LMR - TX Mile Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
She and no. Safety crew and other people are supposed to handle those things directly. Would it be better to run over there and then stand there?

You have been around enough racing sanction bodies to know that bystanders, albeit photographers or not are supposed to stay away.
Agreed!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

She and no. Safety crew and other people are supposed to handle those things directly. Would it be better to run over there and then stand there?

You have been around enough racing sanction bodies to know that bystanders, albeit photographers or not are supposed to stay away.
Yup, unless youre properly trained for that type of situation, you only get in the way. What would happen if she was to run over there and pull the driver out and paralyze him from a neck injury?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cjmatt
Yup, unless youre properly trained for that type of situation, you only get in the way. What would happen if she was to run over there and pull the driver out and paralyze him from a neck injury?
Couldn't have said it better myself, this actually happened to a buddy of mine.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:03 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Yes, under normal circumstance, like at a 1/4 or 1/8 mile track, I would agree. Typically, the designated safety crews are going to get there before anyone else anyways.

However, to act so nonchalant when a person that close could be seriously hurt doesn't seem right. Things worked out for the best, thankfully, but if that car had caught fire and the driver couldn't escape, she could have been there for that critical split second to pull him to safety. But none of that even seemed to cross her mind as she seemed to take more of a "thats not my job" attitude and thats whats f***ed up.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by KCS
Yes, under normal circumstance, like at a 1/4 or 1/8 mile track, I would agree. Typically, the designated safety crews are going to get there before anyone else anyways.

However, to act so nonchalant when a person that close could be seriously hurt doesn't seem right. Things worked out for the best, thankfully, but if that car had caught fire and the driver couldn't escape, she could have been there for that critical split second to pull him to safety. But none of that even seemed to cross her mind as she seemed to take more of a "thats not my job" attitude and thats whats f***ed up.

have you ever been to the mile? do you know the person your talking about? I know em and I was there. They are trained on what to do. I can promise you the trucks and ambulance got there before she could have even ran across the field. its not like she was 10ft away she was a good distance.

had she helped she may of done more damage than good but you clearly thought of that already.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe you dont realize that safety crews were there in 30 seconds and the car came to rest probably 1000ft away from her. Did you want her to run 1000ft and show up after the crews already arrived to do nothing? Tx Mile has rules about un-authorized people to approach the scene of an accident.

Beyond that, this wreck was NO WHERE NEAR as violent as the Lambo crash. This driver got lucky with the cage he had IMO. He spun/flipped around 200mph. Lambo lost it above 230mph and took a MUCH worse tumble.

William
Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro-Sutra
Maybe you dont realize that safety crews were there in 30 seconds and the car came to rest probably 1000ft away from her. Did you want her to run 1000ft and show up after the crews already arrived to do nothing? Tx Mile has rules about un-authorized people to approach the scene of an accident.

Beyond that, this wreck was NO WHERE NEAR as violent as the Lambo crash. This driver got lucky with the cage he had IMO. He spun/flipped around 200mph. Lambo lost it above 230mph and took a MUCH worse tumble.

William

Yeah that Lambo went end over end and appeared to be a much more violent wreck. However I would imagine it was pretty damn violent from both drivers point of view... I was shocked to see that is all he had for cage, very lucky in this incident...

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 03-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KCS
But none of that even seemed to cross her mind as she seemed to take more of a "thats not my job" attitude and thats whats f***ed up.
Leave it to the pros they pay to be on-site. I don't want some idiot trying to pull me out of the vehicle if my spine/neck is broken. Good way to get sued to the poor house.

I broke a collarbone on my old GSXR at the track. I only let the EMTs take a look.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Teching In

she was quite a bit of a distance from the cars resting spot, she couldnt have even made it half way before the crews got to the car.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
have you ever been to the mile? do you know the person your talking about? I know em and I was there. They are trained on what to do. I can promise you the trucks and ambulance got there before she could have even ran across the field. its not like she was 10ft away she was a good distance.

had she helped she may of done more damage than good but you clearly thought of that already.
Yes, I have thought of that already. Like I said, some situations call for the person to be moved, like if the car was on fire.

Don't take it personally if this is a friend of yours. I'm just commenting on how it seemed like she didn't even care for the driver's safety or look to see if there was anything she could have done. She just seemed more concerned with her photographs.

Last edited by KCS; 03-28-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by Camaro-Sutra

William
I appreciate the different views, but it seems everyone is missing the point.

I'm not saying whether or not she actually could have done anything.

I'm not saying she should have taken off into a dead sprint to pull the guy out to safety and give him CPR or something.

I'm saying had she been able to do something, had she been able to save the guys life, it didn't seem like she even looked up from her camera long enough to make that decision. I don't understand how one could witness something like that happen so close, and would rather see how the their pictures look.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

KCS, you are right. Kat is an evil girl, and surely her 90 lbs of mass could have pryed any remaining fiberglass apart, and she probably could have dragged the driver out with one hand behind her back. She was a lot further away from the accident than the video makes it appear. That field is super wide and very long. They are instructed to STAY AWAY at all costs. Even the car owners or pit crew cannot approach a wreck scene until the safety crew clears it. Would it have made you feel better if she sprinted another 100 ft closer before looking at her camera? Geez. Not like there was much for her to be able to do, and she didn't want to chance seeing some dead body up close. Looking at a camera might have been her distraction from having to watch any gory details that may have happened after. Who knows?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
KCS, you are right. Kat is an evil girl, and surely her 90 lbs of mass could have pryed any remaining fiberglass apart, and she probably could have dragged the driver out with one hand behind her back. She was a lot further away from the accident than the video makes it appear. That field is super wide and very long. They are instructed to STAY AWAY at all costs. Even the car owners or pit crew cannot approach a wreck scene until the safety crew clears it. Would it have made you feel better if she sprinted another 100 ft closer before looking at her camera? Geez. Not like there was much for her to be able to do, and she didn't want to chance seeing some dead body up close. Looking at a camera might have been her distraction from having to watch any gory details that may have happened after. Who knows?
C'mon Tony, don't be so dense. Thats not what I'm saying at all.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KCS
I appreciate the different views, but it seems everyone is missing the point.
I get ya and appreciate the fact you would have felt obligated to do something to help someone else.

However, the people that work these events are professionals and know when to stay away and let people that can help do their job.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
C'mon Tony, don't be so dense. Thats not what I'm saying at all.
Sounds exactly like what you are saying from my point of view. JMHO
Old 03-28-2011, 05:32 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by Kingsize
Sounds exactly like what you are saying from my point of view. JMHO
Then read slowly and more carefully...

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm not saying whether or not she actually could have done anything.

I'm not saying she should have taken off into a dead sprint to pull the guy out to safety and give him CPR or something.

I'm saying had she been able to do something, had she been able to save the guys life, it didn't seem like she even looked up from her camera long enough to make that decision. I don't understand how one could witness something like that happen so close, and would rather see how the their pictures look.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

I'm pretty sure if no one is agreeing with you. your just might be wrong, but I dunno
Old 03-28-2011, 06:00 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
I'm pretty sure if no one is agreeing with you. your just might be wrong, but I dunno
Right and wrong is not a popularity contest...
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 PM
LS7 Member

Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Teching In

this argument fails!!! can we move on to the original subject