Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eagle 97 just said Wade is fired.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jerry Jones has reportedly put Wade Phillips out of his misery.

CBS-11 in Dallas first reported that Phillips was fired Monday as Cowboys coach. The news was quickly confirmed by the local FOX station and NBCDFW's Newy Scruggs. It's worth noting that none of the beat writers that follow the team have confirmed the report.

Jason Garrett has reportedly been named interim head coach and a news conference is scheduled for 5 p.m et.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

I just heard on 103.3 that Babe Laufenberg reported that Wade is out.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by imlooking
Cowboys easily have some of the best talent in the league in both sides of the ball...

BUT, as long as those cheese dicks keep Romo behind center I'll be happy - cuz they won't be winning SB's with him...

Romo at QB !?!? I can live with that
Last night after the game, the commentators said that before Romo got hurt he was in the top 5 for best qb in the league.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe the players should boycott the owner involvement. JJ is the main reason that team is failing, he is too involved and lets his ego misdirect the team. People can blame Wade for the losses, but JJ was the actual "coach" here. Wade was just a hand puppet.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Maybe the players should boycott the owner involvement. JJ is the main reason that team is failing, he is too involved and lets his ego misdirect the team. People can blame Wade for the losses, but JJ was the actual "coach" here. Wade was just a hand puppet.
I agree somewhat. JJ is a disease that as time goes on only seems to spread BUT a strong-willed head coach could do the team some good. Ala Jimmy Johnson, but I seriously doubt JJ will ever hire another strong head coach unfortunately.

Id love to see Chucky get the job, I dont think Cowher has what it takes to deal with JJ but then again I dont think any "good" coach would really want to work for JJ. Also heard rumors of Stoops possibly being in the running. I just cant see Garrett doing anything worthwhile. After he got his big contract he turned into a dud.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jdmoore144
Last night after the game, the commentators said that before Romo got hurt he was in the top 5 for best qb in the league.
you know i've said it a million times in other places - ROMO WILL NEVER BE A SUPER BOWL WINNING QB !!! EVER !!!!

keep him behind center for the next 4 or 5 years - it's not like he's gonna get any better or make less mistakes or his body is magically gonna heal like he's ******* Wolverine

Romo is terrible - he will NEVER win a Super Bowl.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

you know i've said it a million times in other places - ROMO WILL NEVER BE A SUPER BOWL WINNING QB !!! EVER !!!!

keep him behind center for the next 4 or 5 years - it's not like he's gonna get any better or make less mistakes or his body is magically gonna heal like he's ******* Wolverine

Lots of great QBs have never won a SB. Doesnt take away from there greatness. On the opposite end of the pictures, awful QBs have won super bowls by riding there teams into them.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Watching the D in last nights game was wild. How can you put everyone on the left side of the field and play zone coverage??? Now that they got rid of wade maybe they can turn something around. I have enjoyed this season a lot though. Watching the cowgirls lose that many times and get slaughtered as bad as they have.... Makes me glad to be a Texans fan.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jdmoore144
those commentators have been known to drink before the games too
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think its funny how many people rag on romo.. the cowboys were 3 straight 5-11 team until romo took over. romo has posted winning seasons as long as he has been a starter and finally a damn playoff game. everybody thought he chokes in november/december and last year he played his *** off.. romo is a good QB.. i think as the season drags and our offense could only put up less than 10 points, people will realize how good romo is.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Cowboys easily have some of the best talent in the league in both sides of the ball...

BUT, as long as those cheese dicks keep Romo behind center I'll be happy - cuz they won't be winning SB's with him...

Romo at QB !?!? I can live with that
Obviuosly, either you know very little about about football or your hate for the Cowboys/Romo is clouding your judgement.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mkelcy
Jones should be looking in the mirror. He won with both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcels, but can't stand not getting the credit.
Exactly what did the Cowboys win with Parcels? No playoff games, right?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Well this confirms it...you are a football moron...a milion times over according to yourself...
Old 11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rw'z28
Well this confirms it...you are a football moron...a milion times over according to yourself...
Word!! Romo sucks..blahhhh.. look at all the QB that dallas had tried after Aikman.. Quincy carter, drew bledsoe, drew henson, chad hutchinson, ryan leaf, vinny testaverde, anthony wright!! all of them could not even produce a winning season.

Romo was undrafted, and has produced winning seasons and a playoff win. he has only been a starting QB for 4 seasons. Idiots make it seem like hes at the end of his career. oh he choked when he fumbled the field goal ( even though he never gave up on the play and almost ran it in.) the following season went 13-3 and broke every cowboys QB season record. 9-7 the following year, and then last year 11-5 and a playoff win..and played better than any QB did in november/december where people have been critical on him.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rw'z28
lol.

i will bet you $10,000 that by 2015 Romo will STILL not have a ring.

is your nasty carcass that much ingrained with retarded cowboys fandom that you actually believe Romo will take you to the Super Bowl !?!?

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAH !!!! good luck with that
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Romo was undrafted, and has produced winning seasons and a playoff win. he has only been a starting QB for 4 seasons. Idiots make it seem like hes at the end of his career. oh he choked when he fumbled the field goal ( even though he never gave up on the play and almost ran it in.) the following season went 13-3 and broke every cowboys QB season record. 9-7 the following year, and then last year 11-5 and a playoff win..and played better than any QB did in november/december where people have been critical on him.
wow, that's awesome.

so next time during an interview he'll be proudly displaying his SB ring !?!?

lolboys
Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
"...that's such a good point..."

signed,
never winning a championship
Old 11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

So by your criteria 9 time pro bowler Dan Marino wasnt **** either

The team surrounding Romo may not be enough to get him a SB ring but he is definitely a great QB. Im not a big fan of him either but to say he sucks like you are is just outright wrong.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

"...that's such a good point..."

signed,
never winning a championship

wow, a comment as bright as a 40 watt bulb!! so what does that say about phillip rivers? or aaron rodgers? i guess you can win superbowls in 2-3 seasons nowadays huh....

it took peyton manning how long to even get to the superbowl as good as he is..what 10 years.. please your a f*ckin idiot.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 11-11-2010 at 06:50 AM.