why dont i put up good dyno numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn i was hoping that wasent going to happen, but that is why i asked. Flaco has a great following and is well known, you should be good with him.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
damn i was hoping that wasent going to happen, but that is why i asked. Flaco has a great following and is well known, you should be good with him.
yeah i sent him a pm on here 2 weeks ago. i am pretty sure ill be going to him. but i might try to hold off ill i get my long tube headers. i just got to see how everything things goes money wise
Old 11-27-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s-10ls1
naw i didnt find him on craigslist. i have to friends that got the cars tuned by him. they had good luck and they cars run damn good. yeah its 250 a tune
from what i understand chuck doesnt tune with a wideband and theres a post on here where chuck argues that you dont need a wideband to tune acuratly!! hahahahaha

take it to gforce mike is a bad **** when it comes to tuning,i was just there a month or so ago to get my buddys lt1 with ls1 ecu conversion with dbw..it layed down 460hp at rw..
Old 11-27-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol...i so called it.

who wants to bet that the a/f is way off?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allan808
from what i understand chuck doesnt tune with a wideband and theres a post on here where chuck argues that you dont need a wideband to tune acuratly!! hahahahaha

take it to gforce mike is a bad **** when it comes to tuning,i was just there a month or so ago to get my buddys lt1 with ls1 ecu conversion with dbw..it layed down 460hp at rw..
You dont need a wideband to tune it.I just use the **** on the box labeled boost controller.I turn it up untill I smell coolant.Then I back it down a notch
Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Here is the answer to your question.....

You have 1 5/8 Shorty Headers

You have Cats

You have an Stalled Auto

Your car was tuned by Chuck

Get some headers, and some 3" exhaust without cats, get your car tuned by GForce, LMR, Pat G, Flaco ect, and you will be close to 400rwhp and hopefully 400rwtq.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trance565
Here is the answer to your question.....

You have 1 5/8 Shorty Headers

You have Cats

You have an Stalled Auto

Your car was tuned by Chuck

Get some headers, and some 3" exhaust without cats, get your car tuned by GForce, LMR, Pat G, Flaco ect, and you will be close to 400rwhp and hopefully 400rwtq.
if he does all that he should be making a lot more than 400 rwhp.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Just a tune should put him cose to 400........I am telling you buddy better get a tune asap......you could hurt that motor with the a/f off as bad as i think it is.....
Old 11-27-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
Just a tune should put him cose to 400........I am telling you buddy better get a tune asap......you could hurt that motor with the a/f off as bad as i think it is.....
:/ sadly you have a point, since we dont know jsut how bad the tune is, we need to assume the worst. Dont drive it till its been re-tuned, you really could fry the motor.

OP were not trying to knock you or talk down to you, we are just trying to help.

At LMR and G-Force and others, teh 500 dollar tune is lifetime. If you go back for a re-tune you will be charged only for dyno time which is by the hour. changes made without useing the dyno will be free and this lasts the lifetime of the car as long as the shop stays open.

before you do anything else, re-tune.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was an SVT poster in the background so that might have been the biggest problem. take it to someone that knows LS1's.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i have not been driving it. its started shifting funny and im going to take it to back to century to get mike to drive to see if the trans or the tune.
i plan im getting it retuned from another guy. but there is no reason to talk **** about chuck. i dont hold anything against they guy!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kosovobandit
headers 1 7/8 inch I'm running smaller cam ls 6 intake and 1 78 inch headers in making 400 at the wheel
You dont provide transmission or torque convertor info so your numbers could be anywhere around there.

After reading the OP's mods only I assumed around 375rwhp, like mentioned throughout this thread some changes are needed to get the numbers you expect/want.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

if only he had done it right the first time.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
what do you mean by do it right the first time?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99mongooSS
there was an SVT poster in the background so that might have been the biggest problem. take it to someone that knows LS1's.
read the post! chuck just used there dyno
Old 11-28-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

x2^^.. you get what you pay for.... you can't cheap out when dumping money into such a build. The tune was cheap and now you see why.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
x2^^.. you get what you pay for.... you can't cheap out when dumping money into such a build. The tune was cheap and now you see why.

i not the type of person that dose half *** stuff. when i first got the motor swap done i took it to MTI. MTI charged 500 for a tune. so you cant say i went with him to be cheap. 2 years later i did all the upgrades. i had to really good friends that went to him, thats why i did. i was not trying to get out cheap. my friends liked his tune, so i thought i would go with him. i thought i was getting a good tune.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Those are bolt on numbers.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
Cheap does not mean you are going to get shady work.

There is a lot of issues with Big named shops but the issues are kept Hush-Hush. Just because you paid top dollar does not mean your getting 110% quality work. There are tuners and mechanics out there that are just as good as the sponsors on this site. Does that make them any less capable of doing good work just because they do not pay sponsorship fees here?

I've had a car that was tuned by G-force, I had LMR tune my last car. This time I went with Flaco and I could not be happier with my tune and I paid 1/2 the price.

Just do your home work if you are going to go with someone that is doing it on the side or working out of their garage.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Cheap does not mean you are going to get shady work.

There is a lot of issues with Big named shops but the issues are kept Hush-Hush. Just because you paid top dollar does not mean your getting 110% quality work. There are tuners and mechanics out there that are just as good as the sponsors on this site. Does that make them any less capable of doing good work just because they do not pay sponsorship fees here?

I've had a car that was tuned by G-force, I had LMR tune my last car. This time I went with Flaco and I could not be happier with my tune and I paid 1/2 the price.

Just do your home work if you are going to go with someone that is doing it on the side or working out of their garage.
You paid $250 right now, IMO.... Once he gets up and running strong his prices will go up.
If his prices stay at $250, I can almost guarantee he won't be able to keep up. So to make up for it his prices will increase... and people will pay it! His reputation is growing strong and he will be up there with the big name shop prices. So i strongly believe that you get what you pay for. You got a good deal now but it won't stay that way.