Anyone have connections with Dyn-Corp, Fluor or KBR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Anyone have connections with Dyn-Corp, Fluor or KBR?

I am worried about school tuition and was thinking about getting back over to Iraq or Afghanistan, but my recruiter is no longer there, and those who know - know that you need an IN when it comes to LOGCAP jobs.

Does anyone here work for one of the BIG 3 and if so can you hook me up with your recruiters #!?

If I get a contract, I will hook you up with some sweet $$$$

DM
Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Teching In

http://houston-imports.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=599485
Old 12-30-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last I heard (nov 2010) KBR is down sizing. I uncle just got back from overseas and they notified everybody they were down sizing. So now there is alot of brown nosers just trying to keep their jobs. He is lucky, he has been employed with KBR for the past 7 almost 8 years. Also check out a company called FMIT. They pay just as good, compensate for training, food, gas and hotels. They have state side jobs and some overseas. good luck
Old 01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Banned

Thanks for all the info guys, I will looking into the links!!!

As for KBR down sizing, that may be in just certain theaters like Afghanistan. A lot of the infrastructure is converting from a military to a civilian presence.

Now what they could be doing, which started to get popular when I was in theater, is they like to hire 3rd world national instead of U.S. contractors because it is cheaper

DM

DM
Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Have you tried L3 communications? I don't know if they offer LOGCAP jobs but thats who I work for and I'm currently in Iraq. I don't know if I can give you much help though because L3 just took over the LCCS contract from Dyncorp on Dec 1st.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of jobs are these?
And how can i get my self into one?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
I am worried about school tuition and was thinking about getting back over to Iraq or Afghanistan, but my recruiter is no longer there, and those who know - know that you need an IN when it comes to LOGCAP jobs.

Does anyone here work for one of the BIG 3 and if so can you hook me up with your recruiters #!?

DM
I work for aerotek and have a connect with mantech and honeywell..what kind of jobs you looking for LOGCAP is a boad area.... I'm leaving next week so you might want ot tell me somethign quick
Old 01-02-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

DM
I work for aerotek and have a connect with mantech and honeywell..what kind of jobs you looking for LOGCAP is a boad area.... I'm leaving next week so you might want ot tell me something quick

Oh yea do you have a passport in hand and a security clearance
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
Have you tried L3 communications? I don't know if they offer LOGCAP jobs but thats who I work for and I'm currently in Iraq. I don't know if I can give you much help though because L3 just took over the LCCS contract from Dyncorp on Dec 1st.

Originally Posted by old93camaro
I work for aerotek and have a connect with mantech and honeywell..what kind of jobs you looking for LOGCAP is a boad area.... I'm leaving next week so you might want ot tell me something quick

Oh yea do you have a passport in hand and a security clearance

My main background is management, no degree, but years of experience. When I was with KBR, I worked the DEFAC and Logistics, not too crazy. I don't care what it is that I do there, hell warehouseman would be sweet right about now, I just want to get back over cuz I LOVE it there

I was a personal bodyguard in Miami, but of course all those conditions where nothing like what would be in theaters so I'm sure that would be moot. GOD how I would love to do some Black Water ****, but that would never happen, lol...

Yes I do have my passport and had a D.O.D. clearance; I always lived on the base so i was privy to a lot of sensitive logistics and materials.

I would love to live in city and off base, just to get more into the mix of things, lol, but not sure how those type of situations / companies work; do they pay for room, board and food? All I know, or at least was told, is you can at least carry a weapon, where as all we had with KBR was a hat and flack, oh..... and useless NBC gear

Deff let me know what is aval,

DM
Old 01-03-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

My main background is management, no degree, but years of experience. When I was with KBR, I worked the DEFAC and Logistics, not too crazy. I don't care what it is that I do there, hell warehouseman would be sweet right about now, I just want to get back over cuz I LOVE it there

I was a personal bodyguard in Miami, but of course all those conditions where nothing like what would be in theaters so I'm sure that would be moot. GOD how I would love to do some Black Water ****, but that would never happen, lol...

Yes I do have my passport and had a D.O.D. clearance; I always lived on the base so i was privy to a lot of sensitive logistics and materials.

I would love to live in city and off base, just to get more into the mix of things, lol, but not sure how those type of situations / companies work; do they pay for room, board and food? All I know, or at least was told, is you can at least carry a weapon, where as all we had with KBR was a hat and flack, oh..... and useless NBC gear

Deff let me know what is aval,

DM
I'm not sure if you want to go make some money or play army? But if you want to make some money like 6 figures than you want have a gun and do all that stuff you are talking about, you live on base with the soldiers and the rest of the people. Im talking about you going to afghanistan, everything is free as far as food and room and board, you use the military hospital if you get sick. We have a lot of logistics, mechanic and warehouse jobs so i need to know what you are looking for so i can direct you in the right area..
Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

I'm not sure if you want to go make some money or play army? But if you want to make some money like 6 figures than you want have a gun and do all that stuff you are talking about, you live on base with the soldiers and the rest of the people. Im talking about you going to afghanistan, everything is free as far as food and room and board, you use the military hospital if you get sick. We have a lot of logistics, mechanic and warehouse jobs so i need to know what you are looking for so i can direct you in the right area..
Yeah when I was in theater, I was making a nice 6 figure income @ 80% tax free IIRC and was living on the base, but I heard you make more if you're out in the city, however, it is much more dangerous, something I am not concerned about.

I enjoined the DEFAC position, but any type of management / HR would be cool, or even a warehouse spot; I just need to get back over to make some school $$$

Thanks for all you're willing to help with Bro!

DM
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

send me your resume and i'll send it to some people i know and get back with you.. don't include your SSN#.. send to checkmate1872@gmail.com
Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

send me your resume and i'll send it to some people i know and get back with you.. don't include your SSN#.. send to checkmate1872@gmail.com
Will do Bro, thanks!!!

DM
Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flour took over the KBR contract in Afghanistan late last year. I have a good friend over there right now. Been there 2 1/2 years and due back this June. Hopefully for good. Good luck, I would not want to do it.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
Flour took over the KBR contract in Afghanistan late last year. I have a good friend over there right now. Been there 2 1/2 years and due back this June. Hopefully for good. Good luck, I would not want to do it.
Yeah I heard... I was in Bagram on my first contract and it was too nice there, lol... Being that it was an Air Force base, it get you all comfy and then when you go to something like Kandahar or Djibouti, a Marine base, you're in hell, lol...

But then again, I had an IED planted 12 feet from my hooch a few months into my stay, lol, so it had its good times

DM
Old 01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Banned

Still looking for a hook up

DM
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a lot of horrible information in this thread.... LOL
Old 01-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Banned

From my understanding, KBR has moved out of all theaters except Iraq, and DC took over the Afghanistan location, but not sure about Fluor and what they got. I want Iraq!

DM
Old 01-20-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my understanding, KBR has moved out of all theaters except Iraq, and DC took over the Afghanistan location, but not sure about Fluor and what they got. I want Iraq!

DM
Fluor=North Afghan/Multiple contracts in other places around the world

Dyn=South Afghan/Multiple contracts in other places around the world

KBR=Iraq/Kuwait/Multiple contracts in other places around the world

http://www.texasperformanceevents.co...read.php?t=113

Thread above is A-Z contractors worldwide....a lil taste below

The purpose of this list is to provide you, the working individual, with company names and/or links to potential employment opportunities on an international platform from which we (the working class) may continue to work, amidst a global recession.
Although revised for the second time on 19 Feb 2009 some typographical errors and/or outdated company links may exist.

Thank you in advance for your help with The International Business List™ and good luck

Ae Com
www.aecom.com
Aerospace Corp.
www.aero.org
Accentture Ltd.
www.accenture.com
Affiliated Computer Services Inc.
www.acs-inc.com
Alion Science and Technology Group
www.alionscience.com
American Management Systems
www.ams.com
Anteon International Group
www.anteon.com
Arctic Slope Regional Corp.
www.asrc.com
Arinc Inc.
www.arinc.com
Artel Inc.
www.artelinc.com
AT&T Corp.
www.att.com
Avaya Inc.
www.avaya.com

Last edited by AGRV8D; 01-20-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

Thanks for the list Bro!

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 01-20-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have connections with Dyn-Corp, Fluor or KBR?