Whats the difference between a 1jz, 2jz, 4gte, ect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by technicalninja
Hah, Super Chicken (that's what we called 911SCs around the shop) cannot do it. Not even a quick paragraph I actually looked into that google post. What a bunch of malarky. No one had a real idea. The 2JZ is SOOO much more motor than these critters deserve!

Here's a money saving tip: You want your displacement limited import car to run sub 9 1/4 miles

I'm aged wild rice, Not this new brand of ricer.
Heavily built Datsun Zs can be fast. The fastest ones always seem to be V8s however, GM V8s.......
see video above...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowredz
I like Supra's a lot. But **** they are overpriced so much it's unreal. It may be cheaper to build the motor/turbo kit in a Supra but the $20-30K you have to pay to get a car to put it in is crazy
thats why people are dropping that set up into other cars..much cheaper..
Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

The "dyno number" BS seems to be more prevalent in the ricer crowd as well. It wouldn't surprise me if a 1000HP LS powered car would get down the 1/4 faster than a 1000HP Toyota.

A high boosted engine can be very difficult to control (any engine-engine family doesn't matter). The "rush" as the engine comes onto boost can overpower the tires easily. It's sort of like too much NO2 all at once. If you have trouble applying the power having XXXX amount of power doesn't matter.

In a race between a 15 psi LQ4 (6.0l) and a 30psi 2jz (3.0l) my money will be on the LS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE...eature=related
Originally Posted by sc300
http://www.yutube.com/watch?v=5ui6ANx0k2U

discuss that...

you are comparing high end cars with motors costing (just the motor itself) way more than 240 is worth...whats there to discuss???? lol

im building another one, but as a streetcar this time..full a/c, show quality car!!(just

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44sZ2...eature=related

it had nothing to do with the cars or cost of cars, see red text

Last edited by 5w20; 02-14-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 5w20
it had nothing to do with the cars or cost of cars, see red text

You guys make me laugh. Do you realized that you are actually proving my point with those videos?

If u would pay attention to this thread...it is about building a high hp 2jz that would be less than building an lxs...the videos show a low budget 2jz 240 playing with the big boys..there was not even a clear winner in the races..

Anybody can show a video of a particular car beating another..if u want to prove a point, nevermind..I don't think you will ever get it. Lol

Let me guess. U will post another video of something retarded thinking that it funny.haha
Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 AM
TECH Junkie

You guys make me laugh. Do you realized that you are actually proving my point with those videos?

If u would pay attention to this thread...it is about building a high hp 2jz that would be less than building an lxs...the videos show a low budget 2jz 240 playing with the big boys..there was not even a clear winner in the races..

Anybody can show a video of a particular car beating another..if u want to prove a point, nevermind..I don't think you will ever get it. Lol

Let me guess. U will post another video of something retarded thinking that it funny.haha
it went over your head, it's cool
Old 02-14-2011, 04:00 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

If u are serious about trying to make 1000 hp, look it up...many people have done it..

let me remind u, making a 1000 hp will not be cheap, but a lot cheaper than building an LSX!!!! And a lot less headaches...

Just look around...if it was so easy and cheaper to build an LSX, why aren't there that many rolling around? And there are 20 times the amount of LSX based cars out there...
How much power will a 2Jz make with 16 pounds and what will the run in the supras? All i ever see is king kong stupid amounts of boost thrown at them, i want to know what the really mild setups have, what are the stock boost numbers and then 16 or so? Or do they run near that stock?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

Hey Duy, I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but why are you on these forums? You seem to bash anything and everything Chevy every chance you get. Don't you think you'd get fucked with WAAYY less on an import forum? I mean, you bash the LS motors on LS1tech. Of course people are going to get pissed. That'd be like me going to an RX8 forum and saying rotary motors are total ****. Again, I'm not being a dick because I don't know you, but that's just my opinion.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Hey Duy, I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but why are you on these forums? You seem to bash anything and everything Chevy every chance you get. Don't you think you'd get fucked with WAAYY less on an import forum? I mean, you bash the LS motors on LS1tech. Of course people are going to get pissed. That'd be like me going to an RX8 forum and saying rotary motors are total ****. Again, I'm not being a dick because I don't know you, but that's just my opinion.
Because I get bored. And it fun talking discussing car related stuff with certain people...

I get bashed all the times by my friends on the import sites too..because I get beat my high hp evos vs my supercharged viper..

I'm on this site because I had c5 zo6 and then a c6...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Just curious, how long does a 1000hp supra motor last? Or any 1000hp engine? Someone asked why there were not more 1000hp lsx motors I am pretty sure its because most lsx owners drive them daily and i cant imagine that would be fun with that kind of motor.

What is the most power anyone has gotten out of a 2jz motor without boost? Do they all need boost to make big numbers? I dont know anything about these motors except they are fast and expensive.

-Buddy-
Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM
8 Second Club

This thread makes my head hurt!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by had20z
So, my Cummins, since it's a I6 it can make lots of hp?

I'm not trying to start a flat out argument, because arguing with you is like talking to my 4 month old.
A I6 Cummins is capable of stupid amounts of HP and Torque. I did this 4 years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_regTDxeMCo
Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCC
A I6 Cummins is capable of stupid amounts of HP ]
I know... It was a joke
Old 02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Because I get bored. And it fun talking discussing car related stuff with certain people...

I get bashed all the times by my friends on the import sites too..because I get beat my high hp evos vs my supercharged viper..

I'm on this site because I had c5 zo6 and then a c6...
Dont ignore my questions damn it, you should know.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

Boost is a measurement of restriction...

Food for thought... A PT106 on a LSx motor makes 1000rwhp on 14psi, but it takes a PT76 25psi to do so on the same LSx motor. Does it make the PT76 crappy?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

It's the 007 of the truck world.
It's gone in a huge cloud of black smoke!
No one will dispute the dyno results because no one can BREATH anywhere close to the dyno..... Just kidding. bad assed truck. That dyno pull was very quick, almost anticlimatic.
Damned handy to have should you ever need to tow a broke down M1 tank or move a large immovable building. Maybe it could be used for logging, wouldn't even need a chainsaw to take the trees down! These guys are the Torque Kings!

As for sc300: the mental picture I get is a poorly home schooled 12 year old whose parents will not let him out of their house due to the shame they feel in producing such offspring.
He doesn't even attempt to back up his claims. He offers proof of an inexpensive 2jz that certainly doesn't go into the cost aspect of the build and is such a low quality video that you cannot see the final numbers on the tower. It also didn't show the time slip. Hah I call BS. That 240 IS fast. It's probably not cheap. No one in the 8s (if it is) is doing it cheap! (unless you do the helicopter "mod" I posted earlier).

Until sc300 offers useful information or backs his claims in some generally believable fashion I intend to ignore his posts. I'm thinking it's all just a kid trooling for excitement.

Does anyone know this guy? Is he really an adult? It would make it that much sadder.

Answers for ZONES89RS:
Stock American numbers
2jz non turbo 10/1 comp 220 hp/210ftlbs
2jz turbo 8.5-1 comp, 12 psi stock 320 hp/315 ftlbs

Interesting info on JDM supra/2jz
http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Merely raise the boost to 16 and remap maybe 375/360 (detonation limits are close here, race fuel will help)
Properly modded at 16 (larger turbo(s)/big exhaust/intercooler improvements) 400+/380+ (and plenty of "head" room to grow). At that mod level you wouldn't limit yourself to 16 psi.
Anything much past 16 and fuel octane will become your limiting factor.

Of all the Japanese "supercar" motors built in the early 90s the 2jz is the most reliable. It's also the heaviest one by 200+ lbs.
It is the most "goof-proof"to mod. there really are a few that are making 4 digit numbers (but I bet there are more Cummins at 4 digits than Toyotas-hell, there's probably more Cummins at 4 digits than LS-s as well). The Cummins is a heavy motor too......

Hope this answers your question.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hah, Super Chicken (that's what we called 911SCs around the shop) cannot do it. Not even a quick paragraph I actually looked into that google post. What a bunch of malarky. No one had a real idea. The 2JZ is SOOO much more motor than these critters deserve!

Here's a money saving tip: You want your displacement limited import car to run sub 9 1/4 miles (and remember I'm an Import type of tech)
Rent a LARGE helicopter.
Lift that puppy to 10K feet and release!
Not only will you own the 1/4 mile all time low et/highest trap speed you'll also own the standing mile record as well and at the end of it all you'll have the deceleration records too!
You also will not have to spend anymore money on your fastest car!
You also have a cool abstract "trophy" you can display on your front yard for all to see!

Yep all three records can be had for chump change.......
And no one will ever contest you!

I'm aged wild rice, Not this new brand of ricer.
Heavily built Datsun Zs can be fast. The fastest ones always seem to be V8s however, GM V8s.......
I just snorted my water out of my nose !
Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, but this thread has been going on long enough for yet another.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr Powell

Food for thought... A PT106 on a LSx motor makes 1000rwhp on 14psi, but it takes a PT76 25psi to do so on the same LSx motor. Does it make the PT76 crappy?
Couldnt tell you, i am new to the turbo ****.

Answers for ZONES89RS:
Stock American numbers
2jz non turbo 10/1 comp 220 hp/210ftlbs
2jz turbo 8.5-1 comp, 12 psi stock 320 hp/315 ftlbs

Interesting info on JDM supra/2jz
http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Merely raise the boost to 16 and remap maybe 375/360 (detonation limits are close here, race fuel will help)
Properly modded at 16 (larger turbo(s)/big exhaust/intercooler improvements) 400+/380+ (and plenty of "head" room to grow). At that mod level you wouldn't limit yourself to 16 psi.
Anything much past 16 and fuel octane will become your limiting factor.

Of all the Japanese "supercar" motors built in the early 90s the 2jz is the most reliable. It's also the heaviest one by 200+ lbs.
It is the most "goof-proof"to mod. there really are a few that are making 4 digit numbers (but I bet there are more Cummins at 4 digits than Toyotas-hell, there's probably more Cummins at 4 digits than LS-s as well). The Cummins is a heavy motor too......

Hope this answers your question.

Interesting, thanks for the insight. So, the Supras are throwing tons of boost then. Just seeing many stock, junk yard and factory 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 engines doing some pretty crazy stuff with 16 pounds on up to 22. One 4.8 liter turned 700 RWHP in a truck with a set of stock LS1 heads and even GM TTY head bolts.

All in the tune for sure, but the little 4.8 was turning 7500 RPM, but he did have ARP rod bolts.

Otherwise, the stockers are going single digits with nothing more than a hair dryer or two. Dont know the longevity but the 4.8 had 7K miles of 16-22 pounds before tearing it down just to inspect it, no problems, no signs of wear.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:36 PM
RCC
On The Tree

It's the 007 of the truck world.
It's gone in a huge cloud of black smoke!
No one will dispute the dyno results because no one can BREATH anywhere close to the dyno..... Just kidding. bad assed truck. That dyno pull was very quick, almost anticlimatic.
Damned handy to have should you ever need to tow a broke down M1 tank or move a large immovable building. Maybe it could be used for logging, wouldn't even need a chainsaw to take the trees down! These guys are the Torque Kings!
It was decently fast for a 7400lb 4 door truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XITiq4qA1g
Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell

Mr Powell has it right! He really should. 10K posts and 8 second club.
This is the main reason my "bet" of 15psi LS vs 30psi 2jz is a "safe" bet for me.
The PT76 will be the better unit for general street use. The 106 is more track oriented (or larger motor).
I'd want the 76 on my LS based tow vehicle and the 106 on the vehicle which resides on the trailer.....
Dig in. the foods good!

A question for Mr Powell. What boost level are you at on your 911 and (here's the one nobody askes) what is the pressure level in the exhaust pre turbo as compared to the boost level?

Quick Reply: Whats the difference between a 1jz, 2jz, 4gte, ect?