Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
This is for both of you lets just see what some of the larger shops think of CL and what there opinions are on them.

Do you see LMR, G-force, LG Motorsports, Texas Speed and Performance or any of the larger shops adverting on CL???
This has be brought up many times before.. I’m not the first to say what I did and I still won’t back down or change my thought on it.
What I can’t get is the one that said “owned” like the shop was a sponsor on here before this post was made. “The OP was done in 3/1/2011” He’s one now I’m happy about that and I told him welcome to the boards and wish him the best of luck. But I still feel that CL is where a lot of the scammers go… and I will just stay the hell away from that.

I’ve heard of to many scams on CL from members here that get ripped off.. Why would you chance it??
I never said Craigslist wasn't full of scammers I even said he might be. Plain and simple he ask for info on them, not ppls opinions on shops advertising in cl. Don't hate on some if you don't even know who they are. He must be pretty good to be a sponser on here putting his name on the line. So I guess your remake about shops getting rep threw hard work etc etc not threw Cl advertising goes out the window huh?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is for both of you lets just see what some of the larger shops think of CL and what there opinions are on them.

Do you see LMR, G-force, LG Motorsports, Texas Speed and Performance or any of the larger shops adverting on CL???
This has be brought up many times before.. I’m not the first to say what I did and I still won’t back down or change my thought on it.
What I can’t get is the one that said “owned” like the shop was a sponsor on here before this post was made. “The OP was done in 3/1/2011” He’s one now I’m happy about that and I told him welcome to the boards and wish him the best of luck. But I still feel that CL is where a lot of the scammers go… and I will just stay the hell away from that.

I’ve heard of to many scams on CL from members here that get ripped off.. Why would you chance it??
Because they want dumbasses like u to come to them to spend all your money, in reality you could of got the same motor built from someone local and just as good for a fraction of the price. but u live and learn.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Busy Mopper
Because they want dumbasses like u to come to them to spend all your money, in reality you could of got the same motor built from someone local and just as good for a fraction of the price. but u live and learn.
You make no sense!!

So lets see if I'm reading this right lol

So LMR and all the other big shops customers are dumbasses??? Just because they will pay a little more money to make sure it's built right by people that know and have been proven to build badass motors? Sounds like to me they're just making sure that the little extra money they spent ..... was just to make sure it was done right the first time . Sounds smart to me..

And just so you know my car wasn't built by any of the companies listed in this thread.

And this is for soloman369...

You don't have to be a good shop to be a sponsor on tech... you just have to pay.

This all started because I said I wouldn't go to a shop that advertises on CL.. I never said one time that Thompson motor sport does bad work. I don't know the company or any of the work they have done. I just stated the reason I wouldn't go to a place like that. Nothing againt him just how I feel.

Again best of Luck to his company... I really do wish him the best!!!! Would be nice to have another local shop in the area.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

ur paying for their quality of work yes, im sure they do great work dont get me wrong but when buying products from them i.e short blocks like in the OP your going off an single engine builder Not techincally a 'shop'
Old 05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You make no sense!!

So lets see if I'm reading this right lol

So LMR and all the other big shops customers are dumbasses??? Just because they will pay a little more money to make sure it's built right by people that know and have been proven to build badass motors? Sounds like to me they're just making sure that the little extra money they spent ..... was just to make sure it was done right the first time . Sounds smart to me..

And just so you know my car wasn't built by any of the companies listed in this thread.

And this is for soloman369...

You don't have to be a good shop to be a sponsor on tech... you just have to pay.

This all started because I said I wouldn't go to a shop that advertises on CL.. I never said one time that Thompson motor sport does bad work. I don't know the company or any of the work they have done. I just stated the reason I wouldn't go to a place like that. Nothing againt him just how I feel.

Again best of Luck to his company... I really do wish him the best!!!! Would be nice to have another local shop in the area.
Over and over again you keep proving my point. The op asked for info on the company , did you have any info? according to you you didn't. So why even state your opinion if it had nothing to do with what the op wanted or asked for. If I remember right you said ppl that advertise on Cl should put up a red flag to stay away. So basicly you where telling em to stay away, even thow you knew nothing about them . Makes no sense why ppl run threw mouths if they don't know Jack .
Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soloman369
Over and over again you keep proving my point. The op asked for info on the company , did you have any info? according to you you didn't. So why even state your opinion if it had nothing to do with what the op wanted or asked for. If I remember right you said ppl that advertise on Cl should put up a red flag to stay away. So basicly you where telling em to stay away, even thow you knew nothing about them . Makes no sense why ppl run threw mouths if they don't know Jack .
Because I can!! Just like you've decided to open your big mouth and give your opinion. Hello Kettle calling the pot black

If I can stop one person from getting scammed I'll do it. Does this mean Thompson was going to do that NOPE..

I don't have to know anything about a shop to warn them. It's not like this post had 20 to 30 people come in here and say yes they know the shop.. great people and they do awesome work.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by killerwhale
HE is really nice guy didnt meet him just spoke to him on the phone and bought some heads from him like 2 weeks ago which are getting intalled now by SQR should be ready by this friday tuned and eveything ill post my dyno #'s BY THE WAY THEY ARE LS6 HEADS CNC AND MILLED .20
I saw your car at SQR yesterday. Looks like a nice setup!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:38 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

LMR, GForce, and the other shops you mentioned all have money to pay sponsorships to advertise.

There is nothing wrong with using CL to advertise a small buisiness. It is almost required in today's market to use Facebook, Myspace, and CL to advertise yourself.

This is of course for newer, smaller, buisinesses that i am refering to.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
LMR, GForce, and the other shops you mentioned all have money to pay sponsorships to advertise.

There is nothing wrong with using CL to advertise a small buisiness. It is almost required in today's market to use Facebook, Myspace, and CL to advertise yourself.

This is of course for newer, smaller, buisinesses that i am refering to.
Exactly. There are also tons of scams that have websites. Does it make a shop a scam if they have a website?

It isn't like they are running an ad in the back of a nudie mag asking someone to mail them $75 bucks.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slowredz
I saw your car at SQR yesterday. Looks like a nice setup!
THANKS IS HE DONE??? lol
Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 PM

Hey all, just signed up so I can respond to this post.
I have an 06 GTO that just recently broke a piston and cracked the cylinder due to the previous owner hitting hard with the nos.
While looking for a replacement motor on craigslist I actually came across Kyle and Thompson Motor Sports, gave him a call and knew right away this guy knows what he is talking about. I took a chance with him and he actually drove 40 miles to Carrollton and picked up my car which was in pieces at the dealer and hauled it back to his place which is actually in Nevada, TX. At no charge. He got me another LS2 short block with less miles than mine had on it, mine had 54,000 and the short block he got me had 40,000. He got my heads ported and polished, valve job and seals, comp cam, chromoly push rods, and new springs, did the install and dyno tune as well all for less than what the dealer wanted to repair the bad cylinder. All with a warranty. He even covered the cost of the converter from lingelfelter out of his pocket because of the different relucter wheels. I literally picked up my car from him yesterday and I am very pleased, it runs very strong and is solid as a rock.
I would recommend giving him the chance. He has a pretty nice little shop, very nice guy, seriously knowledgable, and the place was full of nice new cars so that gotta say something right?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sentrek
Hey all, just signed up so I can respond to this post.
I have an 06 GTO that just recently broke a piston and cracked the cylinder due to the previous owner hitting hard with the nos.
While looking for a replacement motor on craigslist I actually came across Kyle and Thompson Motor Sports, gave him a call and knew right away this guy knows what he is talking about. I took a chance with him and he actually drove 40 miles to Carrollton and picked up my car which was in pieces at the dealer and hauled it back to his place which is actually in Nevada, TX. At no charge. He got me another LS2 short block with less miles than mine had on it, mine had 54,000 and the short block he got me had 40,000. He got my heads ported and polished, valve job and seals, comp cam, chromoly push rods, and new springs, did the install and dyno tune as well all for less than what the dealer wanted to repair the bad cylinder. All with a warranty. He even covered the cost of the converter from lingelfelter out of his pocket because of the different relucter wheels. I literally picked up my car from him yesterday and I am very pleased, it runs very strong and is solid as a rock.
I would recommend giving him the chance. He has a pretty nice little shop, very nice guy, seriously knowledgable, and the place was full of nice new cars so that gotta say something right?
You know whats funny? I am pretty sure I saw your orange GTO getting towed through Lavon when they were taking it in. I have talked to a few different guys and I know for certain Thompson is a legitimate shop, not a scammer. Beyond that I need to go by and say hi one day. He is only 4 or 5 miles from my shop.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 PM

Yep, orange with black stripes. That was mine. He got 421rwhp out of it. I am a happy camper.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

I've bought a ton of s hit on craigslist, just have to use a little common sense.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

I been watching them post on Craigslist for awhile atleast over a year now or longer. It's free advertising and that's where most of the guys look for a good deal. Look like its working for them. I used to advertise on there.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:13 AM

I hate to say it, but I unfortunately bought an engine from Thompson Motorsports out of Nevada TX. Website looks good and professional. Kyle is even very nice at first. Paid $4600 and change. Was supposed to be 475 hp. It is a very dirty and greasy used low compression lq4 dished piston engine with boken piston skirts, dinged crank, used stretched timing chain. The seals all had 200k miles from bone yard engine he gave me. He did not even replace rear main seal. If this leaks it will smoke my $600 clutch. Not to mention it was damaged during shipment from his bad packaging. It also had a bent reluctor ring. Kyle was really nice to get my money, but did turned into a real con-artist when I tried to get my money back. He now says he does not even build the engine and I need to take it up with them. Gets them from some place in Dallas. Before he said it was done in house from by professional builder and everything was looked over. I have pic's of everything. I am screwed and out $4600. Have to try to salvage what I got. He is buying bone yard engines, putting large cams in and porting greasy un checked heads. Heads are only single spring not dual. I have know idea, what spring but look stock. Cam range is to 6500. I do not have much faith it will get there. Also he talked me into giving him my visa number. Again real nice guy at first. I know it was a stupid thing to do, but he talk me into it like a good con-artist and I fell for it. I just want to give you my experience. I was hoping for a great engine and just got a bunch of trouble. I guess I will not be getting my project done anytime soon.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fast_one_2
I hate to say it, but I unfortunately bought an engine from Thompson Motorsports out of Nevada TX. Website looks good and professional. Kyle is even very nice at first. Paid $4600 and change. Was supposed to be 475 hp. It is a very dirty and greasy used low compression lq4 dished piston engine with boken piston skirts, dinged crank, used stretched timing chain. The seals all had 200k miles from bone yard engine he gave me. He did not even replace rear main seal. If this leaks it will smoke my $600 clutch. Not to mention it was damaged during shipment from his bad packaging. It also had a bent reluctor ring. Kyle was really nice to get my money, but did turned into a real con-artist when I tried to get my money back. He now says he does not even build the engine and I need to take it up with them. Gets them from some place in Dallas. Before he said it was done in house from by professional builder and everything was looked over. I have pic's of everything. I am screwed and out $4600. Have to try to salvage what I got. He is buying bone yard engines, putting large cams in and porting greasy un checked heads. Heads are only single spring not dual. I have know idea, what spring but look stock. Cam range is to 6500. I do not have much faith it will get there. Also he talked me into giving him my visa number. Again real nice guy at first. I know it was a stupid thing to do, but he talk me into it like a good con-artist and I fell for it. I just want to give you my experience. I was hoping for a great engine and just got a bunch of trouble. I guess I will not be getting my project done anytime soon.
Whaoo, I would love to hear Thompson side of the story!!!

Last edited by JMAC; 08-15-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fast_one_2
TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

^ i was thinking the same thing hahaha. its funny he just joined and is posting that.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nick.celis
^ i was thinking the same thing hahaha. its funny he just joined and is posting that.
Yup just another HATER!!! I never have done business with TMS but i sure am starting to hear alot of good things about them...

Quick Reply: Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports