F*ck NTB

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*ck NTB

Just got back from NTB for the...4th or 5th time cant remember, for the same problem, which is the car pulls to the right and the steering wheel is tilted to the left and its extremely loose after I took it to them the 2nd time. While I was sitting inside waiting for them to align it I hear some revving and whatnot so I look outside sure enough my car is gone, and I see it fly by on the service road. So he finally comes back still speeding, and pulls up next to me and I had to look away before I knocked that stupid *** smirk off his face. I dont say anything except for, does it drive straight? Of course he says yes...

Im driving about 2 mins, thru several stop signs and what do I hear as I put it in first and start to drive (normally) A NASTY GRIND!!! YAAAY THANKS NTB!! I cant really tell where its comin from sounds/feels like its coming from beneathe me so if id guess Id say the tranny but it does it in 2nd also, I dont think he could **** up 2 gears could he? It doesnt do it all the time depends on how much gas and how quickly I let the clutch out. Near my house I put in 2nd at around 10-15mph and punched it for about half a second (in fear of something breaking) to see it the clutch slipped, it didnt and it also didnt grind so I have no clue wtf it is. Ive never heard this noise before. Oh and it still pulls to the right so I cant even say at least it drives straight!

Needless to say im BEYOND pissed and instead of painting my rims and getting a good nights sleep, Im sitting here writing this ****, mostlikey have a horrible nights sleep before I get to wake up extra early to deal with these retards in the morning who are probaly gunna tell me tough ****. **** NTB everytime Ive taken my car there they didnt fix the problem and only give me more problems.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Launching!

sounds like he broke the tranny mount on your car. fairly easy to replace and very hard to prove that they did it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Next time tell them, they're not allowed to drive your car when you're not in it, and instead of sitting inside stand outside by where your car is being worked on.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I hope to god its something that simple, It was pretty well worn. And I know I wont be able to prove **** I should have recorded him haulin *** in my car.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Next time tell them, they're not allowed to drive your car when you're not in it, and instead of sitting inside stand outside by where your car is being worked on.
Oh they are gunna get every piece of my mind about that ****. I usually always stand out there and watch them, I should have known the one time I dont watch they joyride my car.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, I started doing that back when I had a SUV and a competition stereo setup. I heard them slam the f*ck out of my sub, then two guys that didn't work there(friends of employee's) were trying to open my hatch when I was walking out there. I don't think I've ever been so pissed!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Yep, I started doing that back when I had a SUV and a competition stereo setup. I heard them slam the f*ck out of my sub, then two guys that didn't work there(friends of employee's) were trying to open my hatch when I was walking out there. I don't think I've ever been so pissed!
Ya man Its amazing to me how many people have no respect for other peoples things. They tear it up with little, or probaly no consequences then I get to miss work and pay for the repairs. This is exactly why I hate people.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Teching In

This f*cking sucks! Ive only taken my car to tint shop and to get dyno tuned. My good friend dynoed it, so i didnt care. But i had told the tint place specifically not to drive my car anywhere and wrote mileage down on the ticket! cuz i knew those dumbfucks not only couldnt handle my ****, but also hurt someone else!
Anyways, but why take it to NTB for alignment?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Which NTB branch were you at? I've worked at a couple different ones.

If you were so upset with the service in the first place, why did you go back? Just sayin...

I can probalby hook you up with a very professional alignment for $100. Me doing it myself with you watching and deciding if it's "close enough to spec." I'm just in Ft. Worth, so it's not a far drive...

When I worked at NTB tho, I never saw many test drives in a car, tho I will admit that I saw a few mechanics tilt the alignment heads to make it look like it was in spec so you would be happy.

Hit me up if you're looking for a real alignment. I align BMWs and Mercedes all day.

And as for the "grinding" noise... hopefully it's a gear lash in the tranny. You can shut it up with heavier oil. It happens from the tranny, motor and driveshaft not being in perfect alignment (broken/worn/weak tranny mount). Usually doesn't hurt the tranny in short periods...
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BadBird99
This f*cking sucks! Ive only taken my car to tint shop and to get dyno tuned. My good friend dynoed it, so i didnt care. But i had told the tint place specifically not to drive my car anywhere and wrote mileage down on the ticket! cuz i knew those dumbfucks not only couldnt handle my ****, but also hurt someone else!
Anyways, but why take it to NTB for alignment?
Cuz a guy on here suggested it and I had never been there before figured Id give em a shot...they blew it. I thought I was being to **** by standing out there and watching em all the time, I think thats why I went inside this time, but **** that **** nobody is getting out of my sight with my car. I mean the dude even had his spanish station on the radio!!! Im a whiteboy!! Which means he was more focused blasting the radio and haulin *** acting like he has a badass car then if he did his job right!!! ****** *******.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Which NTB branch were you at? I've worked at a couple different ones.

If you were so upset with the service in the first place, why did you go back? Just sayin...

I can probalby hook you up with a very professional alignment for $100. Me doing it myself with you watching and deciding if it's "close enough to spec." I'm just in Ft. Worth, so it's not a far drive...

When I worked at NTB tho, I never saw many test drives in a car, tho I will admit that I saw a few mechanics tilt the alignment heads to make it look like it was in spec so you would be happy.

Hit me up if you're looking for a real alignment. I align BMWs and Mercedes all day.

And as for the "grinding" noise... hopefully it's a gear lash in the tranny. You can shut it up with heavier oil. It happens from the tranny, motor and driveshaft not being in perfect alignment (broken/worn/weak tranny mount). Usually doesn't hurt the tranny in short periods...
I didnt want to take it back it was a month or two since the last time they had it, but was hoping they would fix their mistake but apparently not, Ive been to one in irving and in grapevine

Im gunna try to get my money back and they damn sure dont have a reason to keep my money....and I might just bring it to you

I dont think he even aligned it the print out he gave me has the "before" specs blank, he said he forgot to save it before he "changed" it but it feels exactly the same and I heard him drive out of the garage way to quick
Old 01-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Launching!

it's not possible to "forget" to save the before specs. You put the alignment heads on, roll compensate the car, set the caster and you have a full reading of the alignment specs. After that, the main key says "save 'before specs'" and when you click that it sends you to "adjust rear camber and toe", which immediately gets skipped on our cars (because of the solid rear axle) and goes to front caster, camber and toe. It's a little tricky getting caster and camber set, but after that, toe is a ****** breeeeeeeze. And the muthafucker is done. Drives straight as an arrow and out of the ump-teenth hundred cars I've aligned, I've only had a handful of "re-checks". "Green" doesn't mean it's in spec to me...
Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone drove the hell out of my car without my permission I would def say something about it.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

it's not possible to "forget" to save the before specs. You put the alignment heads on, roll compensate the car, set the caster and you have a full reading of the alignment specs. After that, the main key says "save 'before specs'" and when you click that it sends you to "adjust rear camber and toe", which immediately gets skipped on our cars (because of the solid rear axle) and goes to front caster, camber and toe. It's a little tricky getting caster and camber set, but after that, toe is a ****** breeeeeeeze. And the muthafucker is done. Drives straight as an arrow and out of the ump-teenth hundred cars I've aligned, I've only had a handful of "re-checks". "Green" doesn't mean it's in spec to me...
I knew he was full of ****!!! He even told me "its in the green its good" goddam I cant wait till tomorrow morning stupid son of a bitch doesnt do his job and breaks my car thats awesome
Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

The ***** that work at NTB figured it right to burn out in my full bolt on/wheatley tuned 5.3 rcsb, pulled it into the shop to plug a tire. Then dog the **** out of the bay, I met the ****** right beside my truck and yelled his head off for about 5 minutes. Wouldnt let him walk away til' I was finished verbally sodomizing him.

2 days later I see one of my CUSTOM wheels (1 of 1) CRACKED. Of course they denied it.

I will never go back.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

You have a warranty, Prolly 90 days.

First call the store you went to and talk to store manager if he is unhelpful, you have no choice but to go above their heads.
You can ask for the Area director' number, the complaint lines number, or email customerservice@tirekingdom.com

I woudl tell whoever you talk to wether it be the area director or the manager you would like to take it to a different NTB to have it redone, the stores are only as good as whos in them.

Ive had great luck with the store in Alrington between Cooper and Collins.
I deal with Robert the store manager and have Robert the mechanic do the alignment.
The are both very competent and knowledgeable. I know for a fact robert has the spreader to do fbodys.

Need any more info PM me.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and tell them the whole situation about him jacking around in the car, messing with the stereo and the new problem and the fact you had to return three times. Start at the store level though, at least give the manager a chance to rectify it before you have his boss coming down on his *** for something he probably didnt even know was going on.

If you dont get the results you want, tell him, if he wont help you then go over his head
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Teching In

One of my "friends" worked for NTB few years ago, and on multiple occasions he would tell me that he wouldnt even bother adjusting cam. or cast. Toe and GO!
umm, ive forgotten to save "before" specs befo. On Hunters, there is a bar on the right side, and if you click on front or rear axle sign, then "save before" option disappears. but thats not the case here.
Ive seen people tilt heads, change specs, push on wheels, whatever it takes to get it into green. but green doesnt mean good- there must be a proper road crown compensation for the car to go straight...
Make sure you dont have a tire pull, and pressure are set right
I feel how pissed of you must be!!! Hey, but lesson learned...
Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man thats messed up, I had them change tires and they scratched the **** out of them, and of course they say it was there before. I will never go back.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
the stores are only as good as whos in them.
Yep, i used to work at an NTB and we always had 1-2 morons that did stuff like that. People like that can be found at any shop though. Talk to one of the managers and they'll more than likely be happy to take care of you.