Just Watched One Of The Best Documentaries Ever About Natural Gas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen that before. He makes some good points but fails to point out the good from natural gas. Here in the south if you want to contribute to stop natural gas drilling shut you main breaker off to your house and go without electricity. Our plants don't run off coal like up north so we use gas. I could go on forever about it.

Sorry you got me ranting now

DRILL DRILL DRILL!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Cause we are here to talk about our cars not your political standings. If you want to spread cow **** like this please do it on seatstaysup.com
Dude chill, how old are you? Grow up a bit.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kelso1
I've seen that before. He makes some good points but fails to point out the good from natural gas. Here in the south if you want to contribute to stop natural gas drilling shut you main breaker off to your house and go without electricity. Our plants don't run off coal like up north so we use gas. I could go on forever about it.

Sorry you got me ranting now

DRILL DRILL DRILL!!!!

Damn, When did Texas switch to all gas power plants? I'm sitting in one of these nonexistant coal fired plants you speak of as I type this. And there is 5 more large coal fired units within 50 miles of me that I can think of right now. Gas units in Texas are made to pick up the extra load when electricity use spikes through out the day then they are put to bed till they are needed again. Coal plants are base load use and arnt made to swing like the gas units your talking about.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Allways_Lost
Damn, When did Texas switch to all gas power plants? I'm sitting in one of these nonexistant coal fired plants you speak of as I type this. And there is 5 more large coal fired units within 50 miles of me that I can think of right now. Gas units in Texas are made to pick up the extra load when electricity use spikes through out the day then they are put to bed till they are needed again. Coal plants are base load use and arnt made to swing like the gas units your talking about.
2006 Stats (Renewable should be higher now due to the wind farms)
# Natural Gas: 49.0%
# Coal: 36.5%
# Nuclear: 10.3%
# All Other Renewable Energy Sources: 2.0%

Would love to see nuclear 50%+ with coal at the bottom. Coal is probably the dirtiest electric generation out of the list. For some odd reason nuclear is one of things conservative / liberals join to hate on.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Teching In

I work for a large oil field company and every day our team of HSE people try and find new ways of making drilling environmental friendly. Take a look at how far we have come since we first started drilling. America needs oil and gas and until someone can find a substitute for drilling thin I don’t think they should complain.

What powered this guys car?, what heats his house?, were does his energy come from? At this point and time we cannot survive without the oil and gas industry. there are bigger problems out their like our economy.