Deer Park Muffler RANT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:11 AM
AGH
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had several of my rides done at Deer Park muffler and his work is really good. I guess I have been lucky each time and caught him in good moods, because he never acted stupid with me.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Yeah one of my buddies from work always preaches about him so I took my car there to get some work done, needless to say I will never go there again.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KidFromThePast
Haha.. you have the license plate that says "SIC SS" ?

Yeah that was me. Bottle pressure was low, so I didnt wanna play.. I figured you posted on here. Nice to meet you

I ended up going to Precision. We deal with those guys on a daily basis for parts so he gave me a good deal, and set me up when I wanted a full exhaust done. Real cool guy. I told him about the Deer Park muffler incident and he laughed and said he's heard simular stories.
Yeah Nice to meet you as well.. Car looked good.
Eric is a real good guy.. I started going to him after my run in with Mark over at Deer Park Muffler..
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
Yeah Nice to meet you as well.. Car looked good.
Eric is a real good guy.. I started going to him after my run in with Mark over at Deer Park Muffler..
Yeah.. Im sure I'll be doing business with him again when it comes time for full 3 inch.

He quoted me a decent price for it so I just need the funds. I keep spending money on dumb crap I dont need.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

I've never really ever had any work done by anyone else besides mark. He is a disgruntled man but I've never had an issue with him. I worked with his brother for years and was told raising his worthless son ruined him.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

I took my car to Muff-if Muffler in League City. A loose clip or something was causing the rattle. They also discovered the trac bar was broken. Not sure what that is. The guy said the transmission mount twisted a bit - something about the rubber not moving if the transmission is torqued. IDK. They did it for free.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have been going to DP Muffler since like 98. Never had an issue, and they have worked on my stangs, vette, trucks and a couple fbodys... alot of the time, if it was simple, he would do it for free. I also have used FMG in Crosby, and Ricks Lone Star Muffler in pasadena.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
i have been going to DP Muffler since like 98. Never had an issue, and they have worked on my stangs, vette, trucks and a couple fbodys... alot of the time, if it was simple, he would do it for free. I also have used FMG in Crosby, and Ricks Lone Star Muffler in pasadena.
Fmg is crosby gets my vote. great prices
Old 01-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Ya I've had great experience with FMG in Crosby as well, great guys to deal with over there...
Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had very similiar issues as the OP and have been using FMG ever since. Mike and Derrick at FMG are racers and motor heads like us. They do awesome work and will make sure you are satisfied with no attitude. They will not make you feel like you are inconveniencing them like some shops.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Deer Park Muffler RANT!