Deer Park Muffler RANT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
not cool at all to see your experience with him. i put Mark in his place a while back and never had a issue with him since. most of the time ive seen him do business he acted like he was doing you a favor. gotta make it clear your $$ doesnt equal a favor its strictly business.
Ya thats the way he makes it seem.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Had a run-in with them a while back. I wanted something done and knew what I wanted, he tried to talk me into something else that I absolutely did not want, cough(flowmaster) cough, also was doing longtube headers and he tried to convince me that long tubes didn't make power over factory manifolds.

I basically asked if he wanted to do the work and make some money and he evidently didn't, so I took my business elsewhere. I've never been back to his shop either and never will.

On a side note Shackleford, for that exhaust rattle, check the heat shields between the body and exhaust. On my 2000 TA, the shields popped loose and I had to pop-rivet them together, car sounded like a ****-can the way it rattled.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lmao, when I had my 93 I asked him to weld up my the cats that my uncle didnt weld for ****...he told me to go to meineke also but it was early and he had no other customers so he did it anyway

Had them put the catback on my 02 that the previous owner cut off, it was good for a day then started clunkin on the axle...take it back to them they raise it up and put 2 tack welds to keep it where it slides on to the resonator...needless to say the welds broke and the axle was bangin on it again...at least he gave me a good price
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by v8sten
hey go to lonestar muffler on 35. i believe the tall tattoo'd guy who used to work for mark works there
I believe his name is Eric, pretty cool guy. As far as Mark is concerned, he is a bit of a dick, he has good days and bad days more to the extreme from what i've seen, but the man does badass work. I've been going to him since 2000 and he's always had top notch work.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
I believe his name is Eric, pretty cool guy. As far as Mark is concerned, he is a bit of a dick, he has good days and bad days more to the extreme from what i've seen, but the man does badass work. I've been going to him since 2000 and he's always had top notch work.
Well with me, you be a dick once and i'll never go again.

Thats the same with anything. My money pays YOU, so if you be a dick, be broke. Dont matter to me.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KidFromThePast
Well with me, you be a dick once and i'll never go again.

Thats the same with anything. My money pays YOU, so if you be a dick, be broke. Dont matter to me.
I'm the same way, if I have to pay some one and listen to them complain, then they shouldn't do the work in the first place. I work for the money I have, not going to be beg people to take it. You don't want to do it, fine.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Teching In

i agree with the others that said it, Mark seems to think he is doing you a favor.. last time i went there he had a attitude then didnt even do the work himself, had his 18-20 year old helper do it.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I'm the same way, if I have to pay some one and listen to them complain, then they shouldn't do the work in the first place. I work for the money I have, not going to be beg people to take it. You don't want to do it, fine.
Couldn't have said it any better Neil!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Yea eric is the new owner at lonestar, most of the staff is the same. At least they were the last time I was there about 2 years ago. They know their **** and it's reasonably priced.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Well I know where I'm not going when it comes time. Where you at in la porte kid from past. I've seen you around I think
Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Had a run-in with them a while back. I wanted something done and knew what I wanted, he tried to talk me into something else that I absolutely did not want, cough(flowmaster) cough, also was doing longtube headers and he tried to convince me that long tubes didn't make power over factory manifolds.
not only is the guy a asshat, but also a dumbass too. i would have left right there and then.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by drago1217
Well I know where I'm not going when it comes time. Where you at in la porte kid from past. I've seen you around I think
Sylvan beach area. Im the assistant manager at O'Reillys right my LPHS. I hooked lawhorn up when he came in.

I give tech members discounts.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Nice ill pop in soon
Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KidFromThePast
Sylvan beach area. Im the assistant manager at O'Reillys right my LPHS. I hooked lawhorn up when he came in.

I give tech members discounts.
sweet!

but back onto the original post.
I quit going to Mark years ago, as mentioned he's a dick, and I was always taking my rides back to him for leaks.. and as mentioned before also when I was putting LT's on and needed a whole new system he tried to talk me out of it, and saying I was going to gain much with the newer cars..
Old school he knows.. but the newer stuff coming in, if he cant put a flowmaster on it, he doesn't want to deal with it.

I go to Eric at Precision Muffler right off of 146N in between Fairmont, and Spencer. Never had a problem from him... and does nice work.. now if you need something shady, I hear Lonestar is the place to go.

BTW,,
was that you cruising down Fairmont yesterday?? about 5:30pm??
Old 01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Launching!

I guess it's from experiences like these, but I hate getting exhaust work done. I either get half-welds that look like a bunch of grapes, somebody that knows what I want on my car more than I do, or they act like I just asked them to weld the heat tiles on my space shuttle. It's just ******* PIPES, man. Put 'em where I want 'em, and don't try to charge me 3 times what it's worth.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
9 Second Club

Man I hate to hear bad thing come from a local business. I personally have never had a problem with mark but I always dealt with him personally, not his minions. Eric is the guys name at Lonestar Muffler, I just couldn't remember it, he does bad@$$ exhaust work. He did a few of my vehicles in the past when he worked at Deer Park Muffler. But like i said earlier, I hate to hear this, but it is what it is.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I had 4 systems built there, but the most recent was back in 2001. I never had any problems with him back then. Sucks to hear this though......like someone else said, its hard to find good shops anymore.

You said you were in LP, there is a place my in-laws take their old Mopars to right off 146 and Spencer....I want to say its Precision.....might give them a call.....
Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

Yea he did the exhaust work on my car, was a PIA getting him to do what I wanted. Has no respect for customers, I won't ever take a car there again.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
sweet!

but back onto the original post.
I quit going to Mark years ago, as mentioned he's a dick, and I was always taking my rides back to him for leaks.. and as mentioned before also when I was putting LT's on and needed a whole new system he tried to talk me out of it, and saying I was going to gain much with the newer cars..
Old school he knows.. but the newer stuff coming in, if he cant put a flowmaster on it, he doesn't want to deal with it.

I go to Eric at Precision Muffler right off of 146N in between Fairmont, and Spencer. Never had a problem from him... and does nice work.. now if you need something shady, I hear Lonestar is the place to go.

BTW,,
was that you cruising down Fairmont yesterday?? about 5:30pm??

Haha.. you have the license plate that says "SIC SS" ?

Yeah that was me. Bottle pressure was low, so I didnt wanna play.. I figured you posted on here. Nice to meet you

I ended up going to Precision. We deal with those guys on a daily basis for parts so he gave me a good deal, and set me up when I wanted a full exhaust done. Real cool guy. I told him about the Deer Park muffler incident and he laughed and said he's heard simular stories.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the **** install on my Gt500 they lost my business. $50K car with 75 miles with a melted back bumper after a axle back install.... F U dp muffler

Quick Reply: Deer Park Muffler RANT!