houston police

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that there is always a danger in being a cop, hell cops get shot for just wearing the uniform & badge and doing " your tail is out " traffic stops, being an officer can be a stressful job. watching your back 100% of the time.

what im saying is I really don't see a need for there to be 4-6 police officers and squad cars to arrest a 15yo weak skinny as teenager. it just the resources ( cops and cars ) being wasted 2 officers could have handled this.

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I bet your mind would change if he just robbed/assaulted/raped you or any of your family members and would probably want to see more.
I don't really care about him getting his *** whooped because if someone was home with a gun like most of us own, he might not be living.

Originally Posted by LS69TA
1 less criminal to rob and kill people maybe?
well 6 cops and 4-5 cars are not on the road it makes it easier for other criminal robbers, killers, and rapist to get away with stuff because they wont feel in anyway threaten due to a lack of presence of the authorities, a cop car driving by can instill that tiny little amount of fear that can make someone think twice.
------------

this reminds me of that time when some guy got chased by police on I-45 and 30something cops chased him... i wounder how many people left their houses that night to go steal stuff seeing there chances of getting caught was dramatically reduced due to 30+ cop cars on the freeway as for those who didn't see it

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=6954763
Old 02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
i completely understand this

BUT, when you have someone that is laying on their stomach with their hands crossed behind their back, you can clearly tell he is NOT resisting arrest, he is giving up, and in a position that poses no immediate threat to the police

if the cops thought they were in any danger they would NOT have ran straight to him, they would have proceeded with caution and guns drawn

because of the way the guy positioned himself the cops knew there was clearly no danger, thats why they ran straight in without caution and started kicking him in the back of the head repeatedly along with punches and kicks to the midsection

in this situation it is totally obvious that the cops are not concerned with their safety, they are concerned about kicking his ***, if you cannot see how obvious this is than you may need to go to the optometrist to get your eyes checked

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
Having the guy on the ground with his hands behind him is not a threat. Those of you that said the cops were justified to do what they did are idiots, and you are just as wrong as the cops were in the video.

maybe you have forgot about the one guy that was in handcuffs and shot the officer dead while in the back seat of the patrol car? nothing is certain in life (besides paying some type of tax and death), even if he is lying down he could suddenly flip over and pull out a gun.

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Werd. We were taught this extensively in the academy. As we were told, it's our job to go home to our familes after the shift is over..it's up to the bad guy if he wants to live to see another day. It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. BINGO

Of course they got a little carried away, but they made one hell of an impression on that POS. Too bad it was all caught on tape by the security camera
Old 02-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
i'm surprised so many people care about ******* POS thieves.

sounds like a lot of you guys need to go volunteer your spare time over at the local prison doing stuff like reading to them and saying nice things to boost their self esteem.
If any of you whining about this being too much, i bet your mind would change if he just robbed/assaulted/raped you or any of your family members and would probably want to see more.
fact is what the police officers did was against the law, thats why the "thug" is suing and going to get paid

like i said before the "thug" is the winner in this situation, as a police officer you should outsmart these street thugs NOT drop down to their level

i dont have feelings for thugs, trust me, if i could change the law it would be EXTREMELY strict and harsh on criminals, which would result in safer streets

but the fact is the discipline isnt that harsh and when the police do these kind of actions THEY MAKE IT BETTER FOR THE THUG

now the thug will get minimal punishment and get a huge payday

ISNT THIS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN???

you have to look at things into a real perspective

here are 2 ways this could play out

#1 are you guys implying that you would rather this street thug get off easy and get paid???

or

#2 would you rather see this thug stand in front of a judge, and NOT get paid???

when you guys justify these cops actions all you're doing is saying "let the thug get minimal punishment and let him get paid" because that is exactly what happens when police act this way...... so by agreeing with the cops actions you guys support #1

looking at this situation in a REAL perspective, YOU GUYS are the ones that are the easiest on the criminals....... NOT me or anyone else who agrees that these cops made a ridiculously stupid mistake........ I and everyone else that disagrees with these cops actions support #2

these cops have the same problems that you guys have, they think with their ***** and not their brain...... the first tough guy idea is to "beat his ***" but its not the smartest thing to do once you realize you could get fired, the thug will get off easy and get paid

so you have to think with your brain and not your ***** and put the thug in front of the judge..... after all the thug should be the one in front of the judge NOT the cop

Last edited by Ruthless Robbie; 02-05-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm surprised so many people care about ******* POS thieves.

sounds like a lot of you guys need to go volunteer your spare time over at the local prison doing stuff like reading to them and saying nice things to boost their self esteem.

i'll however be in the other camp that beats the **** out of low lifes, because these people dont deserve the same luxuries as respectable citizens.

it all comes down to...do you want to spend your time and help out humanity for the better. or try to rehab murderers and thieves who will always be this way?
As it was stated earlier, judges take care of justice not cops. The cops may use whatever force is necessary to arrest a suspected criminal. Once the suspect is subdued any excessive use of force is brutality.

Everyone that gets arrested isn't convicted of the crime they were accused of. What if the cops beat up one of these people who were actually innocent? THIS is the reason why cops don't aren't the ones to judge if a suspect is guilty or innocent, that is for the judge and jury to decide.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Launching!

you act like him standing in front of a judge is going to intimidate him.
and you also act like he was going to get the death penalty for stealing.

the sub human would probably get probation and 2mo of community service.

at least he got his *** kicked, thats more of a life lesson than ANYTHING he would have got delt in court had the cameras not been there.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Launching!

As it was stated earlier, judges take care of justice not cops. The cops may use whatever force is necessary to arrest a suspected criminal. Once the suspect is subdued any excessive use of force is brutality.

Everyone that gets arrested isn't convicted of the crime they were accused of. What if the cops beat up one of these people who were actually innocent? THIS is the reason why cops don't aren't the ones to judge if a suspect is guilty or innocent, that is for the judge and jury to decide.
your right, maybe this 15yr old black kid was just hauling *** away from the crime scene and multiple police officers because he was training for cross country and happened to be at the wrong place.

what would you have done in the situation? cops roll up on you and you take off on foot for no reason at all? REALLY?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Teching In

IDK id get my *** whooped for a couple 100k 6mos on papers and pick up some trash with a stick on the side of 290. and still wouldn't learn a lesson because im rich...
Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

how are you guys so certain he's going to win the lawsuit?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

your right, maybe this 15yr old black kid was just hauling *** away from the crime scene and multiple police officers because he was training for cross country and happened to be at the wrong place.

what would you have done in the situation? cops roll up on you and you take off on foot for no reason at all? REALLY?
I didn't say the kid was innocent, but many people that are arrested are innocent. According to what you're saying is everyone that gets arrested is guilty of the crime even though many are acquitted.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

whether u like it or not **** like this happens all the time, although sometimes there isn't video cameras.

did the kid deserve a beating? hell yes, he ran from the cops.

was the beating given because the kid was black or because he was a kid? HA! No.

Does the beating take away from the kids in guilt in commiting a crime and endangering other ppl and the police officers and breaking multiple laws? LMAO NO.

did the cops go overboard? **** yes.

are the cops loosing this battle? yes.

is this "poor black kid" going to get paid? yes.

does 1 or 2 or all the cops need to loose their job? no.

does at least one of the cops need to loose their job? yes.

is this being spun into a racial thing? HELL yes.

did channel 13 **** up n releasing the tape? yes.

should they be prosecuted? yes.

will all this stop deter other officers from doing the same? no.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

nicely said.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

I didn't say the kid was innocent, but many people that are arrested are innocent. According to what you're saying is everyone that gets arrested is guilty of the crime even though many are acquitted.
People are only arrested when there is probable cause to arrest them. You're not going to be arrested for a robbery that just happened if you're sitting in Suday school.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

we need more videos like this.

"...watch kids, this is what happens when you grow up to be a thieving, uneducated worthless slab of ****..."

i love watching videos like this. cops should have kept going.

unfortunately the kid lived and will be back out stealing 20" Silverado rims before St Patrick's day.........

Last edited by imlooking; 02-05-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

I didn't say the kid was innocent, but many people that are arrested are innocent.
lol.

1) douse your head in bleach
2) smoke a cigarette
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by imlooking
we need more videos like this.

"...watch kids, this is what happens when you grow up to be a thieving, uneducated worthless slab of ****..."

i love watching videos like this. cops should have kept going.

unfortunately the kid lived and will be back out stealing 20" Silverado rims before St Patrick's day.........
no lie. i wish he would have put his hands in his pocket like he was grabbing something so they could have justified shooting him.
1 less POS out there. thinning the herd
Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

amen !!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

+1 on post #50 by kornfreak
Old 02-05-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

So much bitching about what we dont know. If that kid did something to another officer, or tried to harm/kill one, he had it coming, and i am pretty sure he didnt just jack a piece of candy from the corner store.

Otherwise, did they go overboard? I dont know, if i was there and he just attempted to seriously injure a fellow officer, it makes people go beyond what is needed, you guys crying need to work with me for a day in TDCJ and hear some of the **** these guys say. Talking about shooting at cops and "What would happen" if they get stopped by the law in certain situations, some of them need this treatment in my book, they are some real pieces of ****.

How many of them are 15?

If any of you whining about this being too much, i bet your mind would change if he just robbed/assaulted/raped you or any of your family members and would probably want to see more.

Damn right I would be pissed, not gonna lie or say I wouldn't. Hell if some ****** robbed my house I'd be shocked the cops got to him and kicked his *** before me

So it is like this, if there was no video, we would not have hear anything abut this, and when i am a police officer int he near future, i wont worry about ths stuff because i believe in doing right, even when no one is looking so i dont have to worry about this ****.

Maybe some groups of cops should have a designated area for beating the **** out of these criminals where they know no one is around and there are no cameras
you act like him standing in front of a judge is going to intimidate him.
and you also act like he was going to get the death penalty for stealing.

the sub human would probably get probation and 2mo of community service.

at least he got his *** kicked, thats more of a life lesson than ANYTHING he would have got delt in court had the cameras not been there.

While I think the cops took it WAY WAY WAY overboard, can't really argue with that
Originally Posted by TehGODofGreen
IDK id get my *** whooped for a couple 100k 6mos on papers and pick up some trash with a stick on the side of 290. and still wouldn't learn a lesson because im rich...

Me too
Originally Posted by 5w20
how are you guys so certain he's going to win the lawsuit?

Call me crazy, but maybe it was because that video was so clear I could practically count the hairs on the officers head when he was kicking the kids head
Answers are in bold. Personally, I think it was easily over excessive force and that punishment should be dealt with the cops, regardless if he stole or not, if he did not harm anybody, that severe of a punishment should not have been dealt IMO. I'm a big believer in an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, with adjustments that can be made because obviously the POS doesn't have much to steal from or take if he's stealing to begin with. I think both sides of this are way on the extreme. Some of you law enforcement officials on here really need to try to look at it from another view. Yeah, you hear all these big tough criminals saying what they would do to a cop and what not, but I'd be willing to bet most of those guys (and that includes the ones who are all talk) are 15. This kid didn't assault anybody, no harm was done to anybody else, that amount of force is excessive. I wish they had said what he stole, then I could have a better stance on this. From the video he either dropped what he took or had it in his pockets.

The other side, I agree with you guys in some ways. I'm a bit of a pacifist (don't get me wrong if someone tries to **** with me I'll lay him out) and I'm not a big fan of brutality, but when you try to think of how YOU would feel if something was stolen from you... Ha. Imagine you had a brand new Procharger or a sweet Turbo setup sitting in your garage that you saved money for god knows how long to buy and some 15 year old little bastard comes in and takes it? Personally, I know that I'll be so pissed that I'll be worried if he can ever feed himself or lift his head properly again. But the cops didn't have anything stolen from them, so I feel their rage against this kid was less justifiable, but that's just me.

/Longer post than I meant
Old 02-05-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by imlooking
lol.

1) douse your head in bleach
2) smoke a cigarette
Bleach isn't flammable you fool since it's mostly water. lol

And since you don't have anything intelligent to say here, GTFO!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Bleach isn't flammable you fool since it's mostly water. lol

And since you don't have anything intelligent to say here, GTFO!
Actually bleach has sodium hypochlorite which is flammable (fun little fact I've always known), and hair bleach is flammable (I'm a teenager don't ask how I know) but Clorox bleach is 90% water. Some bleaches are others are not

Agreed, that was a totally useless post