View Poll Results: Which Cell Phone Provider is the Best Value?
Verizon
44.44%
AT&T
11.11%
Sprint
11.11%
T-Mobile
33.33%
Pre-Paid
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Best (cheapest/best service/coverage) Cell Phone Provider

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best (cheapest/best service/coverage) Cell Phone Provider

I did a search but couldn't find any recent relevant threads...

But anyways, we have 4 lines with t-mobile with 1000 whenever min and unlimited messaging (no web service) and pay 120ish after tax with a company discount. However, the service sucks, it's hard to get a signal, even sitting next to a window in our little one story house.

So with that being said, who should we switch to? Sprint, Verizon, or ATT? Sprint so far sounds like the best deal, 4 lines, 1500 minutes (unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile), unlimited messaging and data for all phones, would be about 160ish after tax with the discount. That's 40 more bucks a month for way more minutes, plus web service for all phones, plus better service/coverage... sounds like a no brainer. Verizon's comparable plan would cost way more and ATT supposedly sucks just as bad as t-mobile as for as service and dropped calls, plus their plans are more expensive than sprint.

So who is everyone using and what are your experiences with these different providers? Thanks everyone! btw Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

I been with sprint over 8 years and would never change they bend over backwards for me Awsome company
Old 11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

I have att and 2 iphones and have everything possible and my bill only runs 160 with 1400 any time minutes and all te roll over u can possibly emagine so thay have been pretty good to us.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ I have the same thing! Plus with the unlimited to any other ATT customer we barely dip into our anytime minutes! 90% of my friends and relatives have ATT so it works out nicely!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

sprint
Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Four lines for that price is pertty cheap. i don't think anybody else comes close for the price...maybe cricket or pocket.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:33 AM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just switched from Tmobile to ATT. So far the service has been good, had it for 3 days. The one thing I already miss is the customer service by Tmobile. The phone service was pretty spotty, but customer service was always excellent.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Sprint definitely seems to have th best deal but how is there service? I don't know anyone personally that uses them.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

ive been very happy with sprint. there plans are probably cheaper than the others. Im not sure why people keep saying there service sucks. Everytime i have called, it seems like i continue to get hooked up with discounts and updates and so fourth. So im happy with sprint.

They keep saying im eligible for 10 bucks off, or 150 bucks credit and all types of other ****.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
ive been very happy with sprint. there plans are probably cheaper than the others. Im not sure why people keep saying there service sucks. Everytime i have called, it seems like i continue to get hooked up with discounts and updates and so fourth. So im happy with sprint.

They keep saying im eligible for 10 bucks off, or 150 bucks credit and all types of other ****.
Good to hear! How is your reception, as far as your signal or dropped calls?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

VERIZON is great was with sprint for 9yrs i am so glad i changed to verizon 2yrs ago best move i made.i am on the unlimited plan cause i use it for bussiness.their service is great i got the DROID X and the phone is awsome.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Aggie_Ls1
Good to hear! How is your reception, as far as your signal or dropped calls?
no problems with sprint at all!! I know verizon is supposed to have the best as far as signals and stuff, but there plans are very pricey. Everytime i pass by the verizon store, there is always a shitload of people in there. Not sure if they have problems with phones or service. But its always packed.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i've been with verizon for 2 years, they have good reception and good customer service. my old lady is on tmobile and complains about it all the time. and i was unimpressed with sprint/nextel when i had them.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Teching In

When I first moved here I was with Sprint, but that was before their merger with Nextel. I had a lot of issues with Sprint at that time so I went with Tmobile since it was so cheap. I'm surprised they had better service.

For the past 4 years however I've been with Verizon since I work for them (company phone!). Best service by far, but I can understand why more people don't go with VZW, the prices are pretty step for plans...don't know if they have lowered much or not since I've been freeloading for so long.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by buddyleex
When I first moved here I was with Sprint, but that was before their merger with Nextel. I had a lot of issues with Sprint at that time so I went with Tmobile since it was so cheap. I'm surprised they had better service.

For the past 4 years however I've been with Verizon since I work for them (company phone!). Best service by far, but I can understand why more people don't go with VZW, the prices are pretty step for plans...don't know if they have lowered much or not since I've been freeloading for so long.
Yeah i've heard sprint has gotten way better, i would assume they are better than t-mobile by now, or at least i hope so. I can't imagine anybody being worse than tmobile, even though at&t is supposedly gettin there...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 AM
11 Second Club

I've had them all, they all suck in some area's or degrees of service, but they are all good in others.

Best suggestion I can say is figure out where you use your phone the most, (if your complaining about service) and then either get a phone that you can use for a month, or go get a burn phone. See what is best. I had sprint till they jacked with my plan and raped me, then went to t-mobile and it was by far the cheapest, but outside of major cities it's not the best.... Had a company work phone with verizon and it was the biggest POS with no reception ever. Switched to the iPhone and have loved the phone, but you pay a pretty penny for it.

Friend has the new sprint smart phone, Evo right?, and she loves it and loves sprint.

Like I said, get a burn phone or one you can return with in 30 days and see if you like the service and company....
Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had sprint for my personal phone for 10 years. I also have a verizon phone for work that I have had for about 2 and a half years. Both have good service. Sometimes one will have service and the other won't, but they both tend to have good coverage overall.

I had ATT as a work phone before this. They were terrible. Dropped calls and no signal all the time (even in the middle of Houston). They customer service was worse. The comapny I am with now will use any provider except ATT because their customer service is so bad.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

I was with sprint for 10 years in SC then I moved back to TX and I always had service problems outside of the major cities. All my family that lives out in the country have had every carrier and at&t was the only one that would work where they lived. I soon switched to at&t and my bill doubled but I have service that works. My friend has verizon and his phone is always searching for service when we out on my land.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

you should put a poll on the thread, my vote goes to ATT, been using it since it was cingular in 1996
Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Been with AT&T since Cingular also, and like stated above out "in the country" like Lake Sommerville we have large extended family events\gatherings and me and the wife's ATT phone gets a work out. All the others have to take a 4-wheeler to the top of a hill on the roads around the lake to get a signal.
My Blackeberry supplied by work on Sprint is OK but found alot of dead or slow spots around the Houston area. Word is we are switching to ATT. That is big when there is close to 10k devices to replace.
Overall like this thread I've heard complaints and praise for all the major players.
I'm godfathered in a a good deal with ATT so I stay with them.