Mustang Eats Camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Ex-Mustang guy here and they seem to be busting that *** actually...
key word is ex... ...most of the mustang guys i have ran in to are complete ******. there are some good guys out the, but most arent (especially the V6 guys). they are almost like a ricer. that 4.6 Modular under hood isnt the best motor ford has produced and its power sucks. they think that just because its a GT that it will beat any car out there. and when they lose, its never there fault. the mustang just wasnt a well built car for about the last 20 years. and so so motor, with a really bad drive line made for a poor car IMO.

now i will give that the new 5.0 is a great car, but i just dont like the styling of the car.

but i bet no mustang out there compares to the 911..
Old 11-03-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wimimc
Originally Posted by 02txceta

Uh-oh....think the mustang guys are regrouping for a massive frontal attack..get ready! :d
Originally Posted by 03sssnake
according to the images posted...they prefer to attack the rear

hahahahahahaha
Old 11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
key word is ex... ...most of the mustang guys i have ran in to are complete ******...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Uh-Oh....think the Mustang guys are regrouping for a massive frontal attack..get ready!
flame suit on

Old 11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Ex-Mustang guy here and they seem to be busting that *** actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2z8exW96l8
That car has more money into it than what they sell for. Same amount of money can be spent on a new camaro and be better imo.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
That car has more money into it than what they sell for. Same amount of money can be spent on a new camaro and be better imo.
Any car on the planet is going to require some serious coin to run 8's in the 1/4 mile.

Some people want a Mustang for their race car. Some people want a Camaro. What is so hard to understand about people having different taste in vehicles?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What 5th gen has gone 8s yet? That 8 second Mustang is using the stock block and crank, keep that in mind since most the top fastest 5th gens seem to all have LSX blocks in them. I also havent heard of one going 8s yet either. Far as Mustang guys being *** holes, a lot of the LS1 guys are the same way. It always seemed that the coolest LS1 guys were the one who were modding Mustangs, SBCs, LT1s, V6 F-bodies, Imports or what ever before. The guys that never had **** and got what was popular were always the biggest turds, I'm sure the same holds true for any plat form.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
What 5th gen has gone 8s yet? That 8 second Mustang is using the stock block and crank, keep that in mind since most the top fastest 5th gens seem to all have LSX blocks in them. I also havent heard of one going 8s yet either. Far as Mustang guys being *** holes, a lot of the LS1 guys are the same way. It always seemed that the coolest LS1 guys were the one who were modding Mustangs, SBCs, LT1s, V6 F-bodies, Imports or what ever before. The guys that never had **** and got what was popular were always the biggest turds, I'm sure the same holds true for any plat form.
truth
Old 11-03-2010, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
key word is ex... ...most of the mustang guys i have ran in to are complete ******. there are some good guys out the, but most arent (especially the V6 guys). they are almost like a ricer. that 4.6 Modular under hood isnt the best motor ford has produced and its power sucks. they think that just because its a GT that it will beat any car out there. and when they lose, its never there fault. the mustang just wasnt a well built car for about the last 20 years. and so so motor, with a really bad drive line made for a poor car IMO.

now i will give that the new 5.0 is a great car, but i just dont like the styling of the car.

but i bet no mustang out there compares to the 911..
Woah woah woah! Speak for yourself!

Actually its kind of true with the older mustangs... But so are most LS drivers. What I have noticed the most is the faster your car is the more humble you are.. The closer to stock the bigger punk you are.. (exception of Powell and Duy). LOL! Just teasing you guys!

Also 90% of mustang owners are aware of the LS1 and if you ever go on a mustang board and ask them about it you will feel like god.. They will praise the LS motor. They know that the 4.6L modular engine a small fry in the V8 sea.

Thats why its all about my 3.7L!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Ought to bring her out sometime to one of our meets...Have several guys that run together with cars in the 130+/- traps times.
i have a car that traps that as well.....
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Launching!

i just went from a mach-1 to a 05 ls2 vette..... my best in my mach was 12.4 @ 110... same mods my vette went 12.4 @ 115.... both are great cars but different. why i got a vette now is because of price. u cannot beat the price of a c6 used vette to the price of a new mustang or camaro...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I agree. I hang out with only a couple vette/fbody guys, but mostly mustang guys. That is where I started. There are just as many dbag fbody owners that I have met at mustang owners, and same with vettes.

I don't post here much because it seems that everybody licks the big performance shops nutz, everybody wants to drag your azz, and so many ego's on this board. However, tech is outstanding.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
i was at hrp this last friday and i saw a blue stock looking 5.0 run like a 12.6 @ 114 i think. i know it was a 12.6. and i think i heard it was his 1st time down the track in a standard. thats not bad
It was me 12.6 was my last pass, the pass right before that was a 12.54.
Now I just need to get an intake and email tune. If I could manage better than a damn 2.0 60', who knows the results

I will likely be out at HRP 11/5 if weather permits.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by d98gt
it was me 12.6 was my last pass, the pass right before that was a 12.54.
now i just need to get an intake and email tune. If i could manage better than a damn 2.0 60', who knows the results

i will likely be out at hrp 11/5 if weather permits.
Very nice, now you need my helmet to go faster than the full face!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Wasn't even wearing the helmet most of the night, just kept it in the passenger seat. They never asked for it and the damn scales are STILL broke.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Wasn't even wearing the helmet most of the night, just kept it in the passenger seat. They never asked for it and the damn scales are STILL broke.
Can I drive tom?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Sure thing. Would love to slap some DRs on the car to see what happens.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Actually its kind of true with the older mustangs... But so are most LS drivers. What I have noticed the most is the faster your car is the more humble you are.. The closer to stock the bigger punk you are.. (exception of Powell and Duy). LOL! Just teasing you guys!
i will give you this...haha. hence the ricer comment, the car is all show and no go. out here, since the car scene is college, 75% of the cars on the road are like that. out of the 75, most fall into 3 car types, Civics, Eclipse, or Mustang (V6), and they annoy the **** of of me when i have the car out. to the point to where when i want to drive my car, i rarely will take it through the city.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Teching In

Sure thing. Would love to slap some DRs on the car to see what happens.

with the DR's i'm sure you'll be running what my cam and bolt-ons gto was running, 12-12.2's.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Teching In

I'm not sure I will dig that deep until a few mods; pretty sure my MPH is going to die down if I actually hook. The air is looking good for tomorrow as well.

I will be bringing a pair of bfg dr's (17s) with me Friday and will see what happens. I've only been driving a standard since picking the car up, so roughly a month total seat time. It's a bit pathetic that I didn't even touch the air pressure on the stock pirelli tires and have yet to actually try an actual burn out with the car. It could be a failure haha.