Non Texans in Texas members

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Malicious
Nope, happy where I am. Some of the better tech threads are in this section though.
I was born in Tulsa and grew up for the first 1/2 of my life in Sand Springs. From then on I was a CA boy.

As mentioned earlier, its not the location. No matter where I moved to in Texas, I'd still be an 18 year old with no friends because I didn't go to high school here, I would still be working a shitty paying job that costs me more money for the commute to and from work than I actually make in a shift (I'm LOSING money going to work. Wtf is that all about?), I'm not used to the climate or the culture, my neighbor with an 02 Firehawk is a flaming racist with his house and vehicles (sans the hawk) plastered in confederate flags and other racial slurs, my summer is looking pretty bleak and my dream of 8 years of wanting a Procharged black 98+ Trans Am also looks like it will be going nowhere as well

Yup. **** this place
Old 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
I was born in Tulsa and grew up for the first 1/2 of my life in Sand Springs. From then on I was a CA boy.

As mentioned earlier, its not the location. No matter where I moved to in Texas, I'd still be an 18 year old with no friends because I didn't go to high school here, I would still be working a shitty paying job that costs me more money for the commute to and from work than I actually make in a shift (I'm LOSING money going to work. Wtf is that all about?), I'm not used to the climate or the culture, my neighbor with an 02 Firehawk is a flaming racist with his house and vehicles (sans the hawk) plastered in confederate flags and other racial slurs, my summer is looking pretty bleak and my dream of 8 years of wanting a Procharged black 98+ Trans Am also looks like it will be going nowhere as well

Yup. **** this place
You sir are dismissed.

J/k - although Haltom City is not exactly what I would call the best place in the metroplex to meet cool people. Where do you work?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Yup. **** this place
I know a black guy with the Confederate flag tattooed on his arm. Gotta love Texas. I will say that there are still some ignorant pukes in the smaller towns who still harp on race, but I have run into a lot more up north than I have down here. It's a stereotype that the typical Texas "redneck" spends his off time hanging blacks and shooting at Mexicans by the Lowes parking lot.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99FRC
You sir are dismissed.

J/k - although Haltom City is not exactly what I would call the best place in the metroplex to meet cool people. Where do you work?
haha what are you talking about man, everyday is a party in Haltom! Just ask all of my frien-- Oh wait...

Not sure how to meet ANYBODY, it's hard to make friends in community college, everyone just shows up, gets in, gets out, and leaves. Not like high school or universities I work at a restaurant in Ft. Worth called Charleston's. TCU's coach Gary Patterson came in the other day and I spilled coffee and food all over him

Let's just say I'm not going out for the team next year

Originally Posted by TechCam97
I know a black guy with the Confederate flag tattooed on his arm. Gotta love Texas. I will say that there are still some ignorant pukes in the smaller towns who still harp on race, but I have run into a lot more up north than I have down here. It's a stereotype that the typical Texas "redneck" spends his off time hanging blacks and shooting at Mexicans by the Lowes parking lot.
A BLACK guy with the Confederate flag? Go figure haha I don't think most Texans are like that, just my neighbor with his long black white supremacy beard Can't lie, his silver Firehawk is nice though

Man if I could just find a way to make some decent money down here and can snag/build a black procharged trans am with under 100k miles, I'll be stoked, won't need friends, I'll just have conversations with my Procharger. Unlike women, I enjoy hearing a Procharger scream at me
Old 03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Found this:

Old 03-26-2011, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Found this:

Old 03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

The two years I lived outside of texas were the worst two years of my life... I'm never leaving again minus vacations - haha
Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

no need to leave texas for vacation! i'll be back home in under 2 years.

the people that have no friends need to work on their ppl skills...
Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

haha what are you talking about man, everyday is a party in Haltom! Just ask all of my frien-- Oh wait...

Not sure how to meet ANYBODY, it's hard to make friends in community college, everyone just shows up, gets in, gets out, and leaves. Not like high school or universities I work at a restaurant in Ft. Worth called Charleston's. TCU's coach Gary Patterson came in the other day and I spilled coffee and food all over him
Try getting into a larger university this will probably be better socially and monetarily. What are you trying to major in?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Reject
no need to leave texas for vacation! i'll be back home in under 2 years.

the people that have no friends need to work on their ppl skills...
I have social skills. I was voted funniest of my Senior class when I graduated high school last year, everyone who was in 10th grade+ knew me and loved me, and I was well liked and respected. Now high school is over and it's gone Most ppl graduate and most of their high school friends are still around to hang out with. I moved 3 days after graduation to here, was here for 2.5 weeks, went back to CA on my own, lingered for 6 months and now I'm back here again I didn't grow up with anybody here, I didn't go to school here, and I can't just randomly walk up to someone who looks my age and be like "Hey man, I'm new here. Let's hang out! Be my friend!" Starting community college next month here is my best hope

Originally Posted by Puppet_Master
Try getting into a larger university this will probably be better socially and monetarily. What are you trying to major in?
Problem is I won't be going to a university till Fall of 2012, and that will be back in California so it won't matter than anyways All my friends in universities are having the time of their lives, when I was supporting myself in CA for the second half of 2010 by working all day during the day and all night at night and going to college 5 times a week full time and working my *** off, friends were partying in their dorms or clubbing in the towns and having the best days of their lives. I want in on that ****, but now I'm even farther than I was before. I should probably stop bitching, but it's just frustrating you know?

My goals are a little lofty (I think?) but something tells me it's achievable, I've seen guys my age pull it off before. Before I get back to CA in August 2012 (~1.5 years) I would like to have sold my current v6 bird and be sporting a Procharged black TA, possibly a GSXR 600 for gas and as a DD, and I'd like to have a bit of money to start me off with for living costs in CA, since I struck up a deal with my parents that if I can pay for most or all of my living costs, they'll pay for university. Gonna work my *** off in school the next year and try to get scholarships as well. If I could make $30k in the next 18 months, I'd be ******* psyched. Just need to figure it out, so I guess having no friends to distract me is sort of a blessing in disguide
Old 03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

2 things I'm sure about
I was born in Texas and I'm gonna die in Texas
Old 03-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Staging Lane

Puro pinche Tejas.. oops I hit the SAP button. Texas FTW!!! Just like how NemeSS said born in Texas die in Texas
Old 03-29-2011, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

I have social skills. I was voted funniest of my Senior class when I graduated high school last year, everyone who was in 10th grade+ knew me and loved me, and I was well liked and respected. Now high school is over and it's gone Most ppl graduate and most of their high school friends are still around to hang out with. I moved 3 days after graduation to here, was here for 2.5 weeks, went back to CA on my own, lingered for 6 months and now I'm back here again I didn't grow up with anybody here, I didn't go to school here, and I can't just randomly walk up to someone who looks my age and be like "Hey man, I'm new here. Let's hang out! Be my friend!" Starting community college next month here is my best hope

Problem is I won't be going to a university till Fall of 2012, and that will be back in California so it won't matter than anyways All my friends in universities are having the time of their lives, when I was supporting myself in CA for the second half of 2010 by working all day during the day and all night at night and going to college 5 times a week full time and working my *** off, friends were partying in their dorms or clubbing in the towns and having the best days of their lives. I want in on that ****, but now I'm even farther than I was before. I should probably stop bitching, but it's just frustrating you know?

My goals are a little lofty (I think?) but something tells me it's achievable, I've seen guys my age pull it off before. Before I get back to CA in August 2012 (~1.5 years) I would like to have sold my current v6 bird and be sporting a Procharged black TA, possibly a GSXR 600 for gas and as a DD, and I'd like to have a bit of money to start me off with for living costs in CA, since I struck up a deal with my parents that if I can pay for most or all of my living costs, they'll pay for university. Gonna work my *** off in school the next year and try to get scholarships as well. If I could make $30k in the next 18 months, I'd be ******* psyched. Just need to figure it out, so I guess having no friends to distract me is sort of a blessing in disguide
if you wanna make those goals you need 2 jobs.

Work day and night. I worked 60 hrs a week in college, and also pulled in 2 degrees.

You can party anytime you want. You gotta decide what you want, like someone else here said, bitches, cars or education... pick 2 of the 3.

Personally I hated CA. It's not worth the $ you pay to go there. Sorry, don't feel like dropping 2k a month for a 1000 sq ft **** hole. Each to there own. You just need to go out and meet people if you want friends, or go out to the car shows... I would think since your in the service industry you'd have tons of friends. I know my best friends were my regulars and people I took care of every night and I still keep in touch. My wife still works in the industry and she has lots of friends from work....

Good luck what ever you decide on.

Oh yeah and if you sit down and do the math you really don't save **** with a 600 as a DD when you factor in the price tag of buying it, then insurance (u need full coverage unless you pay cash for it, then your an idiot not to since if you wreck it and you will they are normally totalled), tag, tax and then wear and tear. 600's will get decent mpg yes I agree, but only when you baby it, and will you really baby it? It will take you quite a few years to make up for the gas savings, might as well just get your TA Procharged like you want it and then drive it... but that's just me. If your really trying to save money for gas get a late 90's toyota or honda that still gets 40 mpg and you can pay cash for it for like 2 grand.... you will really save that way. I drove the crap out of a 92 corolla in CA and it got 40+ mpg. Driving it for work is how I paid for my z06 lol.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Hey man I know where haltom city is, my ex lived there. Its a pretty slow town to be in so I can feel your pain. But ive also been in your shoes. I got moved to oklahoma city the day after I graduated high school and ive been stuck here ever since. The great thing about dallas is you are ALWAYS within 20-30 minutes of something fun to do. Lewisville is about a 15-20 minute drive from you and if they still have them there used to be a car meet every wednesday night at the sonic on 3040. The ricekiller meets are in dallas every monday night and are huge. You might not like some of the crowd but those kind of places are a good place to shoot the **** with other car peoples and forget about the daily grind. Ive met some of my best friends and some of the most quality people ive ever met at random car events. You have to have met at least one person you get along with pretty good down there, try hitting up a club in deep ellum on a saturday night.

Its tough man but believe me, I spent my first 3 months in OKC feeling sorry for myself and doing nothing but sitting in my apartment on the computer. Dont let the drearyness of haltom ruin your experience of texas. Im still trying to get my *** back down there lol.

Btw, to get back on topic, the reason im in the texas section is I lived in flower mound from 97-03 and was in the graduating class of FMHS in 03.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

A BLACK guy with the Confederate flag? Go figure haha I don't think most Texans are like that, just my neighbor with his long black white supremacy beard Can't lie, his silver Firehawk is nice though
Check this out, I Graduated from Robert E. Lee High School in Midland Texas where the mascot is a fighting rebel but the school is about 80% black.

Some of Robert E. Lee's bio: "The Federal authorities offered Lee the command of the field army about to invade the South, which he refused. Resigning his commission, he made his way to Richmond, VA and was at once made a major-general in the Virginian forces. A few weeks later he became a brigadier-general in the Confederate service."
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

texas all the day way!!! i was born and raised in texas and im going to college in kansas cant wait to get back in May
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 AM
The House is Rockin'

texas. home of steers, and queers.

oh and george W. bush

the best things that came out of texas was SRV and ZZ TOP.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN
texas. home of steers, and queers.

oh and george W. bush

the best things that came out of texas was SRV and ZZ TOP.
George W. Bush was born in Connecticut, he's a yankee.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL

Because we like seeing your Texas women

If I had a choice I would live in TX, you guys are the last frontier
for real cars and being able to drive them.

Out by me it's all about how much the law can get out of you and
you would get pulled over for the stupidiest things.