Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports

Has any one got any worked here? Its in Rockwall, TX I seen their posting in craigslist. I've called him and sounds like he knows what he is taking about. any info be good thanks

Last edited by pimpinpaco; 03-01-2011 at 03:51 AM. Reason: forgot to type something
Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

i thought i saw craigslist postings for them that said they were in Wylie a few months ago
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 AM

My buddy bought a fully forged iron 347 from him. The motor is doing fine and he got it on a hell of a deal.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Teching In

well right now it says nevada tx, never heard of that place but he has a link at the bottom of the post n it says rockwall

how long has he had the engine for?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to say is ....Any performance shop that markets their business on craigslist is one to worry about.. And should be a big red flag to stay away from.

Performance shops work off reputation and hard work.

If they do good work you will hear about it.

Thats my .02
Old 03-01-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
All I have to say is ....Any performance shop that markets their business on craigslist is one to worry about.. And should be a big red flag to stay away from.

Thats my .02
bingo

Last edited by 5w20; 03-01-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Thats my .02
yep^^^^^^
Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Well the posting says that he sells lsx engine and comes with 12 months/12,000 mile waranty if install by him.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Whats wrong with places advertising on CL, Maybe there just getting into the market trying to make money and rep or maybe there scammers.But if you dont have any info on them or anything to say about them dont hate. My own .02

May get bashed for this but owell its life. GL with you trying to get info on them OP.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Teching In

well i talked to 3 shops already and the one on cragslist sounds like has the better deal BUT I still haven't heard many things about it...
Old 03-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Teching In

I was at my engine builder, bump into a nice guy there. After talking to him for a while, I ask my builder if he could get me a set of TF heads. He said talk to that guy you was just talking too. So I did, an he told me his name (Kyle) and he was the owner of Thompson Motor Sports. Nicest guy you would every meet. He has everything you need for LS motors and more with a engine warranty. He is trying to get his name out there right now, so don't knock a guy for promoting his business. He also dyno tunes at his place with over a 1/8 mile strip at his place in Neveda,Tx to test your car. I have a friend that went missing after he had to close the doors on his shop, now he works for TMS. Give them a call for yourself.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:50 AM
Teching In

When i did call Thompson motor sport i the person i talked to was kyle. Still a month or so to decided who's going to work on my car.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just came across this, let me clear a few things up. We are located at 545 Justin Pl Nevada, TX 75173. We do advertise on CL at times, free advertisement. If anyone is curious about the work we do please call us or come by the shop and check us out, I can assure everyone do excellent work and take pride in what we do. We stand behind our work as good or better than any shop around. We are new so i understand the caution but would like a chance to show what we are able to do. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thompson
I just came across this, let me clear a few things up. We are located at 545 Justin Pl Nevada, TX 75173. We do advertise on CL at times, free advertisement. If anyone is curious about the work we do please call us or come by the shop and check us out, I can assure everyone do excellent work and take pride in what we do. We stand behind our work as good or better than any shop around. We are new so i understand the caution but would like a chance to show what we are able to do. Thanks everyone.
HE is really nice guy didnt meet him just spoke to him on the phone and bought some heads from him like 2 weeks ago which are getting intalled now by SQR should be ready by this friday tuned and eveything ill post my dyno #'s BY THE WAY THEY ARE LS6 HEADS CNC AND MILLED .20
Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

Oh dang he's a sponser on here thats cool. I bet post 5,6, and 7 feel retarted.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by soloman369
Oh dang he's a sponser on here thats cool. I bet post 5,6, and 7 feel retarted.
Nope sure don't he didn't become a sponsor until after this post was made.

And I still feel the same way about people that advertise on CL .

I have already told him "I wish him good luck with his company" and told him how I feel. He said he understands and no hard feelings.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thompson
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I know a guy that isnt a sponsor here but he is a member and has a shop that advertises on craigslist. Honest guy just trying to expand his business.

-Bert
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned

Thats my .02
just bc u find dirty hookers on CL doesnt mean its not a legit place to find good deals. This guy is legit and has nothing more than a business that he is trying to get to take off, and CL is free advertising like he said $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club

Nope sure don't he didn't become a sponsor until after this post was made.

And I still feel the same way about people that advertise on CL .

I have already told him "I wish him good luck with his company" and told him how I feel. He said he understands and no hard feelings.
ok...

Ppl like you make me laughf. Just cause it was craigslist you immediately jump on its tip. Then to get shown up, its priceless too me. I say if you had no expirence with the company or know anything about it keep your mouth shut. He asked for ppl info/expirence not there opinions.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Busy Mopper
just bc u find dirty hookers on CL doesnt mean its not a legit place to find good deals. This guy is legit and has nothing more than a business that he is trying to get to take off, and CL is free advertising like he said $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Originally Posted by soloman369
ok...

Ppl like you make me laughf. Just cause it was craigslist you immediately jump on its tip. Then to get shown up, its priceless too me. I say if you had no expirence with the company or know anything about it keep your mouth shut. He asked for ppl info/expirence not there opinions.
This is for both of you lets just see what some of the larger shops think of CL and what there opinions are on them.

Do you see LMR, G-force, LG Motorsports, Texas Speed and Performance or any of the larger shops adverting on CL???
This has be brought up many times before.. I’m not the first to say what I did and I still won’t back down or change my thought on it.
What I can’t get is the one that said “owned” like the shop was a sponsor on here before this post was made. “The OP was done in 3/1/2011” He’s one now I’m happy about that and I told him welcome to the boards and wish him the best of luck. But I still feel that CL is where a lot of the scammers go… and I will just stay the hell away from that.

I’ve heard of to many scams on CL from members here that get ripped off.. Why would you chance it??

Quick Reply: Has any one heard of Thompson Motor Sports