Got a DUI in Missouri help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You all for the advice even the HIGHLY OPINIONATED ones .
I agree that if you even drink moderately driving is not a goos idea .
Same can be said for those who have high preformance vehicals that choose to race them on plublic road ways .
Old 01-17-2011, 04:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
All of you judges really need to give it a rest and STFU.

This guy blew .03. He was hardly drunk. It's not like he drank 20 beers, date raped a chick, went street racing then hit a family of 5 returning home from church head-on.
This is so wrong...how am I supposed to be able to get it up after 20 beers?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Launching!

hi
the license will be suspended if convicted. he can ask for a jury trial and represent himself in court no additional cost or penalty to him. they do offer a provisional license under certain circumstances.when you sign for your license you agree to implied consent laws. if i can assist just email. the reading is pretty low but there could be other factors we do not know.
have a blessed day.
captain jim
Old 01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

question: in tx if you get pulled over after having a beer (under the limit) what should you say/do etc... to not self incriminate?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mondols1
question: in tx if you get pulled over after having a beer (under the limit) what should you say/do etc... to not self incriminate?
I wonder that too. Sometimes, I'll have one beer with a full meal and drive an hour later.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
***Repost Police***

If you know without a doubt that you are under the legal limit (like one beer with dinner), and you have all your faculties about you, there is no problem telling an officer just that. I got pulled over a little over a year ago, after going out for a friend's birthday. The officer asked me if I had had anything to drink, and I told him the truth; that I had 3 beers over the course of 2 hours. When he gave me my license/insurance back, he thanked me for telling the truth and drinking responsibly. And this was only a couple months after I had gotten off probation. Don't let police intimidate you when you know you are fully within your legal rights, just make sure you know how to judge that.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

i guess i'm confussed on how this works. i alsways just thought that if an individual blew over the legal limit he got arressted for dwi and if you were below that limit amount you were ok. but if prior posts are correct you could recieve a dui for blowing anything that registers on the meter regardless of how low. so, heres an example: you have 1 beer with dinner and get pulled over for a broken tail light. cop asks you if you had anything to drink, you say yes sir, i had one beer. so if he has had a bad day he could have you blow and hit you with a dui if anything registers at all?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
***Repost Police***

He *could* do that, but pulling stunts like that could get a police officer fired. It's always up the officer's discretion, and lying about drinking when they can smell it on your breath just gives them probable cause.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

I always thought you could only get a ticket for blowing "under" the limit if you got in a car accident?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
***Repost Police***

You can. It's up to the discretion of the officer.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Hi once again,
telling the truth is of the greatest importance!!!!!!!!if you tell a little story/lie -you can be charged with making a false statement and that will hurt your chances considerably of getting a break. The truth is always best!
The officer has discretionary ability which means arrest or let you go.
I never charged anyone with the level listed .03. However, it can happen. This would be hard to prove in court ..each persons tolerance to alcohol is different and some use prescription medication which causes a synergistic effect. This means one (1)beer could equal four(4) or more and you could be under the influence. We also take into effect other illect drugs and their use. the law takes into consideration all of these factors. have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

I don't get why anyone in their right mind would make it even more public that they disregarded other human life and drove intoxicated.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

i'm not a expert on the measurement of what exactly constitutes someone being intoxicated but the op said he had two beers over a 2 hr period and blew a .030, if thats right i doubt that .030 is going to put someone in a state of intoxication.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 AM
***Repost Police***

In general, it takes a ~180lb man about 5 beers in one hour to get to .08.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jim ravencraft
Hi once again,
telling the truth is of the greatest importance!!!!!!!!if you tell a little story/lie -you can be charged with making a false statement and that will hurt your chances considerably of getting a break. The truth is always best!
The officer has discretionary ability which means arrest or let you go.
I never charged anyone with the level listed .03. However, it can happen. This would be hard to prove in court ..each persons tolerance to alcohol is different and some use prescription medication which causes a synergistic effect. This means one (1)beer could equal four(4) or more and you could be under the influence. We also take into effect other illect drugs and their use. the law takes into consideration all of these factors. have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, but that "discretion" can change your life, for the worse. When, according to law, the OP did nothing wrong. Not much incentive to volunteer that I had a few beers to someone who you really can't trust. Ive come to the conclusion that some cops are human, some aren't. But the problem is they all look the same.

Breathalyzers are not accurate machines. I have seen a before mouthwash printout and an after, from the same breathalyzer. The machine blipped a very small alcohol reading. Plus, who is in charge of calibration of those machines? And I think they should have to show you the calibration date before they railroad (No refusal bullshit) you into using it.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Teching In

When i took an AA class they told us you could refuse to blow without your lawyer present. This way your lawyer shows up at the last possible minute the next day and hopefully by then you blow .00000. If you blow and it registers anything they use a formula of the average rate your body expells alcohol to calculate your BAC at the time you were stopped. I've always wondered if this would work.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

prob a bad idea to be posting on here that you were dui.
people dont take that kindly in these parts!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't see how it matters at all...
Old 01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
prob a bad idea to be posting on here that you were dui.
people dont take that kindly in these parts!
Loud mouth hypocrites, usually. Same people probably drive after drinking cold medicine. Or after taking pain/anxiety pills, or falling asleep at the wheel.

DUI is such a bullshit charge. Just as arbitrary as a PI.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** i text while driving drunk lol...ok ok not funny.

Im just sayin in the past, when posts like this come up...it usually turns in to a flamefest.
This is a CAR FORUM...any one of the members here can possibly fall victim to drunk drivers...hell i know its happened before. Its not pretty. people lose family members and best friends...what do you expect when you get on here and openly admit to dui. I dont know...im not tryin to be the "judge". We all know its illegal to drink and drive. Just like it is to speed...if you get cought then you have to pay. good luck