Penn, from Penn & Teller has a run in with the TSA @ Las Vegas Airport.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
When a bomb gets through and another 911 happens everyone will be crying about tighten up security. The ones bitching are the ones looking for something for nothing…

If you don’t like it drive to where you have to go…
What if they started doing full body scans and searches for movie theaters? Or baseball games, or other sporting events. Ya there is some security there, but it's not near as intrusive or lengthy as air port security.

I'm all for safety on airplanes, but there has to be a point where enough is enough.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
What if they started doing full body scans and searches for movie theaters? Or baseball games, or other sporting events. Ya there is some security there, but it's not near as intrusive or lengthy as air port security.

I'm all for safety on airplanes, but there has to be a point where enough is enough.
Movie Theaters, Sporting Events and other events does not have a 40 ton Airplane full of fuel to crash into a building like the 911 terrorist did. Look at the amount of terroristic attempts there have been against airline VS sporting events, etc...

We cannot bomb proof everything but the FAA and the airlines are doing the best they can do to keep you and your family safe.

If you lost a Family member because security was not up to par I bet you will be in contact with your attorney to try to sue the airlines/FAA/TSA...
Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why everyone bitches about this...
You wanna be in a plane with a bomb/idiot with weapons? That's your thing. Personally, if I'm flying, I'd rather be sure that I, and everyone on that flight are as safe as possible.

Furthermore...
I wouldn't mind my nuts being fondled a little...
Old 11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssteven@6LE
If a random stranger(TSA guy) wants to fondle my junk in front of hundreds of people -he's the gay one Pheonix airport was patting down everyone about a month ago. In austin it was a smile , walk thru the scanner and your on your way.
funny enough, I leave for Phoenix from Austin tomorrow. LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

LOL...these scans and pat downs provide a false sense of security for the lemmings that think it will really stop a terrorist hell bent on martyrdom. Terrorist have been surgically implanting explosive devices overseas, no scan or pat down will catch that. We need to use methods employed by the Israels if we are going to thwart the next attempt. That starts with profiling/screening for people that intend to do harm, body language gives away a lot about a persons intentions. The Israelis have done this for decades and might know a thing or two about stopping terrorist. Thunder has already posted in regards Israelification, it was the 5th post in this thread... For those that read right past that post in this thread, here it is.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought 911 happened because the cockpits were unsecured and box cutters were allowed on flights? The bad guys did not use bombs implanted in their *****.

Either way, letting another man touch your ***** is the new patriotic duty. http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/beco..._tsa_team.shtm
Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
LOL...these scans and pat downs provide a false sense of security for the lemmings that think it will really stop a terrorist hell bent on martyrdom. Terrorist have been surgically implanting explosive devices overseas, no scan or pat down will catch that. We need to use methods employed by the Israels if we are going to thwart the next attempt. That starts with profiling/screening for people that intend to do harm, body language gives away a lot about a persons intentions. The Israelis have done this for decades and might know a thing or two about stopping terrorist. Thunder has already posted in regards Israelification, it was the 5th post in this thread... For those that read right past that post in this thread, here it is.
Yes, i agree 100% If the terrorist have gotten past Our Military, the FBI, the CIA, Homeland security, Section 9, and what ever else secret division of the government fighting Terrorist. Whats the odds of them getting through a TSA agent who is basically a dude/dudette with a highschool diploma. I say odds are they make it to the plane..
The above link to my post sums up what really needs to happen, and it would make the catching a plane a lot faster than it is now. and with less headaches, but still have security, security that would be better than what is currently in place.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Launching!

I agree with Camaro Junky. The terrorists used BOX CUTTERS. Not to sound un-patriotic or praise terrorists, but I'm pretty sure if I was on the plane, a ****** box cutter wouldn't AND couldn't stop me from kickin in some dude's face. Those situations (in my opinion) were ignored because of all the highjackings in the '80s. No one thought the plane would be crashed into a building.

Airports shouldn't be so strict. Ask any psychiatrist and they'll tell you that looking into someone's eyes and reading their body language is THE MOST accurate way to tell what a person is up to. Same as trying to pick up a chick at the bar. You oughta be able to tell if she's interested in the first minute or so.

I've seen what the full body x-rays look like and I think it's absolutely horrible. CNN did an interview with some TSA agents and some of them "enjoyed" the x-rays. I have nothing to hide, but goddamn. That's just ridiculous.

I know a TSA agent personally, and I can tell you first hand that their only qualification is a GED. Can you really trust that guy/girl you went to highschool with that dropped out, to save you from a terrorist that knows "high security" is coming?...
Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

a body scan will catch a surgically implanted device.

I do agree with you we should start profiling, but too many liberalists and what not so that will never happen (even though it does already but not as much and as hard as Isreal)
Old 11-24-2010, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
I agree with Camaro Junky. The terrorists used BOX CUTTERS. Not to sound un-patriotic or praise terrorists, but I'm pretty sure if I was on the plane, a ****** box cutter wouldn't AND couldn't stop me from kickin in some dude's face. Those situations (in my opinion) were ignored because of all the highjackings in the '80s. No one thought the plane would be crashed into a building.

Airports shouldn't be so strict. Ask any psychiatrist and they'll tell you that looking into someone's eyes and reading their body language is THE MOST accurate way to tell what a person is up to. Same as trying to pick up a chick at the bar. You oughta be able to tell if she's interested in the first minute or so.

I've seen what the full body x-rays look like and I think it's absolutely horrible. CNN did an interview with some TSA agents and some of them "enjoyed" the x-rays. I have nothing to hide, but goddamn. That's just ridiculous.

I know a TSA agent personally, and I can tell you first hand that their only qualification is a GED. Can you really trust that guy/girl you went to highschool with that dropped out, to save you from a terrorist that knows "high security" is coming?...

They can't get an order right at the drive through, what makes you think they can get security right?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Movie Theaters, Sporting Events and other events does not have a 40 ton Airplane full of fuel to crash into a building like the 911 terrorist did. Look at the amount of terroristic attempts there have been against airline VS sporting events, etc...

We cannot bomb proof everything but the FAA and the airlines are doing the best they can do to keep you and your family safe.

If you lost a Family member because security was not up to par I bet you will be in contact with your attorney to try to sue the airlines/FAA/TSA...
Hmm a plane with maybe 200 people on it, hitting a building with 3,000 people in it is still much less than say the A&M football game = 90,000 people all in one place. So I don't exactly see your point there.

Also, I agree on the whole box cutter thing. If they're taking over an airplane with some box cutters, you're getting your *** handed to you end of story. Whether I get cut up a few times or not, once a few people start fighting back more will surely fallow and take them over.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Domsz06
a body scan will catch a surgically implanted device.

I do agree with you we should start profiling, but too many liberalists and what not so that will never happen (even though it does already but not as much and as hard as Isreal)
actually the scan won't see into the body like a medical x-ray, it will see thru heavy clothing etc.. Backscatter x-rays only penetrate approximately ¼ of an inch before the rays are scattered, whereas medical X-rays transmit completely through the body.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domsz06
They can't get an order right at the drive through, what makes you think they can get security right?
It's surprising that Texas airports don't have lowest paid mexicans working security. Wait, no. I was dropping off a passenger at DFW last week ago and the only english one of the security girls knew was "boarding pass". Not, "can I see your boarding pass "... just "boarding pass". That was also her answer to where the closest restroom was.

actually the scan won't see into the body like a medical x-ray, it will see thru heavy clothing etc...
true
Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by tvrbo
It's surprising that Texas airports don't have lowest paid mexicans working security. Wait, no. I was dropping off a passenger at DFW last week ago and the only english one of the security girls knew was "boarding pass". Not, "can I see your boarding pass "... just "boarding pass". That was also her answer to where the closest restroom was.

true
Texas is turning into mexico man, it really sucks.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Airport security is a joke. If our country wasn't such a pussified no-feelings-hurt country like it is today, we wouldn't have these issues. Stereotypes and profiling exist for a reason, and if these TSA people have a specific person in mind, they should just screen them. They are looking for middle-eastern males, 17-30 yrs of age, as their primary suspicion. If you happen to fit that category, tough ****! Get in the frisk line. I'd be perfectly fine being profiled, should the stereotype turn around to my race. Carlos Mencia summed it up a few years ago, TAG- You're IT! When describing middle eastern men.

Go visit some other non-Caucasian countries, they don't give a **** about hurting your feelings. USA should be the same way.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
They are looking for middle-eastern males, 17-30 yrs of age, as their primary suspicion. If you happen to fit that category, tough ****!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Airport security is a joke. If our country wasn't such a pussified no-feelings-hurt country like it is today, we wouldn't have these issues. Stereotypes and profiling exist for a reason, and if these TSA people have a specific person in mind, they should just screen them. They are looking for middle-eastern males, 17-30 yrs of age, as their primary suspicion. If you happen to fit that category, tough ****! Get in the frisk line. I'd be perfectly fine being profiled, should the stereotype turn around to my race. Carlos Mencia summed it up a few years ago, TAG- You're IT! When describing middle eastern men.

Go visit some other non-Caucasian countries, they don't give a **** about hurting your feelings. USA should be the same way.
All of this "security" is unnecessary and a monumental waste of time, not to mention the millions of dollars being wasted, too. Tony is right. They need to frickin' profile. I will not fly commercial. To hell with the intrusive federal government. We need to take back our country from the federal government.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

actually the scan won't see into the body like a medical x-ray, it will see thru heavy clothing etc.. Backscatter x-rays only penetrate approximately ¼ of an inch before the rays are scattered, whereas medical X-rays transmit completely through the body.
Nice ! You seem to know more than the average person about x-rays.

And I really have no issue with profiling, this politically correct BS needs to stop. If you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by rayosequis; 11-24-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

i didn't realize that and did some research, yeah your right. So once again another brilliant idea from our leaders to waste our taxpayers dollars.

I agree with nineball, who cares, start profiling!!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Hmm a plane with maybe 200 people on it, hitting a building with 3,000 people in it is still much less than say the A&M football game = 90,000 people all in one place. So I don't exactly see your point there.

Also, I agree on the whole box cutter thing. If they're taking over an airplane with some box cutters, you're getting your *** handed to you end of story. Whether I get cut up a few times or not, once a few people start fighting back more will surely fallow and take them over.
I'm not saying I do not agree with you, an airplane full of fuel is going to do a lot more damage than 1 person. These people doing this are trying to destroy the country, not kill a bunch of people at a football game. Look at what they targeted, Trade centers and the Pentagon...

I do not agree with the body scans but what can you do? If you come to my house you are not allowed to smoke in it, take your *** outside. Same with the airlines, if you don't like it find somewhere else to go.