Question to police officers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG ED'S 35TH SS
easiest way to avoid the whole problem is to not be speeding!!!
I dont speed. I comfortably cruise at a faster pace of movement.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Teching In

I posed this question to a LEO, his response: "The first one to pull over"!!!

He also said that in a bunch - the car that has the least amount of business exceeding the limit. For example the dingbat smoking a cigarette, talking on the cell phone, driving a beat-up mini-van full of kids with a flat doughnut - doing 80! -Said this actually happened.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I always try to stay within 5 of the posted limit at least around town, and highways around DFW you better be doing 70 (in a 60) or get run over. or go with the flow of traffic. last time I got pulled ofer was in my home town 50 mph limit and all were doing 45 because of the cop so I went around at like 53 and the jerk pulled me over- no ticket more of a warning -your following too close, cant fudge on the limit. I was courteous, had my hands in view and he let met go.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zman1969
I always try to stay within 5 of the posted limit at least around town, and highways around DFW you better be doing 70 (in a 60) or get run over. or go with the flow of traffic. last time I got pulled ofer was in my home town 50 mph limit and all were doing 45 because of the cop so I went around at like 53 and the jerk pulled me over- no ticket more of a warning -your following too close, cant fudge on the limit. I was courteous, had my hands in view and he let met go.
Well Im alway courteous alway yes sir/ma'am. I turn off my car and do as im told but it seems like they could care less about that. And yeah dfw area you better be speeding in order to not get ran over. Just like in houston, last time I went there I had to do 80-85 just to keep up.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tomtomLS1Z28
Well Just like in houston, last time I went there I had to do 80-85 just to keep up.
Not anymore in Houston. With budget cut backs the City is out in force to generate ticket revenue. HPD has a fleet of unmarked cars and motorcycle cops on the interstates and are pulling over cars right and left. I received a ticket for 3 over the limit. The jerk pulled me over for "illegal lane change" because I had to swerve to avoid rear ending a woman in a suburban that slammed the brakes after we both topped the hill and he was on the shoulder with his laser gun. Radar detector - no good on the laser.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Corvee
Not anymore in Houston. With budget cut backs the City is out in force to generate ticket revenue. HPD has a fleet of unmarked cars and motorcycle cops on the interstates and are pulling over cars right and left. I received a ticket for 3 over the limit. The jerk pulled me over for "illegal lane change" because I had to swerve to avoid rear ending a woman in a suburban that slammed the brakes after we both topped the hill and he was on the shoulder with his laser gun. Radar detector - no good on the laser.
lol you have got to be kidding me right?

I was doing 80 home last night on 290 and I was getting passed like I was standing still.

Sat I played with a gtr and supra on 45 and nothing.

Sat morning I was ran off the road 3 times by idiots. Cops pulling people over, yeah right you have got to be joking.

Heck this am i watched 4 cars run the red light infront of me so they could make the right hand turn. there was even a cop in the other lane and he didn't even notice....

I think you must be in the wrong part of town lol
Old 03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

when i was workin in Houston 59 and I10 was cop infested all hours of the day/night. This was about a month ago driving from Porter area to section 8 housing places of of I10 when i was doing all that govenment crap putting in new AC
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zman1969
I would say that If I was the first one in the pack, Dont let off, law of the wild the slowest weakest one gets it.....
Old 03-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I think you must be in the wrong part of town lol
No I live in the RIGHT side of town, away from the riff-raff.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

On my way out to Cypress from downtown, I ran into at least 4-5 motorcycle cops on the shoulder of I-10 using laser. It was 9:45pm. To be honest, I wasn't speeding but he scared the hell out of me.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Learned lastnight don't be the lead car. I'll be at Webster court soon
Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Well I know now that t next time I go to houston not to be speeding. I can't afford anymore tickets... I think that I have 5 or 6. Strikes on my record
Old 08-25-2019, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years ago I was coming home from a party in my 68 Datsun 2000S (look it up) It was about 2 in the morning I had the top down with a half bottle of Tequila under a blanket behind the seat. I pass a cruiser parked on the side of road. I cruise by and when I think I'm far enough ahead I start flashing my lights to warn the oncoming cars. Well next thing I know I'm being lit up. I pull over and the cop comes up beside the car and starts giving me a lecture about warning potential drunk drivers, The next thing he starts telling me how on a recent road trip he got pulled over, recieving a ticket. I looked up at him and said if someone had been coming the other way and flashed their lights you would have been damn thankful. He just walked back to his car and left.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Years ago I was coming home from a party in my 68 Datsun 2000S.
The post is 8 years old, They are all old and driving under the speed limit in the fast lane with their turn signal on for miles by now.

But since you brought it back to the top, They are legally supposed to pull over the car in front because that's the car that they get the reading from, They are not reading the speed of the second/third/forth and so on down the line and it's a slam dunk if you can prove it in court.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

A Canadian reading 8 year posts in the Texas Section!
Old 02-23-2020, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a police officer threaten to write me a ticket for my tail lights on my 98 formula Ws6. this was early 2000s. I politely said they are stock taillights. I even offered to go up to the local Pontiac dealership with him. It was 2 minutes away. He said nah I’ll take your word for it...... it’s been almost 20 years but still cracks me up. Don’t believe he was a car guy.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
The post is 8 years old, They are all old and driving under the speed limit in the fast lane with their turn signal on for miles by now.
and the fbodies are sold and they are running ls2/ls3 auto vettes.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don’t why my post ended up here it was suppose to be in the dumbest things asked about my car thread.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMike24
I don’t why my post ended up here it was suppose to be in the dumbest things asked about my car thread.
this happened to me a week ago. I was on my phone and maybe some how replied to the related thread that came up after the post I meant to reply in. it ended up also bumping a 10 year old post

Quick Reply: Question to police officers...