for advertising. ".... even at 250 and this happens, we still protect you!! "

...and he walked away!!!! (after they cut him out) amazing!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:20 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes he lived, very luckily. Those of you praising the cage... Did you see it? I did, thats all im going to say...
Old 10-25-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Yes he lived, very luckily. Those of you praising the cage... Did you see it? I did, thats all im going to say...
I did...and it did it's Job, kept the Driver alive and the passenger compartment from buckling down on top of him....
Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Great street car cage. Not much more than that. Goes to show that the design of the car itself is impressive as hell.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Great street car cage. Not much more than that. Goes to show that the design of the car itself is impressive as hell.
are you saying the cage sucked? I mean I would think its a bad *** cage to keep him alive at 235........
Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM
8 Second Club

are you saying the cage sucked? I mean I would think its a bad *** cage to keep him alive at 235........
The cage was part of it what saved him. The car is designed for high speeds and with that comes the protection from high speed wrecks. I'll put it this way take a Vette for example... There would be nothing left but a cage and that's probably it...

But Mile is racing easy guys don't worry! Anybody can go 300mph if they just throw HP at it...
Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Sucks to see that, but good knowing the guy survived.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:13 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I'm not saying it sucked. But for how minimal it was, for it and the passenger area to stay as intact as it did is just rediculous to see. Hell of a car
Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
But Mile is racing easy guys don't worry! Anybody can go 300mph if they just throw HP at it...
LOL!! So true, too many people actually think like that.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spritle
LOL!! So true, too many people actually think like that.
You two cant be serious??????
Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Powell, really what the **** has gotten up your *** lately? You constantly say stupid **** about LS1 cars, you constantly bring up Boost Logic. Instead of the old Chris I knew you've become this nose in the air, pompous ***. If you're too good for us here move onto your exotic car forum. Not all of us here have it the way you and LP do, we work for what we have and can accomplish. I have tried to leave this alone, but you constantly make remarks like we're all a bunch of dumbasses here, and you're some great god. Not trying to be a dick to you, but dude you need to come back down to reality.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Powell, really what the **** has gotten up your *** lately? You constantly say stupid **** about LS1 cars, you constantly bring up Boost Logic. Instead of the old Chris I knew you've become this nose in the air, pompous ***. If you're too good for us here move onto your exotic car forum. Not all of us here have it the way you and LP do, we work for what we have and can accomplish. I have tried to leave this alone, but you constantly make remarks like we're all a bunch of dumbasses here, and you're some great god. Not trying to be a dick to you, but dude you need to come back down to reality.
I don't know the dude, and I was thinking the same thing!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

The cage was part of it what saved him. The car is designed for high speeds and with that comes the protection from high speed wrecks. I'll put it this way take a Vette for example... There would be nothing left but a cage and that's probably it...

yeah the lambo is made for racing, but was there any other mods done to it for safety? I mean put that same cage in a vette and same thing would happen.

unless he had other things done to it anycar would have the same potential..... (or are you just back to hating vettes!!! )
Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Why even post that he has a picture of the wreck, but he cant post it?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

the word pompous made me chuckle. i kinda noticed it too but i dont know powell personally so i wont comment.

J
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 PM
8 Second Club

Mike when have you ever taken me on the forum serious? I only bring up BL when people do the same shops 24/7 like they are all gods. BL built my latest setup (us doing the first one) so why not give them the support? The last time I think we actually talked was at Baytown a few years ago at Strictlys trailer setup, and even before then it had been awhile. Trust me you can ask anyone who is a mutual friend of both of us I am still the exact same person I've always been. I've even told you in the past the only the only time I become truly arrogant is when people say dumbshit and act like they are better than everyone. I do know it's not always the most mature thing to do but oh well.

Regardless if I was such a pompous ******* (esp. towards LS1's and any cars) why was I out at the track helping Jonathon work on his LS1 Mustang and Cara's Mustang as well the night before my dad died? I'll get my hands dirty just as fast as anyone or even faster. I've been there and done that on a lot of things; and don't mind helping someone do it. Hell even after my father passed I finally got to make it by G-Force to hang out with them up there. Mike and I were b/sing about different setups to look at doing to his new car. My new work schedule (aka no more school (aka free time)) makes it where I hardly get to see even them anymore.

If you are over by Pearland Parkway give me a shout and we'll grab a beer at 2-a-days or my place and shoot the ****. Regardless as to what it seems like online I still haven't changed from the same person I was 6 or 7 years ago when we first met.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 PM
8 Second Club

yeah the lambo is made for racing, but was there any other mods done to it for safety? I mean put that same cage in a vette and same thing would happen.

unless he had other things done to it anycar would have the same potential..... (or are you just back to hating vettes!!! )
Just hate Vettes when it comes to parking... Fkn 1ft of nose that I can't see when I'm pulling in... My little bumper thing on my C5 had to hate me...

The chassis design is more rigid in those cars. You didn't understand it right because of how Rob explained it. The cage was a MAJOR part as to what saved him, nobody will disagree with that. But I am telling you look at a lot of chassis that is still intact. Unless you were there you don't understand the impact that car went through. My point was I don't think many cars would last through that including.... what??? A Porsche??? Yeah I doubt I'd be typing if that my car that did that with a full cage even...

BTW I didn't specify this in the other post, but people are starting to think that UGR and BL are related. They are not even close. They don't share tuners or anything. I even posted here that I thought the UGR would be king of the Mile car wise, which they were in Jonah's slower Lambo. If conditions were good SW could have ran a good #, but I think the Lambos have them covered.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Mike when have you ever taken me on the forum serious? I only bring up BL when people do the same shops 24/7 like they are all gods. BL built my latest setup (us doing the first one) so why not give them the support? The last time I think we actually talked was at Baytown a few years ago at Strictlys trailer setup, and even before then it had been awhile. Trust me you can ask anyone who is a mutual friend of both of us I am still the exact same person I've always been. I've even told you in the past the only the only time I become truly arrogant is when people say dumbshit and act like they are better than everyone. I do know it's not always the most mature thing to do but oh well.

Regardless if I was such a pompous ******* (esp. towards LS1's and any cars) why was I out at the track helping Jonathon work on his LS1 Mustang and Cara's Mustang as well the night before my dad died? I'll get my hands dirty just as fast as anyone or even faster. I've been there and done that on a lot of things; and don't mind helping someone do it. Hell even after my father passed I finally got to make it by G-Force to hang out with them up there. Mike and I were b/sing about different setups to look at doing to his new car. My new work schedule (aka no more school (aka free time)) makes it where I hardly get to see even them anymore.

If you are over by Pearland Parkway give me a shout and we'll grab a beer at 2-a-days or my place and shoot the ****. Regardless as to what it seems like online I still haven't changed from the same person I was 6 or 7 years ago when we first met.
Chris, I am sorry about your father, just lost mine a month ago. People that do not know you only see you as a dick, the same way people that do not know Duy think of him. I know you will get your hands dirty, and will help anyone out. I have seen lately that you're constantly getting slammed here b/c of statements or comments. As I said not trying to be a dick to you, I personally have nothing against you. You need another LS1 car b/c Herbie will never be ****. Oh and you know how I am about my beer, I want my beer, lol...
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

First video I found of the car but doesn't show it wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klniz...layer_embedded
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 PM
8 Second Club

Chris, I am sorry about your father, just lost mine a month ago. People that do not know you only see you as a dick, the same way people that do not know Duy think of him. I know you will get your hands dirty, and will help anyone out. I have seen lately that you're constantly getting slammed here b/c of statements or comments. As I said not trying to be a dick to you, I personally have nothing against you. You need another LS1 car b/c Herbie will never be ****. Oh and you know how I am about my beer, I want my beer, lol...
Sorry to hear about your father as well. I was young when I lost all of my grand parents so when my uncle (dads brother) passed away 5 years ago I didn't want to lose dad. That is one thing I will never wish upon anyone is losing their parents or a loved one period.

Matt and I talk about buying a chassis every few months. Maybe one day we will move on a deal we find and build something fast That red Mustang that was posted was so tempting but I don't know just had to many things going on at the time. Don't get me wrong Herbie is very fun on the street, but you know I don't even street race so it's just stress relief now for me.

Though I do agree if you do not know me people think I am a totally different person. Believe it or not (not to bring up BL), but Zohair said between when I got to the Mile at ~9:30am on Saturday and Friday morning he said a lot of people coming up and ask about me. A lot of them asked if I was a douche bag or *******. They all laughed and explained to most of the people that I am really chill in person.

I guess maybe I should lighten up a little more on the forum. The days of Mike TexaSS (pre-gforce), Tit. Bar., etc... are all gone. I just miss the days when smack talk was fun and people didn't take it so serious.

Quick Reply: Did the lambo wreck???