Aggressive Dog Breeds

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Insurance company should have the right to pursue it as long as your able to provide the information as to what occured and the animal control report. Most insurance companies have there on legal system that will work to recover the amount.

My Ex's dog is a Dobe and man that thing is the biggest titty baby in the world. My damn Corgi has a bigger attitude then the Dobe ever does. All that Dobe wants to do is be touching you or laying at your feet. Bad raps for dogs when its almost always the human or trainers fault for the aggresion.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well after two more attempts at speaking with the renters we got a atty since they wouldnt speak to us. all we ever wanted was to get the medical bills covered. the atty's staff got with various neighbors (6 households) who all made statements that the two dogs were vicious and that they have gotten out before. the man who got the dog off of her while the owners watched the attack said that he doesnt allow his two young boys out in the front yard for fear that they will be attcked. he said he has had several confrontations with these people about ther dogs getting out of the yard and that he has been met with comments like "what are you going to do about it". the renters did state to the animal control people that the dog that did the attack was one they were watching for a freind, the neighbor told the atty that the dog has been with them since they moved in about 6mths ago. the atty said that thats even better if its true since now he will sue the renters, the home owner and the dog owner instead of just the two. we will see were this goes.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Move to a place pussies don't run.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

LOL at all the people defending the aggresive breed dogs. Theyre on a list for a reasons, stereotypes exist for a reson people, they arent just made out of thin air. For people to think pits and chows are of no danger to people is completely asinine. What dog breeds do you hear constantly about attacking people? Personally I wouldnt mind one of you guys dogs getting out and getting after me, then I could be a rich lazy *** and laugh at your stupidity after I took you for everything youre worth and then what your insurance would pay. The liability for owning a dog like that are too great, you cant undo hundreds of years of breeding with a pat on the *** and a doggy treat.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mondols1
well after two more attempts at speaking with the renters we got a atty since they wouldnt speak to us. all we ever wanted was to get the medical bills covered. the atty's staff got with various neighbors (6 households) who all made statements that the two dogs were vicious and that they have gotten out before. the man who got the dog off of her while the owners watched the attack said that he doesnt allow his two young boys out in the front yard for fear that they will be attcked. he said he has had several confrontations with these people about ther dogs getting out of the yard and that he has been met with comments like "what are you going to do about it". the renters did state to the animal control people that the dog that did the attack was one they were watching for a freind, the neighbor told the atty that the dog has been with them since they moved in about 6mths ago. the atty said that thats even better if its true since now he will sue the renters, the home owner and the dog owner instead of just the two. we will see were this goes.
Definitely lawyer up man, you need to show scumbags like this that it is not ok to allow this to happen. Sue their ***** off but you probably won't see a dime because they probably don't have any money to begin with. Lucky I wasn't the neighbor I would have blown the dogs head off.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
LOL at all the people defending the aggresive breed dogs. Theyre on a list for a reasons, stereotypes exist for a reson people, they arent just made out of thin air. For people to think pits and chows are of no danger to people is completely asinine. What dog breeds do you hear constantly about attacking people? Personally I wouldnt mind one of you guys dogs getting out and getting after me, then I could be a rich lazy *** and laugh at your stupidity after I took you for everything youre worth and then what your insurance would pay. The liability for owning a dog like that are too great, you cant undo hundreds of years of breeding with a pat on the *** and a doggy treat.
You are obviously ignorant on this subject, probably close minded as well but I won't make that judgement until you respond to my next post. I am on my phone now but I will respond to this amazing post next time I'm on the computer because there is so much misinformed opinions in it that it would take me a bit too long on my phone.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

wow...so i guess blacks love fried chicken and asians can't drive? no? but you said stereotypes exist for a reason...you couldn't make my dogs be aggressive if you tried. we worked hard on training and socializing them so to have a close-minded person come on here and make ignorant comments like this is insulting...and your on a sports car forum so if i was following your logic then owning a sports car is just to big a liability to own so we just shouldn't get LS equipped vehicles? animals obviously aren't your area of expertise so you should probably just stick to commenting on peoples threads about what cam is best for their set-up
Old 04-04-2011, 08:56 PM

You two are as closed minded as me by your logic. Ive grown up around dogs my entire life, and even owned a rottweiler for 13 years. My grandpa breed german shepards, and my aunt is very active in a pitbull rehabilitation program. Simply because I have an educated opinion doesnt mean I dont belong in the same thread as people who are defending their dog(s).

You hear/see it all the time where people say "My dog has never acted out until today, never been aggressive, etc, etc."

If you dont believe that stereotypes are based off of reality then I cant even begin to have an intelligent conversation with you. The difference between havign a sports car and an aggressive dog is that YOU have control over the car and your actions but if you feel that you have control over a dog you are sorely mistaken. How bout this one?
http://www.ktvu.com/news/26359810/de...=cmg_cntnt_rss
Professionally trained police dog that mauls a private persons dog and kills it. So please tell me how you can possibly think that you have complete control over your dog that is trained by you who is not a prefessional trainer like the ones that take care of service dogs?

Like I said you cant undo hundreds of years of breeding with doggy treats and ata-boys. There are literally thousands of stories I could link to, to support my stance.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I disagree. My dog's breed is on most "lists" and gets a bad rap, although it's a top 5 breed in intelligence and loyalty. They make fantastic family pets.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:51 AM

I don't blame you guys who are defending your dogs, I fully intend on getting either a doberman or German shepard once one of my current animals croaks. I can guarantee you I won't be allowing them to be around other people off a leash given the inherent volatility of either of those dog breeds. They make great service dogs but at the end of the day they are still animals and you will never be able to totally control them.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-05-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OP I have two Rotts, if they ask just tell them its a mix breed, don't go into details.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

I love dogs, but some owners are completely blind to statistics for particular breeds and which breeds are more prone to attacks.

There's a reason the HOA has the list...because statistics and history back it up. As 1slow said, stereotypes exist because their is truth behind them all. They aren't simply made up for no reason and no, it's not racist to understand that because stereotypes go beyond race.

Yes, many of the dogs may go without ever having an incident, but the breed is more prone and the HOA has a right to not allow it to protect the residents from the ones from that breed who would cause an incident.

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Chows are awesome dogs, best dog I ever had. If people would just keep their dogs in a fenced area, or on a leash half of attacks on human's would not happen. That goes with any breed.
A dog shouldn't have to be on a fence and leash to not ATTACK someone.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 04-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure if I should just laugh at you being the typical close minded "expert" without a shred of research or be mad that you spread false info as truth. I went ahead and did you a favor. I did some looking up on stats that I could find for you to look at and do us all a favor and stop spreading lies....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Which-Dog-...day&id=2619899

http://www.thedogpress.com/Columns/J...e.Stats_09.htm
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I love dogs, but some owners are completely blind to statistics for particular breeds and which breeds are more prone to attacks.

There's a reason the HOA has the list...because statistics and history back it up. As 1slow said, stereotypes exist because their is truth behind them all. They aren't simply made up for no reason and no, it's not racist to understand that because stereotypes go beyond race.

Yes, many of the dogs may go without ever having an incident, but the breed is more prone and the HOA has a right to not allow it to protect the residents from the ones from that breed who would cause an incident.

Sorry, but no, that is a crock of ****. Stereotypes exist because of peoples' perception. And b/c a majority of people are sheep and can be swayed to believe anything.

ANY stastician can skew data to read the outcome they are after. History, really? Have you read any recent social studies books in public schools? I know that's not the history you're referring to. I'm using it as an example because history can be easily skewed also. HOA's prevent certain breeds living in the neighborhood due to public opinion. Lol, I can't have a pit in a certain neighborhood. But I can have a ******* weapon arsenal. How do they know I know how to handle a weapon? How do they know I'm not a psycho?

A domestic dog only knows what you teach it. Small dogs are WAY more inclined to bite. Usually b/c they are babied, and are not taught to be submissive to their owner.

I could care less what experience you've had. Or who you know that does what. If you had a dog for any number of years, and you can't trust it, you don't know how to raise a dog.

I have two pits. People come over to my house and can take food out of their mouths. Why? B/c they know I run the show at my house. I dont have their ears clipped or their tails docked. When strangers meet them, they hug all over them. Most of them have no idea that my dogs are pits.

A pit, rott, german shepherd, etc. are powerful breeds. They are no more inclined to bite than a chihuahua. Owners just need to be more responsible.

Its this kind of bullshit thinking that allows the authorities to keep taking our rights, and telling us how to live. And its also irresponsible ******** whose behavior sheds a negative light on owning a powerful dog breed.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Launching!

but the fact of the matter still remains, no matter what your opinion is, that these dogs are on a list because there are irresponsible people out there that do not take the time to properly train them and they are more likely to end up harming someone if they happen to get out of their fence or away from their owners authority over them.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68

Will when they do attack it's because they are not. Besides that's city and county ordinance!

Last edited by kennyxg; 04-06-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Allways_Lost
I'm not sure if I should just laugh at you being the typical close minded "expert" without a shred of research or be mad that you spread false info as truth. I went ahead and did you a favor. I did some looking up on stats that I could find for you to look at and do us all a favor and stop spreading lies....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Which-Dog-...day&id=2619899

http://www.thedogpress.com/Columns/J...e.Stats_09.htm
Yeah, gotta watch out for the killer weiner dog

The second link is a bunch of wishy washy bs that basically lumps all mix breeds together. It has no statistics for mixed breeds that are part of any breed on the "list". The fact remains that a lot of the breeds on the dangerous list are listed in that article you linked to as being dangerous. You really should read the crap that you post, all those links did is further cement my stance.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Sorry, but no, that is a crock of ****. Stereotypes exist because of peoples' perception. And b/c a majority of people are sheep and can be swayed to believe anything.

ANY stastician can skew data to read the outcome they are after. History, really? Have you read any recent social studies books in public schools? I know that's not the history you're referring to. I'm using it as an example because history can be easily skewed also. HOA's prevent certain breeds living in the neighborhood due to public opinion. Lol, I can't have a pit in a certain neighborhood. But I can have a ******* weapon arsenal. How do they know I know how to handle a weapon? How do they know I'm not a psycho?

A domestic dog only knows what you teach it. Small dogs are WAY more inclined to bite. Usually b/c they are babied, and are not taught to be submissive to their owner.

I could care less what experience you've had. Or who you know that does what. If you had a dog for any number of years, and you can't trust it, you don't know how to raise a dog.

I have two pits. People come over to my house and can take food out of their mouths. Why? B/c they know I run the show at my house. I dont have their ears clipped or their tails docked. When strangers meet them, they hug all over them. Most of them have no idea that my dogs are pits.

A pit, rott, german shepherd, etc. are powerful breeds. They are no more inclined to bite than a chihuahua. Owners just need to be more responsible.

Its this kind of bullshit thinking that allows the authorities to keep taking our rights, and telling us how to live. And its also irresponsible ******** whose behavior sheds a negative light on owning a powerful dog breed.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying as far as the little dogs biting but the fact remains when a big dog snaps it causes a lot of damage a little not so much, that's why you don't see those mean *** little pomeranians and daschunds on these lists.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree about the stereotypes thing, to deny they are based off some facet of fact is asinine but I know my stance falls upon deaf ears.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
And its also irresponsible ******** whose behavior sheds a negative light on owning a powerful dog breed.
all the time you wasted on that long post to only have one valid point

Quick Reply: Aggressive Dog Breeds