Old 04-29-2016, 04:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Dome lights won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome lights won't turn off

Tonight when I got off work, I started my car and started to drive off. My interior lights wouldn't turn off. This happens sometimes, and I have to open and close my door, and they usually turn off. Well this time they stayed on. They were on the entire way home, which was irritating as hell.

When I got home and parked, I turned the car off, got out, closed the door, and hit the "lock" button on my remote. Usually, when I do this the lights turn off instantly. This time they stayed on. I checked on my car every few minutes, and after about 20 minutes, they finally turned off.

Any idea how to fix this? It's extremely annoying.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year make model?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you try moving the little wheel by the head light controls? It's been a few years since I drove an Fbody every day, but IRC you can slide it all the way up and it clicks to turn the interior lights on
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Did you try moving the little wheel by the head light controls? It's been a few years since I drove an Fbody every day, but IRC you can slide it all the way up and it clicks to turn the interior lights on
this.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
If that were the case, they wouldn't turn off after 20 minutes. They would stay on and drain the battery.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does the same thing, I just took out the bulbs & disconnected the plug in back of the mirror, I don't daily drive my car & hardly drive it at night so it doesn't bother me been like that for lil over a year

Quick Reply: Dome lights won't turn off