Silverado HD destroying the SD and Ram HD

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silverado HD destroying the SD and Ram HD

These videos demonstrate why the '11 Silverado HD is by far the best HD on the market. The testing were conducted by a independent party and only GM decided to make videos of the results.

The Ram HD gets absolutely burned in these videos. I wonder why it was left out of the majority of the comparisons? It just shows you that the Silverado HD and SD are only two HD trucks worth looking at. Both are great trucks . However, the Silverado HD is king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6I8g...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah65O...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xprl4...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1Z9...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOQO...layer_embedded
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dayum. Sucks for Dodge!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's because very few trucks will ever see that much weight so dodge decided to focus more on ride quality.

Doesn't really matter though, each will just keep releasing higher power tunes so if one truck is ahead, they won't be for long. That's why Ford has Job 1, Job 2, Job 3 etc... I don't know what GM calls theirs.

All 3 are bad *** trucks, I've driven them and it's hard to pick a favorite.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Duramax ftw!!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Independent test with the same celebrity that does comercials for Chevy? WTF? I got to call BS on the independent test. Go ahead and call me out with independent test facts. But, where are the "That thing got a Hemi" dudes at? Don't they get to walk around and talk to a camera?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

2011 Ram HD trucks are recieving a mid year power upgrade. As of next month the ram 2500 and 3500 will have the HO option of 400hp with 815ftlbs of torque.... It only costs the buyer $450.00 That will once again level the playing field... And there doing it without the need of DEF fluid to meet emmissions standards...
Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Also, Ford and Dodge have a set of viral Videos showing exact opposite of everything shown here.... All the manufacturers have these "Independent Companies" to help people drink the cool-aid. All are paid for by the manufacturer and are biased to whatever vehicle they are selling. You think Howie Long just shows up for free?

End note, Duramax is a badass truck no matter whose video you watch.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

bahhh as usual the company that puts on the test comes out ahead.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

The only thing I hate about all the new 2011 diesel trucks is that you will have to keep an eye out on the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) fluid which the truck has to have or it will not run.. I know on Chevys it has to be filled every 10,000 miles or so and will give a 1,000 mile warning that it is low.. If you ever get it low enough, the truck will reduce power and the check engine light will come on. Dodge for some reason was able to get away without having to put and DEF fluid on there cummins..

Last edited by jgarza54; 04-06-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jgarza54
cummings..
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

I like my new 2011 HD, but man does the mileage suxk. I think I get around 12 miles per gallon whether pulling a trailer or not.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
I like my new 2011 HD, but man does the mileage suxk. I think I get around 12 miles per gallon whether pulling a trailer or not.
DPF delete and tuner should put it up to 20mpg highway.

Went from 12 to about 15 with just a tuner on my truck in the city, 50mph knocks down over 20.. Stuff costs a little money but it's well worth not having to fill up once a week and the tuner will put a big smile on your face.

I guess that is the advantage Dodge has, bro in laws 2010 got 16 mixed when I was cruising around in it, he got the DPF delete and a tuner but has not installed it, I am really interested to see the gains. The old 05 3500 dually got around 24 highway though with the 6spd, only had exhaust. I can't say how accurate the overhead is, there is also one at work that says 20mpg and it's been sitting in the parking lot a while..

Definitely getting a Dodge or Dmax next, Fords have terrible gas mileage. Friend beats the **** off his Dmax and it gets 16mpg city.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

For those doubting the results there are numerous magazines that have done the tests and the duramax comes out on top. The duramax doesnt have any job numbers for the tunes, it still has the same tune that the initial LML came out with. Cummins will be going to DEF next year so the DEF argument is a mute point. Also retarded penguin, as usual you dont know what youre talking about. The dodge is virtually unchanged suspension wise for quite some time now and it does not ride better than an IFS gm hd. Even with the higher power its not going to make up the deficit that theyre currently fighting. Just like the scorpion which on paper makes more power gets left in the dust. There are videos all over the net of private people racing each other and the duramax always comes out on top given a fair race.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
How many miles do you have on it? And its a dmax right?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The DPF is injected into the exhaust stream if I'm not mistaken. How does that hurt mileage? I know older diesels had a fuel injector in the exhaust to cool it down for emissions.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
For those doubting the results there are numerous magazines that have done the tests and the duramax comes out on top. The duramax doesnt have any job numbers for the tunes, it still has the same tune that the initial LML came out with. Cummins will be going to DEF next year so the DEF argument is a mute point. Also retarded penguin, as usual you dont know what youre talking about. The dodge is virtually unchanged suspension wise for quite some time now and it does not ride better than an IFS gm hd. Even with the higher power its not going to make up the deficit that theyre currently fighting. Just like the scorpion which on paper makes more power gets left in the dust. There are videos all over the net of private people racing each other and the duramax always comes out on top given a fair race.
I thought they went to coil overs? There was a big argument about it because everyone was complaining.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

No dpf is the diesel particulate filter. Def is diesel exhaust fluid they inject it into the exhaust stream to reduce n0x gasses. The dpf is why you no longer see newer m-max's that still have it not blow that soot everywhere. They go into a regen either while going down the highway or you can use a tech2 during regen the ecm commands the hydrocarbon injector to injet fuel upstream from the diesel oxidation catalyst to light the cat off to create enough heat to burn off the soot/carbon off inside the dpf. thats Also a reason for the goofy lookin exhaust tips it's too cool down the exhaust during regen.

Last edited by 1_fast_gto; 04-06-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool. Thanx for the info.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I thought they went to coil overs? There was a big argument about it because everyone was complaining.
On the half tons, HDs are still leafs
Originally Posted by 1_fast_gto
No dpf is the diesel particulate filter. Def is diesel exhaust fluid they inject it into the exhaust stream to reduce n0x gasses. The dpf is why you no longer see newer m-max's that still have it not blow that soot everywhere. They go into a regen either while going down the highway or you can use a tech2 during regen the ecm commands the hydrocarbon injector to injet fuel upstream from the diesel oxidation catalyst to light the cat off to create enough heat to burn off the soot/carbon off inside the dpf. thats Also a reason for the goofy lookin exhaust tips it's too cool down the exhaust during regen.
Its such an asinine design, the whole DPF thing yeah it catches all the crap but then you inject EXTRA diesel into the exhaust to "burn" out the accumulation of byproduct from teh combustion process. All it basically does is delay the expulsion of the "bad" stuff and dumps it all at once.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
LMAO I didnt even catch that.. lol

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Cummins will be going to DEF next year so the DEF argument is a mute point.
I thought they were able to slide by cause they were "Cummins" but it wasn't an arguement.. I like the fact that Chevy whooped ***, but I just hate that DEF requirement in all the new diesels now..