Big Texas sports moves -NFL- -MLB-

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Texas sports moves -NFL- -MLB-

Looks like wade is officially locked in for the texans.

Garrett is now officially a head coach.

Rangers picked up Beltre, also signed two other pitchers.

Glad the rangers are making serious moves to improve the team after a good season. I think Houston will be better next year than most people think, most of the problems are defensive and now wade can work on that from day 1 instead of in the middle of camp etc. Im glad the Boys signed Garrett as he had enough experience under him, i almost wish they would sign an OC and relieve garrett of those dutys.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah man, i was sketchy with Garrett at first. But he definitely changed the way the cowboys played. He had the saints beat if not for dumb *** williams fumbling at the 1, and we lost to the eagles by 3, and then by the cards by 3 cuz crackhead buehler missed an extra point.. his 3 losses combined for only a total of 7 points.

I wanted jerry to go after cowher or gruden.. but then again, i think teams are leaning towards the younger assistant coaches/head coaches now.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Its nice to see the Rangers getting some more talent on board.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Yeah man, i was sketchy with Garrett at first. But he definitely changed the way the cowboys played. He had the saints beat if not for dumb *** williams fumbling at the 1, and we lost to the eagles by 3, and then by the cards by 3 cuz crackhead buehler missed an extra point.. his 3 losses combined for only a total of 7 points.

I wanted jerry to go after cowher or gruden.. but then again, i think teams are leaning towards the younger assistant coaches/head coaches now.
Bugle boy kickers mistakes where lead by jerry jones and wade phillips decisions. They knew they needed a fg kicker and in the offseason they didnt get one, as you can see bugle boy rarely kicked it into the endzone this season since he was mixing to much work and bragging about his strength to much.

I think Garrett is ready to lead a team for awhile, he was around an allstar cast of talented and outspoken people as a player, Jimmy johnson genius head coach, bill parcells, and a decent defensive coordinator to learn some things from.

I hope the mavericks can pick up one more scorer and they can be in the hunt for a ring again, they finally have bigs but now we have injuries.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you can recall Adrian Beltre but you can't recall Brandon Webb. He won the Cy young in 06 and was the runner up in 07 and 08. Come on man.

Last edited by redz_02; 01-07-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

The rangers needed a good #1 or #2 starter and didn't get it. Webb is a risk, low cost and the best kind, but still no guarantee. Beltre was a mistake. Paying that Guy that kinda money, when he is known as a contract year batter. He's good defense and average as far as "power" hitters go. Not worth the money. Rangers offseason is disappointing.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Launching!

yeah but hell beltre did bad *** for my red sox had they not had so many injuries they would have most def made playoffs. lotta changes with my boston sports too. pats ditch moss and maroney and pick up branch and woodhead. great ******* move. sox signed carl crawford. celts got shaq. its all good in the hood.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Launching!

but back to the topic i think garrett will be ok need a new kicker though......
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
The rangers needed a good #1 or #2 starter and didn't get it. Webb is a risk, low cost and the best kind, but still no guarantee. Beltre was a mistake. Paying that Guy that kinda money, when he is known as a contract year batter. He's good defense and average as far as "power" hitters go. Not worth the money. Rangers offseason is disappointing.
Yeah, he's had his one great year with Boston. Struggled with the Seatle for his tenure there though. One thing he does bring for sure is a glove. This combo will give the rangers one of the best left infields in baseball. Batting wise, they are projecting him to be between Josh and Nelly. With this combo projections are high.

I do however love the Webb move b/c he has been good with the exception of his injury last year. Berrett Loux is another up and comer that I have high hopes for. Then again that could just be my Aggie side talking.

I also hope Taylor T steps it up. Loosing Ben Molina was huge, people don't realize what he did for the pitchers all season. I played catcher in D1 ball, and there is alot that rests on the skill and experience of a catcher. Rangers have been struggling to find one since Pudge , eventhough he had his short apperance 2 years ago.

For the Cowgirls, I say trade Homo and start Mcgee. Bigger, faster, stronger, and he is more of a team player on a team full of pre-madonas.

Last edited by redz_02; 01-07-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Bugle boy kickers mistakes where lead by jerry jones and wade phillips decisions. They knew they needed a fg kicker and in the offseason they didnt get one, as you can see bugle boy rarely kicked it into the endzone this season since he was mixing to much work and bragging about his strength to much.

I think Garrett is ready to lead a team for awhile, he was around an allstar cast of talented and outspoken people as a player, Jimmy johnson genius head coach, bill parcells, and a decent defensive coordinator to learn some things from.
Yup! You know damn well Jimmy Johnson already has given Garret valuable advice and who to cut for being garbage. I also think Garrett will do good. He knows the amount of pressure that will be on him next season (if there isnt a lockout). He went 5-3 with a backup and 3rd string QB and 3-4 string WR playing as everybody was banged up.

I call Buehler ****** Ray Finkle..LACES OUT!! That **** has a strong leg but is inaccurate as ****. He really wasnt a FG kicker to begin with.

I want to see us get rid of Dave Campos sorry ***. That guy is our secondary coach and sucks. The same coach that got us 3 5-11 seasons, and the guy that was the defense cordinator when Randy Moss torched the cowboys all day on thanksgiving.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redz_02
Yeah, he's had his one great year with Boston. Struggled with the Seatle for his tenure there though. One thing he does bring for sure is a glove. This combo will give the rangers one of the best left infields in baseball. Batting wise, they are projecting him to be between Josh and Nelly. With this combo projections are high.

I do however love the Webb move b/c he has been good with the exception of his injury last year. Berrett Loux is another up and comer that I have high hopes for. Then again that could just be my Aggie side talking.

I also hope Taylor T steps it up. Loosing Ben Molina was huge, people don't realize what he did for the pitchers all season. I played catcher in D1 ball, and there is alot that rests on the skill and experience of a catcher. Rangers have been struggling to find one since Pudge , eventhough he had his short apperance 2 years ago.

For the Cowgirls, I say trade Homo and start Mcgee. Bigger, faster, stronger, and he is more of a team player on a team full of pre-madonas.

Beltre's defense isnt worth the average hitting and high price he brings to the table. And what about clubhouse effects of moving young again? I know they are all "happy" now, but who knows. Plus, now you are over paying young and beltre, and you realy didnt make that big of an improvement. New ownership was just desperate to make a big splash after losing Lee, so they got the left overs of big fish free agency. They should have focused their attention on trading for a top rotation starter. Garza would have been a better move both on the field and in the papers. He would have cost less and greatly helped the team, but he is off the table now too.

The Rangers are a funny bunch. They are going into the season with alot of hefty assumptions. They assume all the kids that kinda overachieved will do the same again. They assume C.J. will be that good again. They assume kinsler will regain his power from a couple years ago. Webb will be their top of the rotation answer, ect. Their rotation has holes, they are unproven at catcher and first base, and i dont see the kids in the bullpen all working out again, or the two old men they have to anchor it(rhodes and oliver).
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
Beltre's defense isnt worth the average hitting and high price he brings to the table. And what about clubhouse effects of moving young again? I know they are all "happy" now, but who knows. Plus, now you are over paying young and beltre, and you realy didnt make that big of an improvement. New ownership was just desperate to make a big splash after losing Lee, so they got the left overs of big fish free agency. They should have focused their attention on trading for a top rotation starter. Garza would have been a better move both on the field and in the papers. He would have cost less and greatly helped the team, but he is off the table now too.

The Rangers are a funny bunch. They are going into the season with alot of hefty assumptions. They assume all the kids that kinda overachieved will do the same again. They assume C.J. will be that good again. They assume kinsler will regain his power from a couple years ago. Webb will be their top of the rotation answer, ect. Their rotation has holes, they are unproven at catcher and first base, and i dont see the kids in the bullpen all working out again, or the two old men they have to anchor it(rhodes and oliver).
Then again the rotation has always had holes. The Rangers have struggled with pitching for years. As for Rhodes, I hope he does good and brings some experience to the bullpen. Funny thing was, I thought Rhodes retired already. I'm 30 and I remember watching him pitch when I was in middleschool. He's on the verge of pitching in 3 generations.

I also think the Beltre move had alot to do with keeping him off the Angels roster. If it helps, I was also Pro Matt Garza, but they just didn't seem interested. There were also a number of solid relievers available along with solid DH players. Hell we already have one old guy, why not pick up Jim Thome, or "gulp" Manny. There were alot of solid free agents.

Anyways, can't wait till March 31st win or lose.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

So you can recall Adrian Beltre but you can't recall Brandon Webb. He won the Cy young in 06 and was the runner up in 07 and 08. Come on man.
This is a sports thread so bring it.

Im not counting on Webb, he just came back from Surgery and could be a big hit or miss, I assume the nolan, maddox and the pitching staff know what they are doing so lets hope for the best.

Originally Posted by jb7241986
but back to the topic i think garrett will be ok need a new kicker though......
We aquired one, Kris Brown.

McGee showed us he is good at running, he needs alot of work. Romo will def be the guy for a year or two unless he just falls apart big.

Mitch was a big hitter in almost all the post season games so I hope he can become great, his non playoff stuff was bad but I dont think he hadnt gottten the start much till the end of the season.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kris Brown, that is far from a Big Texas Sports move.

Didn't you know, every time Kris Brown is mentioned a Houston fan dies? (self inflicted)

Last edited by redz_02; 01-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is a sports thread so bring it.

McGee showed us he is good at running, he needs alot of work. Romo will def be the guy for a year or two unless he just falls apart big.
I definitely liked what i seen from stephen mcgee. The guy came up clutch twice in the only 2 games he played. The nice deep throw to miles in the cards game, and then clutch with less than 2 minutes left and 0 timeouts.

Mcgee did something Tony Romo doesnt seem to do anymore? Scramble! Mcgee took off on crucial downs and ran for a first each time and crazy guy dove for the first downs!! Romo seems to just want to be a pocket QB. Nothing wrong with that, but Romo is dangerous on the run.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Yup! You know damn well Jimmy Johnson already has given Garret valuable advice and who to cut for being garbage. I also think Garrett will do good. He knows the amount of pressure that will be on him next season (if there isnt a lockout). He went 5-3 with a backup and 3rd string QB and 3-4 string WR playing as everybody was banged up.

I call Buehler ****** Ray Finkle..LACES OUT!! That **** has a strong leg but is inaccurate as ****. He really wasnt a FG kicker to begin with.

I want to see us get rid of Dave Campos sorry ***. That guy is our secondary coach and sucks. The same coach that got us 3 5-11 seasons, and the guy that was the defense cordinator when Randy Moss torched the cowboys all day on thanksgiving.
I agree, I hope we use our top pick for a bad *** Secondary player or something. Our secondary has gone down hill. We need that shutdown corner. Thats just my opinion tho haha and maybe somebody else to compliment D Ware on the other side would be good too.

What do yall think they need to do with their first selection?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
I agree, I hope we use our top pick for a bad *** Secondary player or something. Our secondary has gone down hill. We need that shutdown corner. Thats just my opinion tho haha and maybe somebody else to compliment D Ware on the other side would be good too.

What do yall think they need to do with their first selection?
Defensive players is a must, im thinking maybe a good safety or corner should be our #1 pick. We need help in alot of positions and I think they can make it work if they actually draft the right people, maybe sign 1-2 players for the o-line.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

Defensive players is a must, im thinking maybe a good safety or corner should be our #1 pick. We need help in alot of positions and I think they can make it work if they actually draft the right people, maybe sign 1-2 players for the o-line.
There was an article on bleacher report where it said that JJ was gonna do some serious house cleaning of alot of the veterans. Might be just rumors but who knows.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

There was an article on bleacher report where it said that JJ was gonna do some serious house cleaning of alot of the veterans. Might be just rumors but who knows.
I think its true, im not sure if keith brooking, t newman, or a few others are going to be on the roster for training camp.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

If this is true than I feel sorry for Cowboys fans. Not because they are loosing all their experienced players, but b/c it shows that JJ is still running the team rather than the coaches.