TX2K11 - Z06 Crashes @ Test N Tune Vs Nineball's Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas
that guy that wrecked the z06 is obvously the average z06 owner. rich. and not a driver.
i reccomend all 6 speed corvette guys to get front line lock for your brakes mkes geting the tires sticky a whole lot easier!
Scott is not the typical Z06 owner/driver. He has been racing his car for some time and he has ran MANY mid 10 second 1/4 mile times all motor unlike your car with nitrous. Before you run your mouth about someone maybe you should know their back ground a little.

**** happens and it happened in front of a large crowd of people. Spend some time at the track and you will see a lot of car going sideways in the burnout...

When something happens to your car I will make sure we lable you as the "average z06 owner, rich, and not a driver."
Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowredz
Stock bottom end and a 75 shot

are you willing to bet on that
find me who touched the engine and ill give you the car.
worked over heads. lingenfelter cam,intake and TB.
full exhaust. legal exhaust btw.
all GM internals - the cam and the valve srings.

5 clutchs 3 axles and multiple (MULTIPLE) tire combos later finally found what the c6 z06 likes at the Dragstrip.
after about 1000 passes later also finally got it to dip, and stay in the 6.Xx time range!

you forgot to mention that you think its an fully built auto matic!
its the 6 speed gm built!

if you havent done the research theres plenty stock bottom end boosted 7.0 z06s making way more power.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to put it out there, that I did not post this to make fun of the driver in any way. It's unfortunate that it happened. **** happens, even to experienced drivers.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

What happened was I was calling him to tell him to get the car straight... he dropped his phone and that's what happened!!!... actually, i sent him a pic of my car and he got sacred...
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Scott is not the typical Z06 owner/driver. He has been racing his car for some time and he has ran MANY mid 10 second 1/4 mile times all motor unlike your car with nitrous. Before you run your mouth about someone maybe you should know their back ground a little.

**** happens and it happened in front of a large crowd of people. Spend some time at the track and you will see a lot of car going sideways in the burnout...

When something happens to your car I will make sure we lable you as the "average z06 owner, rich, and not a driver."
thanks for the bio i dont know the guy so yea my fault for running my mouth i was really just making a general point about most z06 owners out in the world , i should of done the HW, my bad im sure hes a great driver.
sorry if i offended you or him didnt mean too, **** and i spend too much time at the track, your buddy hillybilly just came down to denton sat night and took 1500 from me cause dumbass tony thorn out here redlit. an you cn go ahead and label me that cause i wrecked the z06 two yers ago in kennedale shifting into second gear(on motor) an street tires. i still going to say though unless somthing broke he PROBALY could of avoided that guardrail. but who knows. maybe someone had him aimed wrong. maybe they put too much wter. i heardthe track was shitty....and heres a pic of me getting wicked sideways on a burnout so i know what cha mean mister chad. good luck to your friend getting his car back together.

link aint working in my browser here it is
http://texaspic.net/p536915198/e54f9e2b

on the topic... if i hadnt stayed on the gas...adjusted my steer..then i would of gone head on into the barrier....so for the other people talking about how to avoid it...dependin gon your car setup and power....if you get sideways dont just let off the gas because then your tires are hot...STICKY..and if you didnt adjust your steer you probaly going to jump really hard into the barrier.

http://texaspic.net/p536915198/e54f9e2b
Old 03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
To give that guy credit not everyone knows the background on everyone and to do a search would be hard, as he does not know who he is at all obviously. But yes this guy has a lot of seat time. But do the typical new, rich, vette owners usually do this kinda ****, yes. Don't have to fo on blast mode bc of a comment that in most cases would be true.
That's why people should watch what they say about someone they don't know. **** happens and people do stupid thing but until you are in that situation no one will know the outcome.

I have made some close calls in my past and when dealing with car/racing Karma is a bitch. You will never hear me talk **** to someone about wrecking or blowing up a motor because one day it will come back.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the bio i dont know the guy so yea my fault for running my mouth i was really just making a general point about most z06 owners out in the world , i should of done the HW, my bad im sure hes a great driver.
sorry if i offended you or him didnt mean too, **** and i spend too much time at the track, your buddy hillybilly just came down to denton sat night and took 1500 from me cause dumbass tony thorn out here redlit. an you cn go ahead and label me that cause i wrecked the z06 two yers ago in kennedale shifting into second gear(on motor) an street tires. i still going to say though unless somthing broke he PROBALY could of avoided that guardrail. but who knows. maybe someone had him aimed wrong. maybe they put too much wter. i heardthe track was shitty....and heres a pic of me getting wicked sideways on a burnout so i know what cha mean mister chad. good luck to your friend getting his car back together.
Its not a big deal, just gets old seeing all the **** talking about someone people do not know. Scott can drive very well, maybe it could have been avoided but who knows.

Thomas did win a bunch of Change last weekend. They said the total was 10k... Tony's car flys but Hillybillys SBC is no punk. I know the rematch is going to be huge, I bet it is going to be in the 10-20k range.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tony`s clutch fry was Nasty! Could not escape the smell , even in 20mph winds. I have seen him burn at least 6-8 over the years but that S/C Z06 annihilated those fibers!

Still would not trade that for the dude`s pain in the other lane.. I feel for him , as that sucked!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Its not a big deal, just gets old seeing all the **** talking about someone people do not know. Scott can drive very well, maybe it could have been avoided but who knows.

Thomas did win a bunch of Change last weekend. They said the total was 10k... Tony's car flys but Hillybillys SBC is no punk. I know the rematch is going to be huge, I bet it is going to be in the 10-20k range.

it was 2K then i heard they were running . so i told a buddy we put in 1500..now 3500..quickly went to more man i was there in the pit doubt it got to 10 k ppl in dallas was bettin on hillbilly too. tony runs in the eighties so it was a one i thought he had i know hill billy been in fours he was testing before the race i know he went a .13 figured it was a shoe in ******* tony went red i lost half of my earnings from that night i won the big tire race.
beat david houser and travis orr.

i hope the next race goes for that much we normally dont bet for those high numbers but im sure between all the racers and fans ..it might get that high. when tony goes down there ill be bringing checkerboard me and horace have unfinished business i couldnt get him to get in the lane next to me for nothing , also looking for gordy if you know where hes hiding dallas will be invading hmp this year probaly late summer.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

are you willing to bet on that
find me who touched the engine and ill give you the car.
worked over heads. lingenfelter cam,intake and TB.
full exhaust. legal exhaust btw.
all GM internals - the cam and the valve srings.

5 clutchs 3 axles and multiple (MULTIPLE) tire combos later finally found what the c6 z06 likes at the Dragstrip.
after about 1000 passes later also finally got it to dip, and stay in the 6.Xx time range!

you forgot to mention that you think its an fully built auto matic!
its the 6 speed gm built!

if you havent done the research theres plenty stock bottom end boosted 7.0 z06s making way more power.
I know it's a 6 speed, that's why it's so slow..... And you forgot to mention the "75 shot"
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this on a forum from up north. Havn't seen it on here yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyB4l...embedded#at=21
Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Sucked to see that happen to Scott, as Chad has already stated, the dude has made many 10 second passes in this car trapping mid 130's on motor, it was just a freak accident, and he JUST got a full detail/paint correction done on the car too
Old 03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99RedHawk

Holy crap, that guy's shoe came untied.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Launching!

lol^ @ THE SHOE

CAMBIRD RACING GOOD ANGLE THERE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED.