Silverado HD destroying the SD and Ram HD

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgarza54
LMAO I didnt even catch that.. lol

I thought they were able to slide by cause they were "Cummins" but it wasn't an arguement.. I like the fact that Chevy whooped ***, but I just hate that DEF requirement in all the new diesels now..
The sad fact of the matter is ,its an Isuzu powered Chevy chassis.And yes every manufacture vid will show how the other out performed the other. So no to say it was a Chevy that whooped *** is an incorrect statement.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kennyxg
The sad fact of the matter is ,its an Isuzu powered Chevy chassis.And yes every manufacture vid will show how the other out performed the other. So no to say it was a Chevy that whooped *** is an incorrect statement.
same can be said for all the HD trucks

Ford = International...... they did bring their diesel "in house" this year, but they also brought along the International engineers that make it while doing so

Dodge = Cummins

Chevy = Isuzu

No HD truck makes their own diesel engines, they contract out with companies that specialize in Diesels and Isuzu is top notch when it comes to experience in making diesels

chevy also has allison transmissions and that company is also top notch at making HD transmissions

so you get a top notch engine/transmission combo

i see your point on how its not really a "chevy" and how it could be called a mutt because it is mixed with parts from different companies

BUT

that could be said with MANY "american" vehicles on the road today

Old 04-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
same can be said for all the HD trucks

Ford = International...... they did bring their diesel "in house" this year, but they also brought along the International engineers that make it while doing so

Dodge = Cummins

Chevy = Isuzu

No HD truck makes their own diesel engines, they contract out with companies that specialize in Diesels and Isuzu is top notch when it comes to experience in making diesels

chevy also has allison transmissions and that company is also top notch at making HD transmissions

so you get a top notch engine/transmission combo

i see your point on how its not really a "chevy" and how it could be called a mutt because it is mixed with parts from different companies

BUT

that could be said with MANY "american" vehicles on the road today

The Ford is not an international it is now built by Ford...
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Of course every manufacture will showcase how their truck is better than the other.. In that vid, Chevy, or if you will Isuzu, whooped ***. Was it a biased test where the test showcased Chevy's stong points, yes.. Do I care who won, not really. I was actually looking to buy a SD because of all the cabin space you get compared to the Chevys.. Will I put my truck through any/all of those rigorous test, can't say that I will..
Old 04-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

The Ford is not an international it is now built by Ford...
did you read the part where i wrote:

they did bring their diesel "in house" this year, but they also brought along the International engineers that make it while doing so

Old 04-07-2011, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sometimes wonder on those tests if the Chevy is ticked off with the option boxes like:

4.10 rear axle ratio
Extra heavy duty Z71 off road suspension
Heavy duty trailering equipment
Intergrated trailer brake controller

While the Ford is delivered with no such options and a standard 2.73 axle ratio.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 AM
On The Tree

What? The gm is an izuzu? Omg get out of here with that nonsense. Lol where have you been man? It's only been that way for the past 1 years. Izuzu and gm have been making trucks together for the longest time since 72?!?! Or so. Kind of an irrelevant point who builds their diesels. It's not just about the engine. I mean of coarse the vehicle wouldn't move without it. But it isn't what makes the truck.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL at commercials like this, claiming independent testing. It does show the strong points of the GM trucks, which I also feel are the top player in this segment (at the moment). The GM trucks also supposedly get the 19-20 mpg that they used to, which has my attention. I've been considering a new HD truck to replace my 5.9L Dodge, but I prefer my 21 mpg and proven reliability of the 5.9L. I've driven each of the '11 model brands, and I still lean towards Dodge having done so. It rides the best, has the best steering, and I feel the best looking design for a dually. No pig **** requirement, either. Only the Ford and GM need the pig ****.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I like my new 2011 HD, but man does the mileage suxk. I think I get around 12 miles per gallon whether pulling a trailer or not.
You would get better mileage if you would disconnect that trailer and ZR1! Saw you last Friday going down 528.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I like my new 2011 HD, but man does the mileage suxk. I think I get around 12 miles per gallon whether pulling a trailer or not.
Is this a GM HD? If so, that sucks to hear. I suppose the 20 mpg claims are bogus then?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Screw an IFS HD 4x4.

24 mpg with my 5.9...(when it's not hazing black smoke!)
Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I like my Dodge.

CAI
DPF delete
H&S 175hp tune

=

My truck putting those 3 in my rearview mirror in a cloud of black smoke while getting well over 20mpg on the highway.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Is this a GM HD? If so, that sucks to hear. I suppose the 20 mpg claims are bogus then?
From what I have read on the diesel forums, most of the new trucks have tons or power, but can't pass a gas station even when empty. If you delete the dpf and such the mileage improves significantly. I don't know about 20 mpg, but it's possible. I can get that out of my 06, but that was before most of the emmissions garbage.

One thing I always have to ask is whether or not it is hand calculated. People always rely on the display and those are known to be off. If you add a tuner or anything it is even worse. So many people make mileage claims, but have never calculated their mileage once. When they do that, suddenly they get real quiet.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

I hand calculate mine, lol my 02 doesn't have any of that fancy display ****
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
2TR
On The Tree

Advertiser wins...SURPRISE!?

I think not.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I have a ford truck buddy and i posted this on his fb and he said just another test performed by gm to make themselves look good .

to which i replied, i haven't seen any ford videos showing theirs strengths?

he wrote they have no need to brag they all ready sell more year after year .

Anything good i can zing him with as a rebut .
Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eh, I am not sure I would bother getting dragged into something like that. It's always the same crap that goes back and forth. You could pull up sales #'s and see if they really sell more. After the 6.0 Ford sales dropped. GM and Dodge picked up a ton of new customers so I am not sure how much more (if any) Ford sells over the others.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Not only that sales numbers do not matter to me when im shopping for a HD truck.. I want something that is going to move the most weight effectively and be reliable.. Regardless if the test was "RIGGED" or not.. (I dont think it was.. Kind of hard to rig a few of those) The fact that on the flex test the ford flexed that much and kinked the tailgate.. I'm sorry but that alone steers me even further from ford.. The dodge should have kept the 5.9 Best motor out there i think.. I care about powertrain and frame strength..
Old 04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's actually why I went with Ford is the cabin space plus they are the best trucks in the price range. I couldnt find a clean lifted dmax or cummins for under $20k, sucks because I really wanted to try something different.

Are the Allisons in the new trucks better? I'm disappointed that they don't last long after a 100hp increase. My friends has held up though but the duramax didn't, poor truck.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
I have a ford truck buddy and i posted this on his fb and he said just another test performed by gm to make themselves look good .

to which i replied, i haven't seen any ford videos showing theirs strengths?

he wrote they have no need to brag they all ready sell more year after year .

Anything good i can zing him with as a rebut .
Ford has a lot better website than Chevy does

Chevy puts their vids on youtube, ford puts theirs on their website
http://www.ford.com/2011superduty/?p...9m3n0p20110301