Economical Luxury Sedan - Gasoline - At least 32+ MPG Highway

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5w20 and Head Hunter, every car manufacturer has different markup values. Hyundais don't have as much markup as let's say a Chevy truck. I am not looking to pay sticker for any car, but again I don't expect $5k off of MSRP as I would a Chevy truck because there's just not that much markup on the Hyundai. If you go to Yahoo.com, then click on Auto on the left hand side of the page towards the top, you can enter the new make, model, trim, options, etc. and it will tell you the MSRP and invoice.

I know some dealerships strictly work off commission relying on profit on each individual sale. Then there's dealerships that work off of volume and work towards monthly bonuses. What I really wanted to know is if it's possible to sell below invoice and if so, how? I wonder how much lower they can go?

BluFlame, they no longer make Pontiacs and I'm in the market for a new car.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
5w20 and Head Hunter, every car manufacturer has different markup values. Hyundais don't have as much markup as let's say a Chevy truck. I am not looking to pay sticker for any car, but again I don't expect $5k off of MSRP as I would a Chevy truck because there's just not that much markup on the Hyundai. If you go to Yahoo.com, then click on Auto on the left hand side of the page towards the top, you can enter the new make, model, trim, options, etc. and it will tell you the MSRP and invoice.

very true

I know some dealerships strictly work off commission relying on profit on each individual sale. Then there's dealerships that work off of volume and work towards monthly bonuses. What I really wanted to know is if it's possible to sell below invoice and if so, how? I wonder how much lower they can go?

the dealer that sells more usually can give you a better price because they get yearly kickbacks on total units sold

BluFlame, they no longer make Pontiacs and I'm in the market for a new car.
Your best bet and emailing all dealers and see what kind of price you get. Have a trim level and options decided to make it easier.

If you consider a camry :

Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
9 Second Club NA

Dammit 5w20, you're making this hard! Lol jk. Where do you get these pics from? As I mentioned in a previous message in different words, wheels make or break a vehicle. That Camry looks so clean. I'm really really trying to get away from the whole modifying scene and preferably, I would like to purchase a vehicle that looks good from the factory because I don't want to make any modifications whatsoever. You're already giving me bad influences haha. You just had to find a Camry in white. It definitely looks lowered, obviously has wheels, and possibly a body kit and/or ground effects?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

acura tsx?......or has that already been mentioned?...IDK
Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Dammit 5w20, you're making this hard! Lol jk. Where do you get these pics from? As I mentioned in a previous message in different words, wheels make or break a vehicle. That Camry looks so clean. I'm really really trying to get away from the whole modifying scene and preferably, I would like to purchase a vehicle that looks good from the factory because I don't want to make any modifications whatsoever. You're already giving me bad influences haha. You just had to find a Camry in white. It definitely looks lowered, obviously has wheels, and possibly a body kit and/or ground effects?
Well I seen camry mentioned and I remember seeing one lowered with wheels that IMO looked good. I think it is a SE trim level with the accessory rear spoiler. It has d2forged wheels and d2racing coilovers.
Nineball might be a dealer for those wheels on the white one.

Wheels and drop make a car look way different but on these cars thats all you would want to do anyways. You could probably save money on buying a Camry and put that towards the wheels/drop.

The TL-S is a friends as mentioned above.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
:Facepalm:
Facepalm my ***.. Camrys and maximas look so much better than any of the sedan cars the top 3 make. They look more sporty rather than plain and boring.

Here is a pic of my wifes 2010 SE.. Look at the pics 5w20 posted.. show me a damn ford fusion, or chevy malibu that looks that great just lowered and rims. I know Drag wasnt trying to modify it, but the SE just looks sweet as it sits. Ford, Chevy, Dodge sedan cars are all plain and look the same. All they did was throw a shiny grill in front.. This is my wifes car as is brand new right off the lot. My wifes car gets alot of stares. Very sharp looking car. Gets up and accelerates pretty quick also.
Attached Thumbnails Economical Luxury Sedan - Gasoline - At least 32+ MPG Highway-camry-front.jpg   Economical Luxury Sedan - Gasoline - At least 32+ MPG Highway-camry-sid.jpg  

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 04-13-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
9 Second Club NA

jc98ss, it wasn't mentioned, but I did look into it during the process of my search. It doesn't meet the fuel economy requirements.

5w20, I definitely don't have any plans of lowering whichever sedan I choose and if I ever did, it wouldn't be as low as the pics you posted. I just don't wanna hack up another vehicle. I can't argue with you, the cars you've posted go beyond what I ever thought a economical sedan could look like. The Camry does fit the criteria, so I'll keep it in mind.

TXZ28LS1, the Maxima is out, the Camry is a possibility. The Maxima just doesn't get the fuel economy I'm looking for. Are those the factory/stock wheels on your wife's car?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Why the need for 32? Where are you driving now for work?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

TXZ28LS1, the Maxima is out, the Camry is a possibility. The Maxima just doesn't get the fuel economy I'm looking for. Are those the factory/stock wheels on your wife's car?

Dragaholic, the rims on my wifes car are the upgraded 18" TRD rims. It was already on the car when i purchased it. Those rims are like 2k if not more. You might actually get the best deal going with toyota just because of the past issues. I know they were bending over backwards at dealerships to get buyers. But i will say that i am pleased with it. Drives great, smooth and comfy no doubt. And most of all its very sporty and appealing. Have not had any issues at all.

Thats why i was saying, its one of the only sedans that look the way it does. All the other sedans out there all look the same.

Im surprised the Maxima doesnt get that much on fuel economy. My buddy has the metallic gray one and its a damn nice car.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 04-13-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
9 Second Club NA

Randy_S, it doesn't necessarily need to be exactly 32, but at least. The more the better actually. I've been looking at fuel efficient cars for a while now, but just now getting serious with it.

TXZ28LS1, what kind of issues was Toyota having? I'm not arguing that the Maxima is a nice car, it just doesn't the fuel efficiency. 26 mpg highway isn't even close to what I'm looking for.

Click on the link below. It's various photos of a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited in Pearl White. Some of them are the 2.4L and some of them are the 2.0T. The ones with the 18" wheels is the one I'm considering, which would be the 2.0T (turbo).

http://www.google.com/search?q=2011+...w=1672&bih=850
Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Teching In

lol it's all good man. I have a 2011 turbo K5 aka Kia....and I already debaged it and got these cooler looking emblems for it!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-...Q5fAccessories

To me they look dam good and really set the car off....And of course no one knows what the hell I am driving!! haha
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

TXZ28LS1, what kind of issues was Toyota having? I'm not arguing that the Maxima is a nice car, it just doesn't the fuel efficiency. 26 mpg highway isn't even close to what I'm looking for.
Well the biggest was the gas pedal issue. Toyota has resolved those issues. I dont have any problems with it. Are you basically wanting to get a brand new car off the lot Dragaholic or something used?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club NA

I'm looking for a new car, but I'm not against used. Why do you ask?
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 5w20
This car is retarded looking.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm looking for a new car, but I'm not against used. Why do you ask?
Just wondering man..
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Looks damn sexy imo considering it's a hyundai...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...nfo-auto_shows
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club NA

There's a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T in Pearl White with black interior and navigation at Ron Carter Hyundai. It even has extra options like carpeted mats, cargo net, cargo mat, mud flaps, sunroof wind deflector, iPod cable, bumper applique, and wheel locks. MSRP is $30,855 and they're willing to sell it to me for invoice which is $28,758. I know they can do better than this. I've read on Hyundai forums that some dealerships are selling below invoice. How would I get below invoice?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

There's a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T in Pearl White with black interior and navigation at Ron Carter Hyundai. It even has extra options like carpeted mats, cargo net, cargo mat, mud flaps, sunroof wind deflector, iPod cable, bumper applique, and wheel locks. MSRP is $30,855 and they're willing to sell it to me for invoice which is $28,758. I know they can do better than this. I've read on Hyundai forums that some dealerships are selling below invoice. How would I get below invoice?
Keep hustling. Email all available dealers in the area and if you are willing to drive for a deal email them too. You can make pricing get competitive all by sitting in front of a computer. The bad part is you are trying to trade in your truck, they can give you different values for it and thats a bad X factor.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 5w20
Keep hustling. Email all available dealers in the area and if you are willing to drive for a deal email them too. You can make pricing get competitive all by sitting in front of a computer. The bad part is you are trying to trade in your truck, they can give you different values for it and thats a bad X factor.
That's easy. Talk sale price of car. After agreement is made, talk trade-in price. If unacceptable, walk away.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Buy on the last day of the month.