Big Texas sports moves -NFL- -MLB-

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Defensive players is a must, im thinking maybe a good safety or corner should be our #1 pick. We need help in alot of positions and I think they can make it work if they actually draft the right people, maybe sign 1-2 players for the o-line.
Well there are ALOT of defensive players in the top half of the draft board according to Kipers Top 25. Maybe we can pick up a good CB or OLB to compliment Ware.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Well there are ALOT of defensive players in the top half of the draft board according to Kipers Top 25. Maybe we can pick up a good CB or OLB to compliment Ware.
I think the Cowboys pick up Prince Amukumuru (sp?) to replace Newman if he is available at number 9. If not Jerry can probably trade down to someone who's desperate for a QB. The Boys need to find some safety help as well.

I want to see some splashes in FA as well, but I won't hold me breath.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Wish we could get Fairley from Auburn. Him and Ratliff would be ridiculous, but we do need some DBs in a bad way. How was that corner that got released from the Raiders just yesterday? He had like a 3yr 45 million contract.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda dumb that we won that last game from the eagles. We went from #6 pick to 9
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How was that corner that got released from the Raiders just yesterday? He had like a 3yr 45 million contract.
You'd be dreaming to get that guy with the cap. He arguably the best in the league.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wish we could get Fairley from Auburn. Him and Ratliff would be ridiculous, but we do need some DBs in a bad way. How was that corner that got released from the Raiders just yesterday? He had like a 3yr 45 million contract.
Nnamdi Asomugha, he's pretty good. Raiders will miss him, he is a four year pro bowler. What he lacks in big turnovers he makes up for in open field covering. One of the rare corners who can man up in the nfl and shut top name recievers down. He is also one of the larger corners in the nfl. To describe his type of play, Rex Ryan wants him bad.

Last edited by redz_02; 01-11-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Well damn it the Cowboys need a CB like that. Havent had one in years. The Jets dont need him lol, they already have Revis.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

believe it or not there are alot of CB's this year. It's just really hard to tell b/c all the underclassmen have not declared yet. This would include Patrick Peterson, Janoris Jenkins, Aaron Williams which are all underclassmen that are projected to go in the first round.

I just hope the Texans get Von Miller to help with their switch to the 3-4. Would bring alot of speed to a struggling LB crew.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redz_02
believe it or not there are alot of CB's this year. It's just really hard to tell b/c all the underclassmen have not declared yet. This would include Patrick Peterson, Janoris Jenkins, Aaron Williams which are all underclassmen that are projected to go in the first round.

I just hope the Texans get Von Miller to help with their switch to the 3-4. Would bring alot of speed to a struggling LB crew.
Janoris Jenkins will not be coming out. Prince Amukumura would be the next pick behind Patrick Peterson. Patrick Peterson will be gone by the time the Cowboys pick, but Prince MIGHT still be available. I am hoping to get Prince personally.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like we got a new defensive coordinator. Rex Ryans brother Rob Ryan.....
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Looks like we got a new defensive coordinator. Rex Ryans brother Rob Ryan.....
Yeah man, dont know too much on Rob Ryan. But i do know he was on the defensive staff with Belicheck. So that is a big plus..

I think he was a defensive coach for the raiders.. and the raiders are letting go of Nmadi Asomugha.. Our secondary was ****. So i am pretty sure Jerry will pay him the big bucks.

We should just go and trade newman and barber and get something for them.