View Poll Results: Which Cell Phone Provider is the Best Value?
Verizon
44.44%
AT&T
11.11%
Sprint
11.11%
T-Mobile
33.33%
Pre-Paid
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Best (cheapest/best service/coverage) Cell Phone Provider

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aggie_Ls1
I did a search but couldn't find any recent relevant threads...

But anyways, we have 4 lines with t-mobile with 1000 whenever min and unlimited messaging (no web service) and pay 120ish after tax with a company discount. However, the service sucks, it's hard to get a signal, even sitting next to a window in our little one story house.

So with that being said, who should we switch to? Sprint, Verizon, or ATT? Sprint so far sounds like the best deal, 4 lines, 1500 minutes (unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile), unlimited messaging and data for all phones, would be about 160ish after tax with the discount. That's 40 more bucks a month for way more minutes, plus web service for all phones, plus better service/coverage... sounds like a no brainer. Verizon's comparable plan would cost way more and ATT supposedly sucks just as bad as t-mobile as for as service and dropped calls, plus their plans are more expensive than sprint.

So who is everyone using and what are your experiences with these different providers? Thanks everyone! btw Happy Thanksgiving!
First, its time to update you plan. Lol.

Next, from your phone call #fix

The more you do this the more tickets you will leave and then an engineer will go out and add a tower or fix a tower.

T-Mobile now has a plan for 3000 minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited web for two lines for 149.99. For four lines for 3000 minutes, free nights, weekend, and mobile to mobile, unlimited texting for the whole family, unlimited 4G web for all four lines, it will cost you $199.99. Mind you this is all before the discount. With the BOGO free its a killer deal.

T-mobile has the least dropped calls in the nation for several years and is tested by a third party. If however I was to go to another carrier, it would be verizon. I had AT&T and its ; Sprint =

Best thing to do is go to each service provider and check the coverage map. If you covered on T-mobile, then there could be other factors like a bad sim card or even a bad phone. Try swapping sim's or even phone see if that helps. If you live in college station then I know for sure you in a great area for reception. I would change your sim and see if that works. If it doesn't try changing your phone.

Last edited by GTRACER88; 11-30-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
First, its time to update you plan. Lol.

Next, from your phone call #fix

The more you do this the more tickets you will leave and then an engineer will go out and add a tower or fix a tower.

T-Mobile now has a plan for 3000 minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited web for two lines for 149.99. For four lines for 3000 minutes, free nights, weekend, and mobile to mobile, unlimited texting for the whole family, unlimited 4G web for all four lines, it will cost you $199.99. Mind you this is all before the discount. With the BOGO free its a killer deal.

T-mobile has the least dropped calls in the nation for several years and is tested by a third party. If however I was to go to another carrier, it would be verizon. I had AT&T and its ; Sprint =

Best thing to do is go to each service provider and check the coverage map. If you covered on T-mobile, then there could be other factors like a bad sim card or even a bad phone. Try swapping sim's or even phone see if that helps. If you live in college station then I know for sure you in a great area for reception. I would change your sim and see if that works. If it doesn't try changing your phone.
Yeah they don't even offer the 1000 minutes plan anymore. We only use about 650 minutes between the 4 lines anyways, so 3000 is way way too many. 1500 from sprint with unlimited mobile to any other mobile (regardless of carrier) seems like the best deal still. And i've checked the coverage maps, I think they are pretty useless. In my experience, a new sim card and over10 different t-mobile phones doesn't make a difference, they all get a terrible signal. I don't think it's possible to get worse service, at least in La Porte. I don't know how there is a statistic out there that says t-mobile has the fewest dropped calls, maybe because they have the fewest amount of customers? I really don't know. I also heard their 4G is not even a new network, it's just a boosted 3g network? Not sure if this is true or not.. T-mobiles discount with ExxonMobil is only 8 or 10%, i forgot what i was told, but sprint's is 18%. I really just can't see staying with t-mobile
Thanks for the reply, i will try that #fix trick (wish i had been doing it for years now lol).