Broke my car the day before Tx2k11

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Broke my car the day before Tx2k11

So on my way to get a tune done for the big weekend im crusing down Red Bluff. I find a silver LT1 Formula and a Black LS1 WS6 and think what the hell even with the motor being out of tune and it running like poop. ill give them a laugh and do a quick run before the shop (on motor only).

First good run we were 3 wide and i pull both cars by about a car before i let off not wanting to go over 100. Then the Formula seems to want a good run again so we slow down and wait for a good gap in few little traffic and we take off. i seem to be pulling the LT1 very easy but as soon as my stall was spun up and trying to hit 3rd BOOM.

I seem to have lost all gears but come to find out if i rev the **** out of it i can, but bearly gain a few mph while costing and i got it to the nearest gas station.

The two guys that i ran into seem to be very good guys though (didnt get their names) but the Formula made sure i made it to the gas station and the other waited for me there to make sure i was ok.

Just wanted to say thanks again to thoughs guys and i got the car home (wrecker) but to all the LS1tech members here i have an idea it could be a burn up stall would anyone else know the signs and symptoms of a bad stall?
maybe i can have it done before the weekends over???

Last edited by NastySSnTexas; 03-17-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Everytime i broke one it would make a loud knocking sound. You sure you didnt just snap the convertor bolts or flywheel? Got sick of messing with autos after i had to get them continuosly rebuilt.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Everytime i broke one it would make a loud knocking sound. You sure you didnt just snap the convertor bolts or flywheel? Got sick of messing with autos after i had to get them continuosly rebuilt.
possibly coulda snaped the convertor bolts but then wouldnt there be a loud banging noise from it bouncing around inside the bell housing when it was in gear? and i dont think i broke the flywheel only because it still moves on its own power and i can start the car with no problem. Even from a dead stop i can get it to slowly start moving if i rev it up high enough...almost like a burn up clutch.

The convertor itself may be making noise when its in gear but i wouldnt know it due to me having to rev it so high to get it to move and with LTs, straight Y pipe and stright pipe...its extreamly loud with rpm

Last edited by NastySSnTexas; 03-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Ide have to see it to know exactly what it was. Let me know what you decide.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think its the converter. I broke my 10 bolt once and swapped in a 12 bolt. Once we installed it i tried to go for a little test drive and I had no working gears. I think it was the sprag but im not 100 percent sure. If it is your converter i have a tci 3200 that circle d went thru for me that has been sitting unused. If you need to borrow it for this weekend or until you get yours fixed if it is broke you are welcome to borrow it just pm me.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I don't think its the converter. I broke my 10 bolt once and swapped in a 12 bolt. Once we installed it i tried to go for a little test drive and I had no working gears. I think it was the sprag but im not 100 percent sure. If it is your converter i have a tci 3200 that circle d went thru for me that has been sitting unused. If you need to borrow it for this weekend or until you get yours fixed if it is broke you are welcome to borrow it just pm me.
sweet man yeah im going to start on it bright and early ill PM you if it looks like its it
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Teching In

That's cool as hell that you would do that. To the op good luck getting back on the road. Damn and you still have to get a tune!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DKM DWN
That's cool as hell that you would do that. To the op good luck getting back on the road. Damn and you still have to get a tune!
very true but i think there will be a few tuners out and about tomorrow night...might just have to get one done on the fly!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

damn man sorry to hear. your not the only one my car broke 2 days ago and i have been' trying to figure it out all day, for the past 2 days and nothing. i litterally built this car just because of this event. i have had my car for almost 5 years and have went to tx2kx goin on 5th time and have still have yet to take my car. it has been broke or in a shop every single year at this time. im pissed.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool of you to volunteer your parts bro
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Launching!

excuses.

j/p man sry for the bad luck
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Your not really racing unless your breaking something" is my motto.

Thats why I put my car up I was just tired of the endless money pit.LOL
Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
Yeah my converter sounded like an engine knock, pulled over and it made a pop and no more trans...