The American War Machine

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
no the fact that you think since we have more firepower and better trained soldiers we are pretty much unstoppable.
thats what the russians thought when they invaded and got their asses handed to them and pulled out after 9 years.
keep in mind this is cold war russia, that gave the US a run for its $ in terms of power and intimidation.
what youre missing is context. you cannot really compare a ragtag group of insurgents to the soviet union. and the only reason the russians gave up was because the afghans were being funded and trained by the United States, Saudi Arabia, and several other countries. without such help, they undoubtedly would have failed.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
what youre missing is context. you cannot really compare a ragtag group of insurgents to the soviet union. and the only reason the russians gave up was because the afghans were being funded and trained by the United States, Saudi Arabia, and several other countries. without such help, they undoubtedly would have failed.
How would we win without taking the steps necessary to win???? You're asking the military to do the impossible... win without really trying.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by acertx
They do destroy opium fields...
http://english.ruvr.ru/2010/03/26/5688087.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32988116...d_news-europe/

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/wo...a/21marja.html

http://rt.com/politics/afghan-drugs-war-osmani/

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62R0QH20100328
Old 01-21-2011, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Well thank you Obama. /Sarcasm
Old 01-21-2011, 04:16 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Burn...<--LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Talking

This is the whole point of this drawn out thread...countries do this in THIER best interest. Same reason in WW2 that both sides were funded by the european and american banks. You sound like you have knowledge of past wars at face book value or wiki alot of ****.(not bashing wiki). Also to bring up the UN, it was DESIGNED to controll 2nd and 3rd world countries. It's a power struggle pyramid style. BTW don't bring up articles from the BIGGEST LIBERAL WEBSITES.

To bring up another valid point, lets discuss current issues with CHINA. They basically don't give a ****, especially with an ally as crazy and nowhere near as strong as china is N.KOREA. Why do you think we haven't started a war with them? Base that on the same facts as for why we "took out" Sadaam. IMO Sadaam was the "Pit" of the middle east. Now we have a much bigger US/allies influence there. No need to blow **** up, just a good show.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Jake_the_Snake;14391098][http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32988116...d_news-europe/

QUOTE]

LMAO at the "police officer" knocking down the poppy plants with a stick LOL

They should fly a plane on the fields since they do it so well right.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Teching In

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white...board-20110121

And since we are on the subject of bailouts, I know GE got tremendous amounts. I guess the new Admin. needs the GE CEO as council? WOW! Lead by example. We don't have a problem as a country, until you egg heads wake up.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

When I saw American war machine I thought of hector aka z06er

Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder how many of the people posting in this thread enjoy a little spliff or bong pull every now and then? If you, then did you know that your business partners who bring that in for you murdered 15,000 people in Mexico this past year? That money you paid for your quarter bag went to finance the killing of more people than we've lost in 9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan combined (in just one year). Yet I'm sure you sit back and puff away thinking nothing of it. Where's your outrage there? Or are you only outraged as long as it doesn't inconvenience you (directed only at the pot smokers/casual users).
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
When I saw American war machine I thought of hector aka z06er

LOL you would think but B-RAD took it another route
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Im just tired of the B.S. and Lies from the current Gov't system as a whole.. Both parties are responsible.. I wish i Could go beat some politician *** without being shot... They meet all my criteria to get one.. Lie, Cheat, and steal from the U.S., The people, and the world as a whole..
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZO6ER
LOL you would think but B-RAD took it another route
LMAO @ both of you... Good ****,

Side note, I love seeing how close minded people are and thinking the US does no wrong... I love U.S as much as the next man, but also understand War is one of the Biggest Businesses, along with the Drug trade which the US is the biggest players in both....

B
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Strini SS
LMAO @ both of you... Good ****,

Side note, I love seeing how close minded people are and thinking the US does no wrong... I love U.S as much as the next man, but also understand War is one of the Biggest Businesses, along with the Drug trade which the US is the biggest players in both....

B
x2 I agree, But i'd rather have our country doing the taking than being taken. Someone is always gonna have to be the boss. Which side do you wanna fall on?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

it is true that war is good for business. not for the country, however, but for the private companies supplying the troops. the US is not making money by paying the soldiers, burning the gas, building the structures, hiring the contractors, etc etc.. its the people who make the weapons, supply the iron, make the MREs, build the warplanes, and so on that make money. this is evidenced by the massive economic expansion and subsequent transformation of the US into the worlds leading superpower after world war 2. its not like our soldiers are going through the towns and carrying out treasure chests and large burlap sacks with dollar signs on them, which is what some of yall seem to imply. if anything, individuals within the government make some money from special interest groups lobbying for a particular bid. i know it happens, but its always going to happen no matter what.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

The Soilders are getting pay as if they we standing infront of a Hardware store asking for work compare to what the U.S is benifiting from soilders lifes and well being.

Thats all I'm saying....

And if you think for a sec that the US isn't playing a part in benifiting ($$$) from the opium, I got some water front property I'd like to sell ya... Hell they benift from the production all the way to locking jackasses up for the disturbtion/Use.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Teching In

it is true that war is good for business. not for the country, however, but for the private companies supplying the troops. the US is not making money by paying the soldiers, burning the gas, building the structures, hiring the contractors, etc etc.. its the people who make the weapons, supply the iron, make the MREs, build the warplanes, and so on that make money. this is evidenced by the massive economic expansion and subsequent transformation of the US into the worlds leading superpower after world war 2. its not like our soldiers are going through the towns and carrying out treasure chests and large burlap sacks with dollar signs on them, which is what some of yall seem to imply. if anything, individuals within the government make some money from special interest groups lobbying for a particular bid. i know it happens, but its always going to happen no matter what.
That's a 100% true, I'm def not saying the anything about soilders or the like. I think the general consensus is it's all for PROFIT. The government has to sell the contracts out to "contractors" therefore profiting. They couldn't do it all without "special interest groups".
Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FRC
I wonder how many of the people posting in this thread enjoy a little spliff or bong pull every now and then? If you, then did you know that your business partners who bring that in for you murdered 15,000 people in Mexico this past year? That money you paid for your quarter bag went to finance the killing of more people than we've lost in 9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan combined (in just one year). Yet I'm sure you sit back and puff away thinking nothing of it. Where's your outrage there? Or are you only outraged as long as it doesn't inconvenience you (directed only at the pot smokers/casual users).
This is ignorant. Have you thought about the majority of stuff coming from our neighbors below? Cocaine, heroine, guns, and sex slaves. Also, that marijuana your Condemning does more good than almost all prescriptions these days with little to no side effects unlike your erectile distinction pill which could kill you. Yes its illegal. For what justification? After WWI the govt was pushing the American farmers to grow hemp so we could turn it to rope for our battle ships and what not. But after the war when it wasn't convenient to us, we outlawed it again. Its ok to smoke cigarettes and drink booze(which kills hundreds of thousands of people every year) but as long as your elected official tells you it's ok to drink away, you do. And wow let's think of all our tax dollars spent on misdemeanor charges on pot. All the jail/court/trial time isn't free. We pay for it. If it were legal this country would be out of deficit quicker than you could say the pledge of allegiance. Tax it, make a legal age to purchase it. And sellthe ****. Get a real argument before sounding like an idiot mr knowitall.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

^^^^ wow taxing and selling pot will not get us out of this deficit.. it may help yes but apparently you haven't looked at the numbers..
Old 01-21-2011, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99 DUKE'Z 28
This is ignorant. Have you thought about the majority of stuff coming from our neighbors below? Cocaine, heroine, guns, and sex slaves. Also, that marijuana your Condemning does more good than almost all prescriptions these days with little to no side effects unlike your erectile distinction pill which could kill you. Yes its illegal. For what justification? After WWI the govt was pushing the American farmers to grow hemp so we could turn it to rope for our battle ships and what not. But after the war when it wasn't convenient to us, we outlawed it again. Its ok to smoke cigarettes and drink booze(which kills hundreds of thousands of people every year) but as long as your elected official tells you it's ok to drink away, you do. And wow let's think of all our tax dollars spent on misdemeanor charges on pot. All the jail/court/trial time isn't free. We pay for it. If it were legal this country would be out of deficit quicker than you could say the pledge of allegiance. Tax it, make a legal age to purchase it. And sellthe ****. Get a real argument before sounding like an idiot mr knowitall.

but you forget, the government somehow controls the drug trade. that other guy said so! they get paid for growing it, selling it, and somehow they get paid for arresting people who buy it. its a conspiracy mannnnnnnnnnnn

in all seriousness, though, he had a point. everyones quick to point the finger at the opium growers because they're funding the terrorists and they're hurting those poor poor heroine addicts who for some reason got addicted but its probably not their fault. these same truthers probably smoke alot of pot which funds mexican drug cartels who shoot people in the streets and toss severed heads into nightclubs and restaurants. you can chant "legalize it" all you want but the simple fact is its happening. if anything, its worse than the opium in the sense that the violence is in our backyard and its starting to spill over into the US, whereas the taliban is quite far away and does not pose a direct threat to the American people. you could argue that the money goes into the hands of terrorists, but thats what the "American War Machine" is for

Quick Reply: The American War Machine