Foundation repair in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foundation repair in Houston

Has anyone in Houston or the surrounding area ever has foundation repair done? If so what company did you use and which method did you end up going with. I have a few companies coming out this week to give me quotes. I know each one has there systems. Bell Bottom to Pressed Piling. Just don't wont to have do this more than once. Thanks for any info.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

My previous house as well as my in-laws had foundation repair work done by Allied Foundation. I had to have piers place around my house. Allied was great plus they have a lifetime transferable warranty that came in handy when it was time to sell my house. No repairs were needed by they sent someone out to look over everything and certify that the foundation was still good. My in-laws actually used the warranty after about a year and again Allies stood by their product. Plus they were several thousand dollars cheaper than some of the other quotes I received. Give them a call.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply CWallen, Did they have to place them inside your house or just around the outside?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cajunss
Thanks for the reply CWallen, Did they have to place them inside your house or just around the outside?
Just around the perimeter.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I used D Square a couple of years back. 17 pylons inside and out. It was very expensive but seemed to do the trick. They also have a transferable warranty. I just sold the house to another member on here and all was well upon the sell. I can't speak of the warranty's worth because I didn't need it. Good luck to you.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys. I contacted a few companies to schedule a estimate. Hopefully its not to bad..
Old 07-28-2014, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Atlas Foundation has a solid reputation in Houston area.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Plus 1 for allied. They just did 8 piers on our house. Had it done in one day. Very good price also
Old 07-29-2014, 12:12 AM
L?1
Teching In

Has anyone in Houston or the surrounding area ever has foundation repair done? If so what company did you use and which method did you end up going with. I have a few companies coming out this week to give me quotes. I know each one has there systems. Bell Bottom to Pressed Piling. Just don't wont to have do this more than once. Thanks for any info.
I used Bonilla Foundation Repair.

It was done about a year ago. So far so good. The two stuck doors(one up and one down) were cured the same day. Even the two cracks in the floor closed . One is barely noticeable , and I can't find the other.

We had I believe 16 or 17 bell bottom piers. I was worried that they would destroy my new floor, but there was no need for them to come in the house except to take measurements and give the estimate.

I used to think they came in, and you have to move out, while they bust your floors up, but they dig under your house. Even if the work is in the center of the house, they can tunnel... At least they did with us.

Started Wed. finished Fri.

Last edited by L?1; 07-29-2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Left out a word
Old 08-01-2014, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the info guys. I have two companies coming out next week.
aaa foundation service and dawson foundation repair. Hopefully they give me some good news and its not bad. lol...
Old 08-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the average pricing on repairs?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Allied about 6 years ago, used about 9 pillars on one corner of the house, it fixed the gap on the bricks on that side of the house and doors inside all closed good.
Lifetime transferrable warranty on the (whole house) even through issue was only one corner of the house.
2100 sq single story house. $1800 is what I paid. (From memory).
Done in a day.
Best to go with a company that have been in the area for a long time and I perfer small family owned businesses in general vs the john moore shareholder bs companies
U got some good responses here. Remeber lifetime warranty means nothing if the company is here for a few years then folds. GL and do your research and ask questions.
Like u got here word of mouth and actual real world experience mean more then a slick website or salesperson.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn that's cheap. 17 pylons here. 27k
Old 08-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Allied did mine last Jan. Installed 32 new pilings and repaired 14 existing ones. Cost me $7100 and they had it completed in 1 day.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Well I got two estimates. I just need to decide what method to go with. pressed pilings vs bell bottom piers. The pressed pilings are cheaper but I know cheaper is not always better. I going to read up some more about the difference between them. They both told be I need piers on just the front on my house. Both took measures around the house and used a meter around different parts of the house.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Well I got two estimates. I just need to decide what method to go with. pressed pilings vs bell bottom piers. The pressed pilings are cheaper but I know cheaper is not always better. I going to read up some more about the difference between them. They both told be I need piers on just the front on my house. Both took measures around the house and used a meter around different parts of the house.
I have used AAA foundation on my last home which they did 13 pilings. They did 9 pilings on my current home. Both were perimeter. They did a great job both times and completed the work in one day. They also offer the lifetime transferable warranty.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I jinxed myself reading this post. I bought my house last Halloween and had the kitchen completely redone. I noticed a small Crack in my new tile and it slowly grew. I called the tile guy last week and he said I have a foundation issue. Allied came out and said 4800 for 24 piers all around the perimeter of the sides and front. Du west is coming out this week for a second opinion but I'm ready to get allied in here to fix it before I have any sheet rock or door issues
Old 08-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Du-West is a great company. I would definitely get an opinion from them. Also, Sam Zanto @ Mission Concrete (713-539-3555) is a very honest, solid guy. Wouldn't hurt to talk to him as well.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
I jinxed myself reading this post. I bought my house last Halloween and had the kitchen completely redone. I noticed a small Crack in my new tile and it slowly grew. I called the tile guy last week and he said I have a foundation issue. Allied came out and said 4800 for 24 piers all around the perimeter of the sides and front. Du west is coming out this week for a second opinion but I'm ready to get allied in here to fix it before I have any sheet rock or door issues
That sucks. When I bought my current house I had to do 9 piers or pillings on one side and a corner. luckily I knew when I bought it it needed to be done. Do your home work and get a few bids and compare what each company wants to do. I had one company come out and they said I needed piers all the way around the back side of my house. Like 24 piers. The other 4 that came out all ranged between 7 and 10 piers. said that guys was crazy. That guy also wouldn't leave me the sheet showing the measurement every one else did. The guy that wanted to do 24 was the only one that had time to come out during my inspection period. Go figure..
Old 09-01-2014, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
24 piers for $4800 is cheap they are usually about 280-300 a pier for exterior perimeter piers I think I paid like 2900 for 9.

Quick Reply: Foundation repair in Houston